Windows 10: Icons

Discus and support Icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just bought a new computer (Dell PC) with Windows 10. I find that when the computer is idle for some time, the icons disappear and the screen becomes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Justin42, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Justin42 Win User

Icons

I just bought a new computer (Dell PC) with Windows 10. I find that when the computer is idle for some time, the icons disappear and the screen becomes inoperable. The only solution I've found so far is reboot. That can't be right! Am I doing something wrong or is this something that can be fixed?

And now I find rebooting doesn't work. After the reboot I just get the wallpaper without icons and inability to use the screen.

:)

Justin42, Jun 14, 2016

2. 5800: program icon gone (not moved..)

since i accidentally deleted files in the private folder, i can no longer open programmes installed on the memory card: their icons are gone (not moved, but disappeared)!

How can i open program without icon? Program IS installed, PCsuite detects it.

How can i get back the icons?

icons---01, Jun 14, 2016
  3. program icons gone

i accidentally deleted my "private" folder on my 5800. Now the icons for google maps and alternate reader are gone. PCSuite shows them as installed and i can see the program files while connected to the pc. The symbols are not just moved, i checked. I
    also restarted the phone and used the *#7370# trick. Pls help, i need these programs...

icons---01, Jun 14, 2016
  4. Molyy Win User

Icons

Maybe your system is entirely affected by virus and you need a good antivirus to clean that up.

Molyy, Jun 15, 2016
  5. Justin42 Win User
    Computer is brand new. Protected by McAfee. Which shows no viruses.

Justin42, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Icons

1. Icons - Similar Threads - Icons

2. Location Services arrow bouncing the centred task bar icons to the left.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location Services arrow bouncing the centred task bar icons to the left.: When the Location Services arrow appears briefly in the system icons area, all the centre-justified application icons in the taskbar shift to the left. Is there a way to stop this arrow from appearing apart from turning off all location services? Or can it be fixed? I have...
  3. Location Services arrow bouncing the centred task bar icons to the left.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Location Services arrow bouncing the centred task bar icons to the left.: When the Location Services arrow appears briefly in the system icons area, all the centre-justified application icons in the taskbar shift to the left. Is there a way to stop this arrow from appearing apart from turning off all location services? Or can it be fixed? I have...
  4. I only see the thunderbolt overlay on the system tray battery status icon.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I only see the thunderbolt overlay on the system tray battery status icon.: Something caught my attention this week. That being, after my Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 3 15IRU8 fully charges to 100%. The thunderbolt overlay remains instead of transitioning to a plug overlay. All in all, the battery is functioning properly. My laptop is running 23H2 with the...
  5. I only see the thunderbolt overlay on the system tray battery status icon.

I only see the thunderbolt overlay on the system tray battery status icon.: Something caught my attention this week. That being, after my Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 3 15IRU8 fully charges to 100%. The thunderbolt overlay remains instead of transitioning to a plug overlay. All in all, the battery is functioning properly. My laptop is running 23H2 with the...
  6. icon spacing of desktop icons after the text resizing bug.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    icon spacing of desktop icons after the text resizing bug.: There is a horrible bug in the system win 11 after using multiple times enlarging or decreasing textsize . After some tries to have the right text size, I have enormous spacing between the desktop icons. It is impossible to get the original setup of icons again. The...
  7. icon spacing of desktop icons after the text resizing bug.

icon spacing of desktop icons after the text resizing bug.: There is a horrible bug in the system win 11 after using multiple times enlarging or decreasing textsize . After some tries to have the right text size, I have enormous spacing between the desktop icons. It is impossible to get the original setup of icons again. The...
  8. Can the Windows icon be centered on the taskbar in Windows 10 like in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can the Windows icon be centered on the taskbar in Windows 10 like in Windows 11?: I recently installed Windows 11 on my low-end PC for better performance but found that Windows 10 provided a better gaming experience. So, I reverted to Windows 10. However, I'm missing some of the new features in Windows 11, especially the centered Windows icon in the...
  9. Can the Windows icon be centered on the taskbar in Windows 10 like in Windows 11?

Can the Windows icon be centered on the taskbar in Windows 10 like in Windows 11?: I recently installed Windows 11 on my low-end PC for better performance but found that Windows 10 provided a better gaming experience. So, I reverted to Windows 10. However, I'm missing some of the new features in Windows 11, especially the centered Windows icon in the...
  10. Can the Windows icon be centered on the taskbar in Windows 10 like in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Customization