Windows 10: I'd like to remove the blue text asking if I wish to send tasks to Microsoft in the task viewer

Discus and support I'd like to remove the blue text asking if I wish to send tasks to Microsoft in the task viewer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'd like to remove the blue text asking if I wish to send tasks to Microsoft in the task viewer. I'm very concerned about privacy and the collection of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by John Kimm, Jul 1, 2020.

1. John Kimm Win User

I'd like to remove the blue text asking if I wish to send tasks to Microsoft in the task viewer

I'd like to remove the blue text asking if I wish to send tasks to Microsoft in the task viewer. I'm very concerned about privacy and the collection of data from my PC. I want to have privacy on my personal computer. I've always loved windows and been loyal to it but the data collection is such that I might have to give it up and switch to a Linux distro. Without telling me to read the privacy form can you tell me briefly if my data is attached to my name anywhere and how it's used? also how do i remove that question i mentioned in the subject line.

:)

John Kimm, Jul 1, 2020
  2. BettyEAM Win User

task viewer icon(virtual desktop)

I have the same problem. The task viewer icon was there but is now gone. I have gone through the steps you listed but no viewer. Then I created a new profile and the task viewer is there. Now, how do I get the task viewer back in my taskbar in my
    original profile??

BettyEAM, Jul 1, 2020
  3. task viewer icon(virtual desktop)

Hi Terry,

Are you facing any other issues with the start menu or the action center?

I would suggest you to try these steps and check if that fixes the issue:

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:
    • Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow
    If the above steps didn't help, then try creating a new user profile and check if the same behavior is noticed. This will help us determine if this issue is confined to your user profile. Try these steps and let us know the results.

Bennet Martin, Jul 1, 2020
  4. I'd like to remove the blue text asking if I wish to send tasks to Microsoft in the task viewer

Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to clear the task from Task Scheduler using the below steps and check if the issue still persists.

Steps:-

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Click on Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select the particular task and right click on it.
    • Select End.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

I'd like to remove the blue text asking if I wish to send tasks to Microsoft in the task viewer

1. I'd like to remove the blue text asking if I wish to send tasks to Microsoft in the task viewer - Similar Threads - I'd remove blue

2. Task scheduler asks for password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task scheduler asks for password: Hi there!When I create a task and select the option 'Run whether user is logged on or not' it asks for an admin user and password, which I don't know.I am the only user for my computer....
  3. I'd like to remove 2 extra accounts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'd like to remove 2 extra accounts.: Using Windows 11 - I'd like to remove 2 extra accounts. They are 1. Work, no longer connected to the organisation & 2. An outlook email that I've never used. I've followed the suggested instructions without luck. I go to Home > Settings > Accounts. The only account that has...
  4. I'd like to remove 2 extra accounts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'd like to remove 2 extra accounts.: Using Windows 11 - I'd like to remove 2 extra accounts. They are 1. Work, no longer connected to the organisation & 2. An outlook email that I've never used. I've followed the suggested instructions without luck. I go to Home > Settings > Accounts. The only account that has...
  5. Task Scheduler Asking for a Password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Scheduler Asking for a Password: I'm just putting this here as a new question because I couldn't find a way to respond to the previous questions involving this same issue task scheduler asking for a password; for me, they all seemed to be locked from additional responses. To clarify, this isn't a question,...
  6. Hello, I'd like to know what is the DSR host and DAX API that are appearing on the task...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hello, I'd like to know what is the DSR host and DAX API that are appearing on the task...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BigBoiMina [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jk6ydd/hello_id_like_to_know_what_is_the_dsr_host_and/
  7. chinese text in task manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    chinese text in task manager: [IMG] submitted by /u/micimaco [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/epkggx/chinese_text_in_task_manager/
  8. Task Viewer issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Task Viewer issues: In the past two weeks, task viewer has stopped working properly. It opens and displays previous documents as it should, but when you click on an item, the "Open with" dialog window comes up. Take an excel file for example, I select Microsoft Excel, a new Excel window opens,...
  9. Text on Task Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text on Task Bar: My computer crashed a while back and I had it repaired online. After they completed the repair, they added their phone number to my task bar in case I needed them again. I want to delete the number but can't seem to be able to. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks....
  10. Is there a 'Wish List' to send to Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a 'Wish List' to send to Microsoft?: Apart from sending feedback I wish there was a 'Wish List' if not has the Forum considered creating one. My 'Wish List' would be as follows. The ability to Scroll before you 'Snip' So that you can Scroll and Capture a greater area than you can see on the Screen....