Windows 10: I'd like to transfer my Windows 10 pro license to a different PC

Discus and support I'd like to transfer my Windows 10 pro license to a different PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I accidentally upgraded the wrong computer with the Windows 10 Pro license. How can I transfer this to a different computer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AJCaberto, Jun 30, 2019.

1. AJCaberto Win User

I'd like to transfer my Windows 10 pro license to a different PC

I accidentally upgraded the wrong computer with the Windows 10 Pro license. How can I transfer this to a different computer?

:)

AJCaberto, Jun 30, 2019

2. How do I transfer a Windows 10 Pro license from one computer to another?

The preinstalled Windows 10 Pro license on the Surface Pro 3 is not transferable. It is an OEM license.

Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, Jun 30, 2019
  3. Andre Da Costa, Jun 30, 2019
  4. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

1. I'd like to transfer my Windows 10 pro license to a different PC - Similar Threads - I'd transfer pro

2. Transferring My Windows 10 Pro License

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring My Windows 10 Pro License: Hello,How may I deactivate my Windows 10 Pro license on this old PC, and transfer it over to my new PC build? I want to run Windows 11 on the new build with a legit license. On this old PC, it says Windows 10 Pro is activated with a digital license linked to my Microsoft...
  3. Transferring My Windows 10 Pro License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring My Windows 10 Pro License: Hello,How may I deactivate my Windows 10 Pro license on this old PC, and transfer it over to my new PC build? I want to run Windows 11 on the new build with a legit license. On this old PC, it says Windows 10 Pro is activated with a digital license linked to my Microsoft...
  4. Transferring My Windows 10 Pro License

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Will my Windows 10 Pro license transfer to a new pc?

Will my Windows 10 Pro license transfer to a new pc?: Hello.I'm planning on buying a new laptop in a few days and leaving this old one to my brother. I'm logged with an outlook account and have Windows 10 Pro. My question is: The new device comes with Windows 10 home installed, so when I get the new device and log in with my...
  6. Transferring my Windows 10 Pro license

Transferring my Windows 10 Pro license: Years ago, I purchased a laptop with Windows 10 Home. I upgraded to the Pro edition using the Activation settings Settings > Update & Security > Activation I did not have a license/product key before upgrading. I was sent to the store, paid for the license and then the...
  7. Transfer Windows 10 Pro Digital License to a different account

Transfer Windows 10 Pro Digital License to a different account: Hello, I have bought a laptop sometime last year and also purchased a Windows 10 Pro digital license from Microsoft Store after a few days of using the laptop since it came with it a Windows 10 Home Single License. I am now about to sell this laptop and I want to include...
  8. Transferring Windows 10 License to a different computer

Transferring Windows 10 License to a different computer: Hello, I have recently built myself a desktop PC, after spending the last 10-11 years using only laptops. While my last laptop came with Windows Home pre-installed and activated I installed Windows 10 Pro on it and bought a digital license for it in the Microsoft Store. It...
  9. Transfer windows 10 pro license to new Pc

Transfer windows 10 pro license to new Pc: I want to transfer the digital license for windows 10 from surface pro 3 (8.1 pro originally but upgraded to 10 pro) to a new pc (surface pro 6 with windows 10 home). That is , I want to upgrade my new surface pro 3 from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro. Can it be done?...
  10. Can I transfer my Windows 10 Pro license to a different computer?

Can I transfer my Windows 10 Pro license to a different computer?: It seems like this may have been answered numerous times, but I cannot determine the answer. I bought a laptop (L1) that came with Windows 10 Home installed. I purchased the Win 10 Pro upgrade ($99) from the Microsoft store. L1 was not powerful enough for my needs. I...