Windows 10: Icons

Discus and support Icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just bought a new computer (Dell PC) with Windows 10. I find that when the computer is idle for some time, the icons disappear and the screen becomes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Justin42, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Justin42 Win User

Icons

I just bought a new computer (Dell PC) with Windows 10. I find that when the computer is idle for some time, the icons disappear and the screen becomes inoperable. The only solution I've found so far is reboot. That can't be right! Am I doing something wrong or is this something that can be fixed?

And now I find rebooting doesn't work. After the reboot I just get the wallpaper without icons and inability to use the screen.

:)

Justin42, Jun 14, 2016

2. 5800: program icon gone (not moved..)

since i accidentally deleted files in the private folder, i can no longer open programmes installed on the memory card: their icons are gone (not moved, but disappeared)!

How can i open program without icon? Program IS installed, PCsuite detects it.

How can i get back the icons?

icons---01, Jun 14, 2016
  3. program icons gone

i accidentally deleted my "private" folder on my 5800. Now the icons for google maps and alternate reader are gone. PCSuite shows them as installed and i can see the program files while connected to the pc. The symbols are not just moved, i checked. I
    also restarted the phone and used the *#7370# trick. Pls help, i need these programs...

icons---01, Jun 14, 2016
  4. Molyy Win User

Icons

Maybe your system is entirely affected by virus and you need a good antivirus to clean that up.

Molyy, Jun 15, 2016
  5. Justin42 Win User
    Computer is brand new. Protected by McAfee. Which shows no viruses.

Justin42, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Icons

1. Icons - Similar Threads - Icons

2. My taskbar icons keep disappearing in the new insider build. Can anyone explain why?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My taskbar icons keep disappearing in the new insider build. Can anyone explain why?: [IMG] submitted by /u/djc4tdjc4t [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fv3e6n/my_taskbar_icons_keep_disappearing_in_the_new/
  3. Icons missing, windows tab unresponsive and task manager not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Icons missing, windows tab unresponsive and task manager not working: After restarting my laptop all icons have disappeared and i’m unable to select the windows tab or start task manager. How can this be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-missing-windows-tab-unresponsive-and-task/81dac955-a4a0-4422-b57b-ad051f5ec429
  4. Start Menu Tiles and their Icons - How to fill entire tile with Icon?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Tiles and their Icons - How to fill entire tile with Icon?: I have 3 shortcuts to websites... specifically links to Zoom conferences. I have pinned these shortcuts to the start menu as small tiles. I made 3 icons, one for each, in Illustrator, saved as PNG, then ran them through Gimp to save as Icons. Gimp has changed a LOT since I...
  5. Desktop deleted files are indeed deleted but theirs icons are still showing on the screen

Desktop deleted files are indeed deleted but theirs icons are still showing on the screen: My gf has a really bizarre bug on her windows 10. Basically when she deletes a file/folder in her desktop, the icon of the file remains appearing but not selectable like an image on top of the screen, we checked that the files indeed go to the recycle bin....
  6. Windows 10 icons do not update in search

Windows 10 icons do not update in search: Hello everyone, I did a fresh installation of Windows 10 with all updates and the standard windows apps were updated as well with fresh icons. However if you try to search these apps, they show up with old ones. I tried to recreate IconCache.db, sfc /scannow and DISM...
  7. Task bar and desktop icons will not stay in place

Task bar and desktop icons will not stay in place: Task bar and desktop icons will not stay when replaced win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-and-desktop-icons-will-not-stay-in-place/2e01feaa-3500-451e-b39b-39c89a9b8965
  8. Missing icons in Windows 10

Missing icons in Windows 10: Recently, some icons in UWP apps were gone e.g. Settings, Screen snip and etc. There are rectangles instead of them. [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] How I can fix this?...
  9. Windows Explorer no longer uses large icons, no longer detects photos, and no longer allows...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer no longer uses large icons, no longer detects photos, and no longer allows...: I'm running Windows 10 v1909 OS Build 18363.720. Historically for years, in Windows Explorer, when I browse to a folder containing all photos e.g. *.jpg files, it shows the files using "Large Icons". But now all of a sudden when I browse to a folder with all photos, Windows...
  10. Desktop Icon Resized Itself

Desktop Icon Resized Itself: How does the recycle bin icon suddenly resize itself on the desktop? It did on my Windows tablet. How do I get it back to normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-resized-itself/ab239c5e-11b9-40a7-af8a-08935f755e64