Windows 10: Icons

Discus and support Icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My desktop icons suddenly appeared with a huge empty margin around them, resizing icons doesn't help, its like all icons have huge boxes around them,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RainersUstinkins, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Icons

My desktop icons suddenly appeared with a huge empty margin around them, resizing icons doesn't help, its like all icons have huge boxes around them, so 20 icons takes up half of the desktop, any help?

:)

RainersUstinkins, Jan 24, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

Icons

GPU-Z Program Icon Submission

Suggestion to have an option to change Notification Area icon this way too.
    Suggestion to finally have proper separate Options window like most (all?) Windows programs do.

Thema:

Icons

1. Icons - Similar Threads - Icons

2. selected icon does not show on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    selected icon does not show on taskbar: I followed instructions for making an icon show on the taskbar. The icon is to Safe Eject Devices. But even after a restart, that selected icon does not show on taskbar. Going nuts here.... can anyone help?...
  3. How can I stop taskbar toolbar icons from moving around (adding extra spaces/gaps) when I...

How can I stop taskbar toolbar icons from moving around (adding extra spaces/gaps) when I...: Hello, I have an issue where extra spaces, gaps, etc are being added at the end of the icons in a custom taskbar toolbar. When the taskbar is "unlocked" for customizing, the toolbar icons are correctly placed, but as soon as I lock the taskbar again, they shift over to the...
  4. Taskbar icon flashing

Taskbar icon flashing: When you start a program in Windows, the icon on the taskbar flashes Orange, presumably to alert you that it's open (as though you did not know already that XD). I want it to not do that. It is incredibly distracting, and not very user-friendly trying to work and iTunes or...
  5. Windows 10 desktop icons become huge tiles on boot

Windows 10 desktop icons become huge tiles on boot: Hi folks, Running Windows 10 on a Dell laptop, we've recently experienced a strange problem. Normally, icon size is set at SMALL, and this laptop has perhaps 30 or more icons on the desktop. On cold boot (power up) in the morning, for two mornings in a row, we've had the...
  6. How to customize icon on the right bottom corner for window 10?

How to customize icon on the right bottom corner for window 10?: There is missing customization option, I would like to know on how to customize icon on the right bottom corner for window 10. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions...
  7. OneDrive starts backing-up my files automatically. After stopped syncing, the icons on my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive starts backing-up my files automatically. After stopped syncing, the icons on my...: Hi all, today after I have started up my computer, my OneDrive starts to back up my files automatically. I have remembered VERY CLEARLY that I have disabled OneDrive syncing, and there is nothing in my OneDrive space, but somehow it started again without manually setting...
  8. pinned icons in taskbar are hidden or not visible

pinned icons in taskbar are hidden or not visible: hi there, after an update my pinned icons in the taskbar like windows explorer, internet explorer, and pinned icons like chrome and other stuff which is present on the left-hand bottom as u know are not visible only Cortana and start menu icon and search icon is...
  9. I've suddenly lost my icons. Oh, the labels are still visible, but no pictures to go with.

I've suddenly lost my icons. Oh, the labels are still visible, but no pictures to go with.: As I said, no pictures. After a short shutdown for a shower, and reboot half-an-hour later, I was greeted by a screen showing only labels....
  10. Some shortcut icons appear as blank pages

Some shortcut icons appear as blank pages: I have mostly shortcuts to PowerPoint files on my desktop. When I create the shortcuts by right clicking on the file, selecting create a shortcut, and then dragging the shortcut onto the desktop, more often than not the shortcut icon on the desktop appears as just a blank...