Windows 10: I'd like "Search Windows" to default to "All" docs, photos, etc.

Discus and support I'd like "Search Windows" to default to "All" docs, photos, etc. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I use "Search Windows" for "swimming pool" for example, I get nothing. So I click on the "More" arrow and choose "documents", and it works. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chuckiechan, Oct 11, 2016.

1. I'd like "Search Windows" to default to "All" docs, photos, etc.

When I use "Search Windows" for "swimming pool" for example, I get nothing. So I click on the "More" arrow and choose "documents", and it works.

Is there a way to set it so if I search for "pool" or "chemicals" I don't have to choose? I want to choose my default.

Thanks in advance...

:)

chuckiechan, Oct 11, 2016
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Oct 11, 2016
  3. pichs Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

What are third party tag editors?

pichs, Oct 11, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

I'd like "Search Windows" to default to "All" docs, photos, etc.

You'd be much better off - as has been said by many here many times- using a free 3rd party indexing search tool. So much faster- for all your disks and partitions. More options, more control, more focussed, more precise. And did I say faster?

E..g.
    Ultrasearch
    Everything by Void tools (at least v1.4beta)
    Locate32

Of these I prefer the 1st or the older 3rd.

dalchina, Oct 11, 2016
  5. I think I'm going to take your advice! Thanks much!

chuckiechan, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

I'd like "Search Windows" to default to "All" docs, photos, etc.

1. I'd like "Search Windows" to default to "All" docs, photos, etc. - Similar Threads - I'd Search default

2. Taskbar is automatically hiding, I'd like it have it not hiding at all

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar is automatically hiding, I'd like it have it not hiding at all: I own an up-to-date Windows 10 OS on a Dell Inspiron 14. I'd like to have my taskbar showing at all times since flashing app notifications recently stopped working as intended for some reason, up until recently it had unhid my taskbar whenever I got a notification to let me...
  3. I'd like to set up parallel as default. Is it possible?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I'd like to set up parallel as default. Is it possible?: I'd like to be able to open a folder and this new window doesn't overlap a existing open window. I'd like to set up parallel as default. Is it possible? Thank you!...
  4. I'd like to set up parallel as default. Is it possible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'd like to set up parallel as default. Is it possible?: I'd like to be able to open a folder and this new window doesn't overlap a existing open window. I'd like to set up parallel as default. Is it possible? Thank you!...
  5. I'd like to set up parallel as default. Is it possible?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. I'd like to move all my photos from Onedrive to a portable disk but as they are offline...

I'd like to move all my photos from Onedrive to a portable disk but as they are offline...: the thousands of photos. Do I have to select over 100,000 items one by one?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/id-like-to-move-all-my-photos-from-onedrive-to-a/71e91e59-faa0-46f8-a352-95c8e4e2b8b6
  7. I'd like to move all my photos from Onedrive to a portable disk but as they are offline...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'd like to move all my photos from Onedrive to a portable disk but as they are offline...: the thousands of photos. Do I have to select over 100,000 items one by one?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/id-like-to-move-all-my-photos-from-onedrive-to-a/71e91e59-faa0-46f8-a352-95c8e4e2b8b6
  8. I'd like to sort files in a folder so that all pictures are in a block, then all archives, etc.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'd like to sort files in a folder so that all pictures are in a block, then all archives, etc.: I'd like to sort files in a folder so that all pictures are in a block, then all archives, etc. I was hoping that sort by: kind would do this, but while the order was different from sort by : type it wasn't what I wanted. So what does sort by kind do, and can I get windows to...
  9. I'd like to know

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I'd like to know: Why Microsoft feels they have a right to lock my computer and not allow me access because I had to hard-power down a few times, after my system locked up? I paid for the computer, not Bill Gates. So unless Microsoft wants to reimburse me for the cost of my laptop $1800,...
  10. I'd like to disable onedrive

I'd like to disable onedrive: disable onedrive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/id-like-to-disable-onedrive/e896484e-cf8a-4449-9cc2-290b963cdd2b