Windows 10: icons

Discus and support icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; used to be when I left click on the windows icon on lower left side of screen all my icons were in one vertical column. now there icons on the top... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AliceSnow, Jul 11, 2019.

1. AliceSnow Win User

icons

used to be when I left click on the windows icon on lower left side of screen all my icons were in one vertical column. now there icons on the top left. if I click on the bottom one it shows the icons but in the middle of screen. how do I get them back to the left side in one vertical column.

Respectively Yours,

Alice S.

:)

AliceSnow, Jul 11, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

icons

GPU-Z Program Icon Submission

Suggestion to have an option to change Notification Area icon this way too.
    Suggestion to finally have proper separate Options window like most (all?) Windows programs do.

Thema:

icons

1. icons - Similar Threads - icons

2. Help. These Icons keep appearing and if I hover over them with my mouse they dissappear....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help. These Icons keep appearing and if I hover over them with my mouse they dissappear....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CollectionHelpful205 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1bnkh0t/help_these_icons_keep_appearing_and_if_i_hover/
  3. "Pinned" icons on the task bar keep moving around, where are my tools?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Pinned" icons on the task bar keep moving around, where are my tools?: I just switched to Windows 11 PC from Windows 10. I have a number of frequently used apps "pinned" to the task bar, but no matter how I adjust the settings, they will not stay in a fixed position. They slide down the task bar depending on the order and type of the files I've...
  4. "Pinned" icons on the task bar keep moving around, where are my tools?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Pinned" icons on the task bar keep moving around, where are my tools?: I just switched to Windows 11 PC from Windows 10. I have a number of frequently used apps "pinned" to the task bar, but no matter how I adjust the settings, they will not stay in a fixed position. They slide down the task bar depending on the order and type of the files I've...
  5. Wifi and Bluetooth Icon went missing :/

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi and Bluetooth Icon went missing :/: Hello to anyone reading this,I don’t know how to explain this in a formal or professional manner but, today during 11-12 pm, I was in class in the middle of checking my assignments only to suddenly have no internet. I thought that the school WiFi has accidentally powered off...
  6. Wifi and Bluetooth Icon went missing :/

Wifi and Bluetooth Icon went missing :/: Hello to anyone reading this,I don’t know how to explain this in a formal or professional manner but, today during 11-12 pm, I was in class in the middle of checking my assignments only to suddenly have no internet. I thought that the school WiFi has accidentally powered off...
  7. windows 11 2H23 upgrade replaced printer icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 2H23 upgrade replaced printer icons: I have seen others who have noted this issue but no solutions were given.After my Windows 11 PC was updated with the major 2H2023 release, all the printer icons in Devices and Printers were replaced with Generic versions. I would like to get the old ones back since they...
  8. windows 11 2H23 upgrade replaced printer icons

windows 11 2H23 upgrade replaced printer icons: I have seen others who have noted this issue but no solutions were given.After my Windows 11 PC was updated with the major 2H2023 release, all the printer icons in Devices and Printers were replaced with Generic versions. I would like to get the old ones back since they...
  9. Windows shortcut icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows shortcut icons: I run a registry edit file I got online to remove arrows from all shortcut files but it added another thing looking like a file to the shortcut files instead. How do i remove the item on the shortcut or revert to the default arrow settings...
  10. Windows shortcut icons

Windows shortcut icons: I run a registry edit file I got online to remove arrows from all shortcut files but it added another thing looking like a file to the shortcut files instead. How do i remove the item on the shortcut or revert to the default arrow settings...