Windows 10: icons

Discus and support icons in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; ok so i am changing my icons for my computer, but it only lets me select certain files even though I have downloaded images that should work? Do you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thecolorseafoamgreen, Nov 22, 2020.

1. icons

ok so i am changing my icons for my computer, but it only lets me select certain files even though I have downloaded images that should work? Do you know how to bypass this?

submitted by /u/thecolorseafoamgreen
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/thecolorseafoamgreen, Nov 22, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

icons

GPU-Z Program Icon Submission

Suggestion to have an option to change Notification Area icon this way too.
    Suggestion to finally have proper separate Options window like most (all?) Windows programs do.

Thema:

icons

1. icons - Similar Threads - icons

2. Colorless Icons in start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Colorless Icons in start menu: [ATTACH] Like in this screenshot, icons in the app listin start menu aren't in their original color, they are in black only. The problem is with the applications which were pre-installed. Newly installed applications' icon have their color. Like icons of Calculator, Films...
  3. taskbar OneDrive icon

taskbar OneDrive icon: Why is it grey and not in color? My OneDrive is functioning well. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-onedrive-icon/368aa51f-eca8-4e7b-b409-7479007d4210
  4. Windows 10 Some of the photo files stored in a folder show the Mountains and Moon icon

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Some of the photo files stored in a folder show the Mountains and Moon icon: Some of the photo files stored in a folder show the Mountains and Moon icon others show the photograph. How can I restore so all photos show as thumbnails? All folders showed as thumbnails until recently.Thanks for helping. until just recently....
  5. Is it possible to change volume by scrolling on volume icon?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to change volume by scrolling on volume icon?: Hello, recently, I installed Windows 10 on my laptop (after 1 year on Linux). So i tried to scroll on volume icon, but nothing changes. In Linux, when scrolling on volume icon, you change volume by 5 percents/step submitted by /u/mojiberus [link] [comments]...
  6. Invisible Taskbar Icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Invisible Taskbar Icons: Hello, I have an issue where whenever I open any program, there is no icon for it on the Taskbar. It is invisible, but you can still click it. Just an annoying inconvenience that I've searched high and low on how to fix and tried many solutions with no dice. I have tried...
  7. One Drive Icon missing from task bar. Will not sync.

One Drive Icon missing from task bar. Will not sync.: One Drive Icon missing from task bar. Will not sync. Tried to uninstall but was unable to do so. Also tried to reinstall. Received error Message "system thread exception". Checked to make sure windows updates were updated. Need assistance to correct this issue. This...
  8. Can't see Taskbar Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't see Taskbar Icons: I woke up this morning to find I can't see half the Icons on my apps. What is happening?! I'm a scholar so I really need to switch apps often but turns out. I can't even see the apps!...
  9. Start Menu Tile Blank After Changing Icon

Start Menu Tile Blank After Changing Icon: I have an Access shortcut to my database which I store in the Users....Star Menu/Startup. The tile in the start menu is blank when I unpin it and then repin it with the new icon. I even changed it back to the default icon and it didn't help. Now I must re-create the...
  10. my computer icon is missing? need to access a CD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my computer icon is missing? need to access a CD: How do I find MY COMPUTER icon? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-icon-is-missing-need-to-access-a-cd/2c61bc80-8e9a-4721-b3a3-ed202b637098