Windows 10: Icons with grey X on them

Discus and support Icons with grey X on them in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Someone help me, i dont know what i did wrong, it looks like this. https://gyazo.com/64e07d3a718d13740257f9a01922b565 submitted by /u/MattNotes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MattNotes, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Icons with grey X on them

/u/MattNotes, Mar 18, 2020
  2. GH1200 Win User

GREY X'S ON DESKTOP ICONS

WHY ARE THERE GREY X'S ON MY DESKTOP ICONS, AND HOW DO I REMOVE THEM?

GH1200, Mar 18, 2020
  3. LORRIE N Win User
    grey x's

Why do I have grey x's on my desktop icons

LORRIE N, Mar 18, 2020
  4. besuds Win User

Icons with grey X on them

Grey X on destop icons, help

I have read several posts on what to do for grey x on desktop icons. No one has really given an answer to fix. Just started today when I loaded dropbox. Whats up? All the icons open. Not on all icons just some. Can anyone tell me how to get these
    out?

besuds, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Icons with grey X on them

1. Icons with grey X on them - Similar Threads - Icons grey

2. Settings icon for screen projecting greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings icon for screen projecting greyed out: I’ve been attempting to project my windows computer screen on to my TV and can do so successfully. I want to attempt to change the settings of the projecting to put it into gaming mode, but the gear icon that is meant to be clickable at the top of the pinned bar is greyed-out...
  3. Settings icon for screen projecting greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings icon for screen projecting greyed out: I’ve been attempting to project my windows computer screen on to my TV and can do so successfully. I want to attempt to change the settings of the projecting to put it into gaming mode, but the gear icon that is meant to be clickable at the top of the pinned bar is greyed-out...
  4. Quick Menu on taskbar not showing, WI-FI icon disappeared and Night Light option greyed out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Menu on taskbar not showing, WI-FI icon disappeared and Night Light option greyed out.: Hello, Community! I'm currently running into an issue on my Windows 11. I've noticed that my WI-FI icon is not showing anymore, but I still have connection and can modify via Settings. Also, when I click on it in order to activate Night Light through Quick Settings, nothing...
  5. Quick Menu on taskbar not showing, WI-FI icon disappeared and Night Light option greyed out.

Quick Menu on taskbar not showing, WI-FI icon disappeared and Night Light option greyed out.: Hello, Community! I'm currently running into an issue on my Windows 11. I've noticed that my WI-FI icon is not showing anymore, but I still have connection and can modify via Settings. Also, when I click on it in order to activate Night Light through Quick Settings, nothing...
  6. Why are some Start menu icon groups greyed out?

Why are some Start menu icon groups greyed out?: Hi. There are two parts to this question about the Start menu icon groups.1. Why won't it let me move the TextPad icon bottom left into the gap in the gap in the icon group above it?2. Why have several icon groups all apart from Misc and Games suddenly greyed-out?And how can...
  7. Why are some Start menu icon groups greyed out?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why are some Start menu icon groups greyed out?: Hi. There are two parts to this question about the Start menu icon groups.1. Why won't it let me move the TextPad icon bottom left into the gap in the gap in the icon group above it?2. Why have several icon groups all apart from Misc and Games suddenly greyed-out?And how can...
  8. Why are some Start menu icon groups greyed out?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. action center icon greyed out

action center icon greyed out: I don't have an action center. I checked the action center icon and it is greyed out. I can't change it. The IT tried a bunch of things. Nothing worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-icon-greyed-out/5ccd00dc-796c-4a03-80a9-e58144ae16a1
  10. action center icon greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    action center icon greyed out: I don't have an action center. I checked the action center icon and it is greyed out. I can't change it. The IT tried a bunch of things. Nothing worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-icon-greyed-out/5ccd00dc-796c-4a03-80a9-e58144ae16a1