Windows 10: Icons

Discus and support Icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just bought a new computer (Dell PC) with Windows 10. I find that when the computer is idle for some time, the icons disappear and the screen becomes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Justin42, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Justin42 Win User

Icons

I just bought a new computer (Dell PC) with Windows 10. I find that when the computer is idle for some time, the icons disappear and the screen becomes inoperable. The only solution I've found so far is reboot. That can't be right! Am I doing something wrong or is this something that can be fixed?

And now I find rebooting doesn't work. After the reboot I just get the wallpaper without icons and inability to use the screen.

:)

Justin42, Jun 14, 2016

2. 5800: program icon gone (not moved..)

since i accidentally deleted files in the private folder, i can no longer open programmes installed on the memory card: their icons are gone (not moved, but disappeared)!

How can i open program without icon? Program IS installed, PCsuite detects it.

How can i get back the icons?

icons---01, Jun 14, 2016
  3. program icons gone

i accidentally deleted my "private" folder on my 5800. Now the icons for google maps and alternate reader are gone. PCSuite shows them as installed and i can see the program files while connected to the pc. The symbols are not just moved, i checked. I
    also restarted the phone and used the *#7370# trick. Pls help, i need these programs...

icons---01, Jun 14, 2016
  4. Molyy Win User

Icons

Maybe your system is entirely affected by virus and you need a good antivirus to clean that up.

Molyy, Jun 15, 2016
  5. Justin42 Win User
    Computer is brand new. Protected by McAfee. Which shows no viruses.

Justin42, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Icons

1. Icons - Similar Threads - Icons

2. Volume Icon issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume Icon issue: For some reason, for the last couple of days, whenever I start my computer, the volume icon would show the volume at 0 even thought it was set at 100 when I had turned it off. But when I mess with the volume in any way, it goes back to normal. What gives? Is there a way to...
  3. Ever since an update in 2020, deleted Desktop icons don't update on the desktop properly...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ever since an update in 2020, deleted Desktop icons don't update on the desktop properly...: When you install a new app, or make a new document, sometimes you save to it to the desktop temporarily, or for easy access. However, when you don't need that file, folder, or icon anymore, and you go to delete it through File Explorer (This PC -> Desktop), it doesn't update...
  4. Icons broke in Windows Search.

in Cortana
    Icons broke in Windows Search.: 90% of the icons are broken if I search for them in windows Search, they show instead the photos app icon. Is it a corruption? Has It something to do with the Google Drive file stream as I saw online? Is it even possible to fix this? I started getting this issue not exactly...
  5. Desktop Icons and Short Cuts Disappeared over night. How do i get them back?

Desktop Icons and Short Cuts Disappeared over night. How do i get them back?: I am running windows 10 version 4 When starting up this morning and going to my desktop overnight my short cuts and prints to desk top have disappeared. How do i get them back on the desktop. I cannot remember everything that was on there, but I do know my excel and word...
  6. Icons on my task manager have disappeared, and I can’t open the programs that have disappeared

Icons on my task manager have disappeared, and I can’t open the programs that have disappeared: I have to restart my computer for the icons to appear, but this is really inconvenient and I need it to work without any problems. I have very little knowledge of computers/fixing computer problems. Please what do I do?!? submitted by /u/Thursday_Latte [link] [comments]...
  7. My SD card's icon on my computer keeps switching between these two images randomly. Why is...

My SD card's icon on my computer keeps switching between these two images randomly. Why is...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MaplePixie [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m01qwe/my_sd_cards_icon_on_my_computer_keeps_switching/
  8. How do I get grid of the transparent icons and keep my background?

How do I get grid of the transparent icons and keep my background?: Hello, My computer update and now my icons on my start menu in tablet mode are all transparent. I have tried going into personalization under settings and turning off transparency then changing the background to a color so my apps aren't transparent, but in doing so I lost...
  9. PCs icons missing in Network Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PCs icons missing in Network Folders: Hi, I have 4 PCs on my Home network. Every PCs can access each others. However the PCs icons are missing in the Network folder in file explorer. To access a PC I have to type \\PC1, or \\PC-2, or \\PC-3, \\PC-4 to access each PC shared folders in the address bar or click...
  10. Custom icons set to "large" revert to small after some time.

Custom icons set to "large" revert to small after some time.: So, I like to set my own icons for some apps on my PC. Some of these are games, which are in a seperate folder, and usually set to a large icons view. However, when I set my custom icons, after a certain time, it's size resets. The custom icon remains, but it acts as if the...