Windows 10: I'd like to try editing imageres.dll. Experience with that file?

Discus and support I'd like to try editing imageres.dll. Experience with that file? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'd like to substitute two icons of my choice for two of the icons in Imageres.dll. I think I know how to do it, and I think I have the software to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Wisewiz, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Wisewiz Win User

I'd like to try editing imageres.dll. Experience with that file?

I'd like to substitute two icons of my choice for two of the icons in Imageres.dll. I think I know how to do it, and I think I have the software to accomplish the task, but I've read too many horror stories about this sort of thing to be comfortable with carrying out the process, even with a full image backup, a restore point, and a copy of the original file in another folder. If you have any experience with editing either imageres.dll or shell32.dll, I'd really like to hear about it, and I'd really appreciate getting some advice (other than, of course, don't do it!). Dan Pro 21H1

:)

Wisewiz, Jul 28, 2021
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

.DLL file

Hi Jerry,

Specific programs use DLL files to function properly in a Windows environment. If the DLL file gets misplaced, deleted, or corrupted, the error "____.dll is missing" appears. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide
    the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Did you make any changes to your computer before this started happening, like installing or uninstalling a program?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you disable your Startup programs to isolate the cause of the error. To do this, follow these steps:

• Right-click the taskbar and select Task Manager.
    • Click More details.
    • Go to the Startup tab.
    • Right-click every listed program and choose Disable.
    • Restart your computer and check if the issue persists.
    • If the error disappears, enable one of the programs and restart your computer to check if the error reappears; this is to pinpoint exactly which program is causing the error. Do this for all Startup programs until you find the cause.
    • Once you've found the program that's causing the error, you can then try uninstalling and reinstalling it.

We'll wait for your response and the results of the troubleshooting.

----

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Yolvi Ell, Jul 28, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    .dll files in D drive

It looks like the Microsoft Windows Software Development Kit (SDK) is extracted to that location - you do not show in your Screen capture where these files are located.

However, from the files that accompany all the dll's (the downloads for your video drivers) It looks like the location you use for downloads

If these files are located in the root of your D Drive, they are safe to delete as they would have been copied to their correct location during the installation . . .

DaveM121, Jul 28, 2021
  4. I'd like to try editing imageres.dll. Experience with that file?

Dll file not fount

Hi Frost,

In order to properly assist you with your concern, I would like to know the following:

• What file or program were you trying to access or launch?
    • Did you get any error codes aside from the message that the DLL file could not be found?
    • What steps have you tried so far to resolve the problem?

Your response will be of great help for me to provide you with an appropriate solution or recommendation.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 28, 2021
Thema:

I'd like to try editing imageres.dll. Experience with that file?

1. I'd like to try editing imageres.dll. Experience with that file? - Similar Threads - I'd try editing

2. give me the **** windows 11 imageres dll and shell32 dll so i can get the icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    give me the **** windows 11 imageres dll and shell32 dll so i can get the icons: THERES LITERALLY NO DOWNLOADS ONLINE WHEN I SEARCHED AND I TRIED TO USE A VIRTUAL MACHINE TO INSTALL WIN11 JUST TO GET THE ICONS BUT THE VIRTUAL MACHINE WOULDNT LET ME INSTALL BUT I DONT CARE ABOUT THAT AND NO I DONT WANT TO DOWNLOAD AN ICON PACK AND I WOULD RATHER NOT TELL...
  3. give me the **** windows 11 imageres dll and shell32 dll so i can get the icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    give me the **** windows 11 imageres dll and shell32 dll so i can get the icons: THERES LITERALLY NO DOWNLOADS ONLINE WHEN I SEARCHED AND I TRIED TO USE A VIRTUAL MACHINE TO INSTALL WIN11 JUST TO GET THE ICONS BUT THE VIRTUAL MACHINE WOULDNT LET ME INSTALL BUT I DONT CARE ABOUT THAT AND NO I DONT WANT TO USE AN ICON PACK AND I WOULD RATHER NOT TELL WHY I...
  4. I'd like for file explorer's Preview pane improved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'd like for file explorer's Preview pane improved: It's neat but takes up lots of space. this can be helped by:-Putting the preview pane in an appropiately sized box/rectangle oriented at the top/bottom right of file explorer, so that less space is needlessly taken up from it.-If on a 16:9 monitor the preview pane takes up...
  5. I'd like for file explorer's Preview pane improved

I'd like for file explorer's Preview pane improved: It's neat but takes up lots of space. this can be helped by:-Putting the preview pane in an appropiately sized box/rectangle oriented at the top/bottom right of file explorer, so that less space is needlessly taken up from it.-If on a 16:9 monitor the preview pane takes up...
  6. I'd like to request a refund for minecraft.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I'd like to request a refund for minecraft.: I purchased Minecraft Windows 10 starter collection about 10 days ago. My child didn't like it so I've been trying to get a refund since. Couldn't do it through my Microsoft account and have been trying to get hold of customer support but to no avail. Anyone knows how to...
  7. I'd like to know

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I'd like to know: Why Microsoft feels they have a right to lock my computer and not allow me access because I had to hard-power down a few times, after my system locked up? I paid for the computer, not Bill Gates. So unless Microsoft wants to reimburse me for the cost of my laptop $1800,...
  8. I'd like to disable onedrive

I'd like to disable onedrive: disable onedrive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/id-like-to-disable-onedrive/e896484e-cf8a-4449-9cc2-290b963cdd2b
  9. I'd like a clear understanding why.................

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I'd like a clear understanding why.................: Why the system will not accept a NTFS formatted 32GB USB drive for system image back up ? Why must I use an external hard drive ? I AM using a 1TB ext. hdd for backups. I just want to know why not USB flash drive. 42122
  10. I'd like to generate a list with *only* file names

in Windows 10 Support
    I'd like to generate a list with *only* file names: - Winkey, “cmd” - “cd e:\media\trainingvids” - “dir *.* /s /b /a -d > c:\temp\dork.txt” So, with that I'm opening a command prompt, changing to the correct directory, doing a directory listing of all files (including sub-directories (/s), no headers or footers so 'bare'...