Windows 10: IDC Debug

Discus and support IDC Debug in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Recently my Office Word starts but shuts down after a while again and I lose the document I was working on. Meanwhile a document appeared on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Daved2005, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Daved2005 Win User

IDC Debug

Hello,

Recently my Office Word starts but shuts down after a while again and I lose the document I was working on. Meanwhile a document appeared on my desktop, called IDC_debug_log and it asks me to send it as an attachment to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.

I have no clue what this is or what it does and I'm a bit worried that it might activate ransomware if I do as requested. In all my years of using Windows and Office I never had this.

Can anyone explain to me what this textfile is and what I should do with it?

Kind regards,

:)

Daved2005, Feb 16, 2019

2. I get "just-in-time (JIT) debugging" message

Hi,

Just-In-Time debugging launches Visual Studio automatically when an exception or crash occurs in an application that is running outside Visual Studio. We suggest changing certain settings on your computer and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Click Network and Internet.
    • Click Internet Options.
    • Go to Advanced tab.
    • Under Browsing section, check the box for both Disable script debugging option.
    • Click Apply, then OK.
    For more reference about Just-In-Time Debugger, click on this link.

Update us on the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Martin Bar, Feb 16, 2019
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    debug

Hello,

It seems that the debug file on your desktop is created when your device did its weekly cleanup process. To isolate the issue, we would like you to answer the following questions:

• Are you using a 3rd party app to schedule the clean up?
    • Is this the first time that the debug file shows on your desktop?
    • Do you have a 3rd party app or a plugin for instant messaging service?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Feb 16, 2019
  4. IDC Debug

enabling JIT debugging / HP simplified not found

Hi Alex,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

I suggest you to follow the below procedure and check if it helps.

Just-In-Time debugging is a feature that launches the Visual Studio debugger automatically when a program, running outside Visual Studio, encounters a fatal error. Just-In-Time debugging allows you to examine the error
    before the application is terminated by the operating system. The Visual Studio debugger does not need to be running when the error occurs.

To enable/disable Just-In-Time debugging

In Visual Studio,

• On the Tools menu, click Options.

• In the Options dialog box, select the Debugging folder.

• In the Debugging folder, select the Just-In-Time page.

• In the Enable Just-In-Time debugging of these types of code box, select or clear the relevant program types: Managed, Native, or Script.

To disable Just-In-Time debugging, once it has been enabled, you must be running with Administrator privileges. Enabling Just-In-Time debugging sets a registry key, and Administrator privileges are
    required to change that key.

• Click OK.
    Checks out this link for more information on JIT debugger. Also To enable/disable Just-In-Time debugging

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/5hs4b7a6.aspx

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/k8kf6y2a.aspx

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

IDC Debug

1. IDC Debug - Similar Threads - IDC Debug

2. Intermittent error when using symstore to upload debug symbols

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent error when using symstore to upload debug symbols: Hi,We're seeing some intermittent errors when trying to use symstore to upload debug symbols to a shared drive in our CI system. The output from the commandSYMSTORE MESSAGE: 0 alternate indexers registered SYMSTORE MESSAGE: LastId.txt reported id 0 SYMSTORE MESSAGE:...
  3. Intermittent error when using symstore to upload debug symbols

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intermittent error when using symstore to upload debug symbols: Hi,We're seeing some intermittent errors when trying to use symstore to upload debug symbols to a shared drive in our CI system. The output from the commandSYMSTORE MESSAGE: 0 alternate indexers registered SYMSTORE MESSAGE: LastId.txt reported id 0 SYMSTORE MESSAGE:...
  4. Microsoft .NET Framework encounters JIT debugging error when launching some apps.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft .NET Framework encounters JIT debugging error when launching some apps.: I'm encountering an error when launching some apps. Are there any ways to fix it?---------------------------------------------------------------See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time JIT debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception...
  5. IDC hopes Microsoft’s Always Connected Windows 10 PCs project will eventually do better

in Windows 10 News
    IDC hopes Microsoft’s Always Connected Windows 10 PCs project will eventually do better: The latest data from IDC suggests that the Always Connected PCs initiative from Microsoft will eventually do better as the company is betting big on Snapdragon-powered PCs and new tools. IDC’s latest report adds that the tablet market is still declining and the drop reached...
  6. IDC do not see a bright future for traditional PCs and tablets

in Windows 10 News
    IDC do not see a bright future for traditional PCs and tablets: The PC manufacturers failed to improve the sales of traditional PCs and tablets market once again, with the latest figures showing that this industry is still collapsing and IDC point to even slower performance in the next months. However, detachable tablets continue to be...
  7. IDC Expects Windows 9 To Be A Game Changer

in Windows 10 News
    IDC Expects Windows 9 To Be A Game Changer: Don’t we all? In fact, Windows 8 has already started to change rules of the games, both on tablets and notebooks, and Windows 9 looks set to continue the good work. Since the next full version of the operating system is expected to come with an overabundance of new features...
  8. Windows 9 Very Unlikely to Save the Collapsing PC Market, IDC Says

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 Very Unlikely to Save the Collapsing PC Market, IDC Says: Microsoft is expected to launch a brand new Windows version, most likely called Windows 9, sometime next year, but even though the software giant will continue development of new OS builds, the PC market is very unlikely to recover. That’s what a forecast made by IDC...
  9. The Free Windows 10 Upgrade Does No Good to the PC World, IDC Says

in Windows 10 News
    The Free Windows 10 Upgrade Does No Good to the PC World, IDC Says: The Free Windows 10 Upgrade Does No Good to the PC World, IDC Says Sales of new PCs keep falling, the company reveals [img] PC Market Stability Remains Elusive as Markets Continue to Struggle, According to IDC FRAMINGHAM, Mass., June 9, 2016 – Worldwide PC...
  10. Windows 10 Likely to Bring Tablet Users Back to PCs, IDC..

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Likely to Bring Tablet Users Back to PCs, IDC..: Windows 10 is one of the most anticipated products not only by Microsoft and its customers but also by hardware manufacturers worldwide because the new OS is very likely to boost shipments of new devices when it becomes available. Analyst firm IDC says that Windows 10 is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. idc debug log