Windows 10: I'd like to know how to change my display adapter

Discus and support I'd like to know how to change my display adapter in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently got a new monitor, and it's my first time setting up a seconds monitor. It's all good but, I'd like to change the display adapter. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MichaelKarpenkov, Aug 15, 2022.

1. I'd like to know how to change my display adapter

I recently got a new monitor, and it's my first time setting up a seconds monitor. It's all good but, I'd like to change the display adapter. I have the Intel R UHD Graphics 770 and NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 3GB. My primary monitor is set to the Intel UHD Graphics 770 but I'd like to change it to the NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060.

:)

MichaelKarpenkov, Aug 15, 2022

2. Win10 doesn't know my (compatible) display adapter

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below:

Method 1: Run the hardware and devices

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.

• On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”

• Click on Hardware and Devices. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall display adapter.

Follow the steps to update the display adapter:

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand Display Adapter.

• Double-click on the Display Adapter.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall the Display adapter from the Manufacturer's Website and see if it helps.
    Restart the computer and check.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related issues.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Aug 15, 2022
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Display problems with the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter

Hi,

It is possible that you are experiencing an audio and video streaming issues due to a corrupted or an outdated display driver. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Could you tell us the exact error message you received?
    • Have you tried updating your display drivers?
    • Does this happen only when you're streaming a video?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot Wireless Display Adapters. You may expand each section that best describes your situation and check if the issue still persists.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 15, 2022
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

I'd like to know how to change my display adapter

Wireles Display Adapter Lags on PC but not Android

Hello
    freact,

Did you notice any changes on your PC prior to the issue? I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in this support article:
    Troubleshooting Wireless Display Adapters.

Also, you can try to reset the Wireless Display Adapter. Please follow the steps below:

1. On the adapter, press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds.
    2. When the message " Ready to connect "shows, open the
      Action Center.
    3. Select Connect, and in the list of displays, select
      Microsoft
      Wireless Display Adapter.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Carlo Fer, Aug 15, 2022
Thema:

I'd like to know how to change my display adapter

1. I'd like to know how to change my display adapter - Similar Threads - I'd change display

2. How to change default display adapter on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change default display adapter on my laptop.: Hello , I am facing an issue in changing default display adapter for my laptop screen. I want to change my default display adapter to my dedicated graphicsnvidia gtx card from my integrated graphics cardamd radeon. I have tried one method in which first I disabled the...
  3. I'd like to know how I can verify my Windows 10 product key.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I'd like to know how I can verify my Windows 10 product key.: Hi, I'm a Windows 10 Home Single Language user before and I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 Pro. I purchased my operating system from an unknown online store with a physical CD and an unscratched product key. Now, I want to make sure I'm using a genuine operating system...
  4. I'd like to know how I can verify my Windows 10 product key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'd like to know how I can verify my Windows 10 product key.: Hi, I'm a Windows 10 Home Single Language user before and I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 Pro. I purchased my operating system from an unknown online store with a physical CD and an unscratched product key. Now, I want to make sure I'm using a genuine operating system...
  5. I'd like to know how I can verify my Windows 10 product key.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. I'd like to know how to change my display adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'd like to know how to change my display adapter: I recently got a new monitor, and it's my first time setting up a seconds monitor. It's all good but, I'd like to change the display adapter. I have the Intel R UHD Graphics 770 and NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 3GB. My primary monitor is set to the Intel UHD Graphics 770 but I'd...
  7. I'd like to know how to change my display adapter

in Windows 10 Customization
    I'd like to know how to change my display adapter: I recently got a new monitor, and it's my first time setting up a seconds monitor. It's all good but, I'd like to change the display adapter. I have the Intel R UHD Graphics 770 and NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 3GB. My primary monitor is set to the Intel UHD Graphics 770 but I'd...
  8. I'd like to know

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I'd like to know: Why Microsoft feels they have a right to lock my computer and not allow me access because I had to hard-power down a few times, after my system locked up? I paid for the computer, not Bill Gates. So unless Microsoft wants to reimburse me for the cost of my laptop $1800,...
  9. I'd like to know how to block arp spoofing with Windows 10 firewall.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I'd like to know how to block arp spoofing with Windows 10 firewall.: I'd like to know how to block arp spoofing with Windows 10 firewall. I don't use any other apps. The network configuration is LAN. The attacker is kali linux. Is there any way? thank you reply Plz...
  10. I'd like to know how to stop an audio in PowerPoint on a certain slide and not after a...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I'd like to know how to stop an audio in PowerPoint on a certain slide and not after a...: My audio needs to play across slides but then when it reaches a certain slide it needs to stop playing. The effect option of "stop playing after ___ slides" does not help because the number of slides varies because I'm using hyperlink. I'm making a sort of quiz-like...