Windows 10: I'd like to know

Discus and support I'd like to know in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Why Microsoft feels they have a right to lock my computer and not allow me access because I had to hard-power down a few times, after my system locked... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by proletkult, Aug 3, 2020.

1. I'd like to know

Why Microsoft feels they have a right to lock my computer and not allow me access because I had to hard-power down a few times, after my system locked up? I paid for the computer, not Bill Gates. So unless Microsoft wants to reimburse me for the cost of my laptop $1800, then I would ask that you cease and desist from having any power to keep me from using my property.

I also think that I should not be FORCED to start a microsoft account that I have no need or use for, just to use my own computer. I pay for the license for Windows, not microsoft. So unless you are going to start giving your os away for free, you need to start respecting the rights of users. I have no interest in microsoft and I do not trust microsoft with my personal information. I should NOT have to have a microsoft account just to use my computer.

:)

proletkult, Aug 3, 2020

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 3, 2020
  4. swat354 Win User

I'd like to know

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

I'd like to know

1. I'd like to know - Similar Threads - I'd

2. How do I get my photo editor back? The last update "replaced" the photo editor that I'd...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my photo editor back? The last update "replaced" the photo editor that I'd...: How do I get my photo editor back? The last update "replaced" the photo editor that I'd been using with a bag of junk that is unusable. I'm dead in the water....
  3. How do I get my photo editor back? The last update "replaced" the photo editor that I'd...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get my photo editor back? The last update "replaced" the photo editor that I'd...: How do I get my photo editor back? The last update "replaced" the photo editor that I'd been using with a bag of junk that is unusable. I'm dead in the water....
  4. I have a problem on all sides with factory resetting my PC, and I'd like some help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a problem on all sides with factory resetting my PC, and I'd like some help.: So I initially was having start up issues where it couldn't find the Operating Systems. So When I finally restarted the PC enough and got in I went to reset it as too clear all and reinstall Windows hoping that would fix the problem. I was then met with "Could not find...
  5. I have a problem on all sides with factory resetting my PC, and I'd like some help.

I have a problem on all sides with factory resetting my PC, and I'd like some help.: So I initially was having start up issues where it couldn't find the Operating Systems. So When I finally restarted the PC enough and got in I went to reset it as too clear all and reinstall Windows hoping that would fix the problem. I was then met with "Could not find...
  6. I'd like someone to analyze these .dmp files, and provide some deeper insight, if possible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'd like someone to analyze these .dmp files, and provide some deeper insight, if possible: So, I recently upgraded my system with an RTX 3060. For a little while, things were great, everything ran beautifully. However, for the last month or so, every time I play something graphics heavy, such as Escape from Tarkov, Isonzo, and what have you- I sometimes get a WHEA...
  7. I'd like someone to analyze these .dmp files, and provide some deeper insight, if possible

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I'd like someone to analyze these .dmp files, and provide some deeper insight, if possible: So, I recently upgraded my system with an RTX 3060. For a little while, things were great, everything ran beautifully. However, for the last month or so, every time I play something graphics heavy, such as Escape from Tarkov, Isonzo, and what have you- I sometimes get a WHEA...
  8. I'd like someone to analyze these .dmp files, and provide some deeper insight, if possible

9. I'd like to fix this error, it's making an app not work. It crashes during start up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'd like to fix this error, it's making an app not work. It crashes during start up.: It's for PlaystationPlus Windows App. The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54} and APPID {15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402} to the user...
  10. I'd like to fix this error, it's making an app not work. It crashes during start up.

I'd like to fix this error, it's making an app not work. It crashes during start up.: It's for PlaystationPlus Windows App. The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54} and APPID {15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402} to the user...