Windows 10: ICS Sharing on Win-10

Discus and support ICS Sharing on Win-10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; on Windows 10 i am currently sharring my main internet to other ics but everytime i restart the pc shared ics loose the internet have to do re share it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SachinPatel3, Sep 18, 2020.

1. ICS Sharing on Win-10

on Windows 10 i am currently sharring my main internet to other ics but everytime i restart the pc shared ics loose the internet have to do re share it any solution for this?

:)

SachinPatel3, Sep 18, 2020
  2. I3V
    i3v Win User

ICS (Internet connection sharing) dosent work in Windows 10 1607

For me, ICS recently broke on 1703 a while ago.

Down to «Error 1753: There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper. ».

I've migrated to 1709 - and for a couple of days it worked normally. Now, it's broken again.

There's a chance that some common update package causes this on all versions. But I've not tried to find it yet.

Related feedback on feedback hub (for insiders):

Non of them looks 100% perfect for me, so I've created one more:

Please consider upvoting, adding screenshot, your reproductions and etc if you want this fixed.

Personally, I was able to fix this by resetting firewall rules, as suggested in

Problems with Internet Connection Sharing after 2017-11 Windows 10 Update [Temporary fix found]

Simply do "Start -> type 'firewall' -> restore default policy" (consider creating a backup with "export Policy" before erasing it).

I'm not sure, maybe the issue would be back in a couple of days....

3. James D Win User
    ICS From WiFi to LAN on Win 10 pc

I'm trying to set up a small temporary 6 computer network using all Windows 10 Pro PCs running version 1803.

I am trying to share one computers WiFi connection to the other PCs over LAN using an 8 port smart switch.

I searched extensively and not found an answer, some say it's not supported anymore, some say it is but it's configuration etc.

I've tried bridging the WiFi and LAN adapters, enabling sharing on the WiFi card and enabling all the services. On this part I noticed that the services are listed with numbers 1700 - 17xx instead of the names as on win 7.

I've also gone to services.msc to check for the ICS service but it's not listed and I haven't found a way to install it.

I can config the PCs to use static IPs etc but I still haven't managed to get it to work!

Any suggestions that don't involve more hardware would be appreciated!

James D, Sep 18, 2020
  4. SamiEL Win User

ICS Sharing on Win-10

Windows 10 ICS Issues.

Hey all,

I am currently using a USB Data Modem on my laptop. I'm trying to share my USB Modem's connection with my router using an Ethernet cord and the windows 10 ICS tool. This worked flawlessly on windows 7, but for some reason is not working on windows 10.

My Set Up.
    *3G USB Modem
    *Acer 5750G Laptop
    *CAT5 Ethernet Cord.
    *DWL-3200AP Router.

Steps I took.
    *Connected the Ethernet cord to my Laptops LAN connection.
    *Connected the Second End of the Ethernet Cable to Router's WAN Connection.
    *USB Modem Connected.
    *Shared Connection on Modem with Ethernet with ICS.

SamiEL, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

ICS Sharing on Win-10

1. ICS Sharing on Win-10 - Similar Threads - ICS Sharing

2. Internet Connection Sharing ICS stop after reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Connection Sharing ICS stop after reboot: Hi,Some weeks ago I created a VPN at my home with OpenVPN 2.6.4. I installed server version on my home workstation Windows 10 Pro 22H2 version that I can access from my Android phone and other PCs out of my home. It worked well on these days on both client and server side,...
  3. Internet Connection Sharing ICS stop after reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Connection Sharing ICS stop after reboot: Hi,Some weeks ago I created a VPN at my home with OpenVPN 2.6.4. I installed server version on my home workstation Windows 10 Pro 22H2 version that I can access from my Android phone and other PCs out of my home. It worked well on these days on both client and server side,...
  4. Internet Connection Sharing ICS stop after reboot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet: Summary:We are experiencing intermittent issues with ICS Internet Connection Sharing and have a hard time figuring out the root cause. The setup is as follows: 1. The PC Host is connected to a RNDIS device Device via USB cable2. The RNDIS Device, when connected creates a...
  6. Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet

Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet: Summary:We are experiencing intermittent issues with ICS Internet Connection Sharing and have a hard time figuring out the root cause. The setup is as follows: 1. The PC Host is connected to a RNDIS device Device via USB cable2. The RNDIS Device, when connected creates a...
  7. Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. ICS causing issues on network even though no connection is shared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ICS causing issues on network even though no connection is shared: Hello all I have an odd issue. When rebooting my laptop at home all devices on the same switch will lose internet. It seems to be coming from the ICS service, the odd thing is I do not have any connection shared as far as I can see in network connections. I have the latest...
  9. ICS causing issues on network even though no connection is shared

ICS causing issues on network even though no connection is shared: Hello all I have an odd issue. When rebooting my laptop at home all devices on the same switch will lose internet. It seems to be coming from the ICS service, the odd thing is I do not have any connection shared as far as I can see in network connections. I have the latest...
  10. Trouble with WIFI Internet Connection Sharing ICS over ethernet adapter on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with WIFI Internet Connection Sharing ICS over ethernet adapter on windows 10: Desktop PC win10 with two network adapters WIFI card and Ethernet on motherboard is connected to the internet through WIFI adapter. TOPBOX is connected through Ethernet port DHCP is enabled on TOPBOX on that desktop. When I activate Internet Connection Sharing on WIFI adapter...