Windows 10: I'd like to be able to use a username instead of being forced to use my Microsoft full name...

Discus and support I'd like to be able to use a username instead of being forced to use my Microsoft full name... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello I've had this problem for what feels like an eternity. I don't want my full name to be displayed on my Windows account, and I don't want to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by too_lazy_to_make_a_userna, Jan 23, 2020.

1. I'd like to be able to use a username instead of being forced to use my Microsoft full name...

Hello

I've had this problem for what feels like an eternity. I don't want my full name to be displayed on my Windows account, and I don't want to mess with "local accounts" and all that. I just want to be able to have "Work" or my first name as my Windows account name that's displayed on the lock screen and everywhere else. I've tried using a period, comma and even custom text, but it just doesn't look good at all. Thanks in advance.

:)

too_lazy_to_make_a_userna, Jan 23, 2020
  2. Lisa Ohio Win User

Windows 10 Pro login using Username instead of Microsoft Email

How? I thought that I did that but, when I try to log into the new Admin account it asks me for an email address instead of the username. I must have missed a step or something. could you please tell me how, step by step?

Many Thanks

Lisa Ohio, Jan 23, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 23, 2020
  4. I'd like to be able to use a username instead of being forced to use my Microsoft full name...

after changing user name Microsoft account still shows older username while downloading apps

Hello Shanti,

We would like to know more so we can help you with regard to the username of your Microsoft account. To provide the appropriate steps, can you tell us the model and OS of the device you are using? Are you getting any error messages when trying to download
    applications from the Store?

Since you mentioned that you made a change on your Microsoft account's username, we suggest that you try restarting the device to refresh and then check the username.

Regards.

Michael Rey, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

I'd like to be able to use a username instead of being forced to use my Microsoft full name...

1. I'd like to be able to use a username instead of being forced to use my Microsoft full name... - Similar Threads - I'd able username

2. Am I able to use the full version of Microsoft word on my Chromebook?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Am I able to use the full version of Microsoft word on my Chromebook?: I am currently doing a computer course so my partner got me a Chromebook to do my coursework on. At the course we use Microsoft word on there computers and I have no problems but when I use Microsoft word on my Chromebook it's very basic. At the course I can do all sorts of...
  3. Am I able to use the full version of Microsoft word on my Chromebook?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Am I able to use the full version of Microsoft word on my Chromebook?: I am currently doing a computer course so my partner got me a Chromebook to do my coursework on. At the course we use Microsoft word on there computers and I have no problems but when I use Microsoft word on my Chromebook it's very basic. At the course I can do all sorts of...
  4. Am I able to use the full version of Microsoft word on my Chromebook?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Not able to use full Ram

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Not able to use full Ram: Hey guys I am facing a problem that i am only able to use 6 gb of ram out of 8 gb and i cant figure out how to solve this issue i tried resolving it in the bios but i cant i am using a hp ec 15...
  6. Hotkeys being used instead of regular letters

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hotkeys being used instead of regular letters: Hi everyone, I've been having this problem quite often on my Windows 10, and it happens only when I am using Anydesk to control another computer. If I use a shortcut such as Win + Down, the Anydesk computer and my own start to only respond to hotkeys and I don't know what to...
  7. not being able to use my second ssd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    not being able to use my second ssd: Ok, so I got a new SSD(samsung) for christmas and my first SSD(PNY) ran out so I figured the stuff would just start saving on the new one (btw my pc does recognize the new SSD). But it keeps saying theres no drive space. Then it says change where new things are saved in...
  8. %Username% Use

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    %Username% Use: Hi, Is there a way to get %username% to work in a file path when you are in an elevated mode? E.g. I want to create a delete script that wipes a folder specific to a user... For example: On JohnDoes's machine he runs Delete C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Temp *.*...
  9. Google SafeSearch - I'm being forced to use it!

in Browsers and Email
    Google SafeSearch - I'm being forced to use it!: It seems like every time I reinstall Win10 there's some fresh hell to contend with at the end of the process. This time it's Google via Firefox. Although I change the settings and a popup tells me those changes have been saved, they haven't been - I still end up with...
  10. I'd like to generate a list with *only* file names

in Windows 10 Support
    I'd like to generate a list with *only* file names: - Winkey, “cmd” - “cd e:\media\trainingvids” - “dir *.* /s /b /a -d > c:\temp\dork.txt” So, with that I'm opening a command prompt, changing to the correct directory, doing a directory listing of all files (including sub-directories (/s), no headers or footers so 'bare'...