Windows 10: icons

Discus and support icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; used to be when I left click on the windows icon on lower left side of screen all my icons were in one vertical column. now there icons on the top... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AliceSnow, Jul 11, 2019.

1. AliceSnow Win User

icons

used to be when I left click on the windows icon on lower left side of screen all my icons were in one vertical column. now there icons on the top left. if I click on the bottom one it shows the icons but in the middle of screen. how do I get them back to the left side in one vertical column.

Respectively Yours,

Alice S.

:)

AliceSnow, Jul 11, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

icons

GPU-Z Program Icon Submission

Suggestion to have an option to change Notification Area icon this way too.
    Suggestion to finally have proper separate Options window like most (all?) Windows programs do.

Thema:

icons

1. icons - Similar Threads - icons

2. desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop icons?: how can I change the size of my desktop icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons/7a915ff0-ade8-4348-b891-b901a47acee8
  3. How do I cleanup unwanted taskbar icons?

How do I cleanup unwanted taskbar icons?: A week or so ago I experimented with showing all the lower right icons I could just for fun. Now I am paying the price for my foolish experiment. I can't find out out to remove all but the 2 or 3 I had displayed before. This complicated by the difficulty in finding a...
  4. Setting Icons for Network Locations in W10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting Icons for Network Locations in W10: I am trying to set the .ico for my network drive in Network Locations of File Explorer. I'd like the custom .ico to show in Network Locations across all PCs that have added the network resource. I tried: - Right-clicking and Properties to change folder picture, however the...
  5. Window Security Panel Device Performance & Health Icon

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Window Security Panel Device Performance & Health Icon: Window Security Panel Device Performance & Health Icon in Windows 10v.1903 is showing "no action needed", but does not have a green tick like all the other categories do (except family options which have not been set). If I click on the icon it lists things like battery...
  6. windows network icon no network

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows network icon no network: I am fed up with this problem I have reinstalled windows 4 times because of this now its same again I CAN VISIT SITES BUT NETWORK ICON SAYS NO NETWORK what causes this again and again I really do not know please don't advise me to repair windows already done it 10 times...
  7. Edge favourites bar brief flash of icons

in Browsers and Email
    Edge favourites bar brief flash of icons: Can’t say I noticed this before but it seems every time I open edge the favicons in the favourites bar will flash very quickly after a few seconds of opening. It won’t do it again whilst it remains open but if I close it and re open it will reproduce this same behaviour. Is...
  8. Windows Defender Icon not appearing on system tray

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Icon not appearing on system tray: I am a Windows 10 user. I uninstalled Norton AV after I received advise to do so from the Microsoft community experts. I did remove it and activated Windows Defender. But the windows defender icon is not visible in the system tray. I tried various means. I am not an IT...
  9. Microsoft News tile icon missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft News tile icon missing: My Microsoft News icon has gone blank. How can I restore the picture? ***Original title: Windows 10 News Icon*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-news-tile-icon-missing/cc773e7c-eee6-49a4-9ac8-8f7ef115d978
  10. Icons on Task bar transparent (Hidden)

Icons on Task bar transparent (Hidden): Hi All, I have a issue with my windows 10 OS. The Icons are in task bar hidden. Please refer the attachment. But this only effects to applications like calc, Calendar , Camera etc. Apps like word , excel, pdf showing without any issues. Previously I had issue with the...