Windows 10: I'd like to keep an application in a specific window - how do I do that?

Discus and support I'd like to keep an application in a specific window - how do I do that? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When i open an application and move to a different desktop...if I click that application in the task bar it will appear in that desktop. My ideal state... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Htime, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Htime Win User

I'd like to keep an application in a specific window - how do I do that?

When i open an application and move to a different desktop...if I click that application in the task bar it will appear in that desktop. My ideal state is if I click it the app in the task bar, it takes me to that application in the original window I opened it in.

Thanks,

:)

Htime, Aug 8, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

How to always allow administrator permissions for a specific application

Hi Lyon,

Windows 10 gives users the ability to customize how they run applications. We suggest that you follow the steps below on how to grant administrator permission to a specific application:

• Click the Windows icon on your Windows 10 screen that will open the list of applications. Right click on the specific application that you wish to have an admin permission, click the
      More and click Open file location.
    • A new window will open to the location of the program. Right-click on the program and click
      Properties from the pop-up menu.
    • In the Properties window, click the Shortcut tab and then click
      Advanced.
    • In the Advanced Properties window, check the box next to
      Run as administrator
      and click OK.
    • The program will now open in administrator mode when you click the shortcut from the Start menu. Repeat the steps above for other desired applications.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Aug 8, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade: text input issue in specific applications

Hello Andras,

You may not be able to use the keyboard on certain applications due to a missing language bar. To resolve such issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below about how to bring the missing Windows file back:

• Press the Windows logo key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type C:\Windows\system32\ctfmon.exe in the Run
      box.
    • Click Enter.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Angela Pun, Aug 8, 2018
  4. I'd like to keep an application in a specific window - how do I do that?

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

I'd like to keep an application in a specific window - how do I do that?

1. I'd like to keep an application in a specific window - how do I do that? - Similar Threads - I'd keep application

2. How do I like a Microsoft account with a specific user profile on Windows 10?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I like a Microsoft account with a specific user profile on Windows 10?: I have renamed my old user profile, but it made a duplicate. When I sign into my computer, it defaults to the old one. How to I merge the 2 user profiles and have it default to the renamed version?...
  3. How do I like a Microsoft account with a specific user profile on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I like a Microsoft account with a specific user profile on Windows 10?: I have renamed my old user profile, but it made a duplicate. When I sign into my computer, it defaults to the old one. How to I merge the 2 user profiles and have it default to the renamed version?...
  4. How do I like a Microsoft account with a specific user profile on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I set an application to open to a specific virtual desktop by default?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I set an application to open to a specific virtual desktop by default?: I am trying to use virtual desktops. I want a desktop for active meetings that is my default location to open Teams, Zoom, Mural, Camera Controls, Sound Controls, Calendar Items in Outlook, & Word. I want a desktop for Office WIP that is the default location to open Excel,...
  6. How do I set an application to open to a specific virtual desktop by default?

How do I set an application to open to a specific virtual desktop by default?: I am trying to use virtual desktops. I want a desktop for active meetings that is my default location to open Teams, Zoom, Mural, Camera Controls, Sound Controls, Calendar Items in Outlook, & Word. I want a desktop for Office WIP that is the default location to open Excel,...
  7. How Do I Install an Application?

How Do I Install an Application?: Hello,A while back, i needed this app, which i downloaded from the internet on two devices. However, had to factory reset one of the devices. So, i copied app files from one device to another. When i tried to install the application, it didnt open. So now i have all these...
  8. How do i install Applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i install Applications: Hello! Riddhi Siddhi Impex Metal is where I work.I am not able to install Photoshop application on my windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-install-applications/4ecbd9e1-fcb6-4aae-84c7-b83144b035cb
  9. How do I change the text color in Windows 10. Currently it is puke blue; I'd like to get...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the text color in Windows 10. Currently it is puke blue; I'd like to get...: How do I change the text color in Windows 10. Currently it is puke blue; I'd like to get back to BLACK text https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-text-color-in-windows-10/6b588a2d-f8c3-42af-983f-3908d0d54df5
  10. I'd like to know

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I'd like to know: Why Microsoft feels they have a right to lock my computer and not allow me access because I had to hard-power down a few times, after my system locked up? I paid for the computer, not Bill Gates. So unless Microsoft wants to reimburse me for the cost of my laptop $1800,...