Windows 10: I'd like to program a HotKey Command that types date and time.

Discus and support I'd like to program a HotKey Command that types date and time. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there a native way to program a hot key to type out the day and time? I have to write "_2020-09-09_1402" the entire day. I had a program that I used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheCrankyBear, Sep 9, 2020.

1. I'd like to program a HotKey Command that types date and time.

Is there a native way to program a hot key to type out the day and time? I have to write "_2020-09-09_1402" the entire day. I had a program that I used to create a hot key command that did this. But now my company has stripped admin rights and non-standard apps from almost everyone in the company, so I've lost the app, and the functionality.

Is there a way, native to windows 10, that I can program this using a native app?

submitted by /u/TheCrankyBear
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheCrankyBear, Sep 9, 2020

2. Date and Time

Hi Roman,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to change the Date and Time format from Control Panel and check. Also select the time zone as UTC-5.00 Eastern Time.

After changing the setting, I suggest you to set “Windows Time” service as automatic. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Right click on Windows Time service.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to Automatic.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.
    Restart your computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 9, 2020
  3. Date and Time Year is 3015 and can't change to 2015.

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to set “Windows Time” service as manual. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Right click on Windows Time service.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to manual.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.

Restart your computer and try to change the date and time and check.

To change the date and time, follow the steps provided below.

• Go to Date and time settings.
    • First, turn of the set time automatic.
    • Then Click on Change button, under Change date and time.
    • Now set the date and time, and then restart the computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 9, 2020
  4. VER
    Ver Win User

I'd like to program a HotKey Command that types date and time.

Command Prompt to Repair Disk

No drive was recognized. I assumed to leave it on D: and this is what it says:

D:\>bcdedit /enum
    The boot configuration data store could not be opened.
    The requested system device cannot be found.

D:\>bcdedit |find"osdevice"
    'find"osdevice"' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

- - - Updated - - -

So I went ahead and proceeded with zbook's steps. I've pasted the steps I'm now stuck at. I don't have any volumes that display RAW as per step #21, so I don't have a drive letter to enter for step #24.

21) type: list volume
    (look in the column Fs for any volume that displays RAW instead of NTFS)
    22) type: list partition
    23) type: exit
    24) type: chkdsk /f /r G: (change G to the drive letter of the volume displaying RAW)
    It may display "The first NTFS boot sector is unreadable or corrupt."
    This may then cont the RAW volume to NTFS.

Thema:

I'd like to program a HotKey Command that types date and time.

1. I'd like to program a HotKey Command that types date and time. - Similar Threads - I'd program HotKey

2. Monitor not working I'd like help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor not working I'd like help: I have two AMD Radeon GPUs but the second one wouldn't display anything on on my second monitor in the past, it also wouldn't show that it was being used on the AMD app but recently I found out I needed to activate it then it started displaying only on that second monitor and...
  3. Monitor not working I'd like help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor not working I'd like help: I have two AMD Radeon GPUs but the second one wouldn't display anything on on my second monitor in the past, it also wouldn't show that it was being used on the AMD app but recently I found out I needed to activate it then it started displaying only on that second monitor and...
  4. Monitor not working I'd like help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I'd like to request a refund for minecraft.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I'd like to request a refund for minecraft.: I purchased Minecraft Windows 10 starter collection about 10 days ago. My child didn't like it so I've been trying to get a refund since. Couldn't do it through my Microsoft account and have been trying to get hold of customer support but to no avail. Anyone knows how to...
  6. is there away to change a programs date and time

is there away to change a programs date and time: Hello, I have a program that is kind of old and it will not install or run innless I change the systems date and time. Is there a way to change just the programs date and time with out having to change the hole systems date and time every time I want to use it? Thanks :)...
  7. I'd like to know

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I'd like to know: Why Microsoft feels they have a right to lock my computer and not allow me access because I had to hard-power down a few times, after my system locked up? I paid for the computer, not Bill Gates. So unless Microsoft wants to reimburse me for the cost of my laptop $1800,...
  8. I'd like to disable onedrive

I'd like to disable onedrive: disable onedrive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/id-like-to-disable-onedrive/e896484e-cf8a-4449-9cc2-290b963cdd2b
  9. what program could if find commands like:

in Windows 10 Support
    what program could if find commands like:: In what program could if find commands like: size=getRectangle(cmdWindow) setRect ( control, left, top, width, height, repaint ) setRect ( cndWindow, l0, 10, 200, 200, 1) Don Cole 133153
  10. I'd like a clear understanding why.................

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I'd like a clear understanding why.................: Why the system will not accept a NTFS formatted 32GB USB drive for system image back up ? Why must I use an external hard drive ? I AM using a 1TB ext. hdd for backups. I just want to know why not USB flash drive. 42122