Windows 10: IDC hopes Microsoft’s Always Connected Windows 10 PCs project will eventually do better

Discus and support IDC hopes Microsoft’s Always Connected Windows 10 PCs project will eventually do better in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The latest data from IDC suggests that the Always Connected PCs initiative from Microsoft will eventually do better as the company is betting big on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Aug 6, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

IDC hopes Microsoft’s Always Connected Windows 10 PCs project will eventually do better

The latest data from IDC suggests that the Always Connected PCs initiative from Microsoft will eventually do better as the company is betting big on Snapdragon-powered PCs and new tools.

IDC’s latest report adds that the tablet market is still declining and the drop reached 13.5 percent to 33 million units in the new quarter. Unfortunately, detachable tablets also went down and slate tablets shipment was only 28.4 million units.

It also notes that Microsoft’s first-generation Always Connected PCs, which bring Windows 10 to ARM processors, has failed to impress the audience but the firm is hopeful the next-generation devices will work in the company’s favour.

“The first-generation of Windows 10 on Snapdragon detachables failed to impress as sluggish performance and the limited number of available programs and apps prevented the first few products in the category from achieving mass market success,” said Lauren Guenveur, senior research analyst for IDC’s Tablet team.

“However, with Qualcomm’s upcoming Snapdragon 850 processor, specifically designed for Always Connected PCs, as well as new tools from Microsoft to bring 64-bit apps to the Always Connected platform, we believe there is a promising future for this line of products. The purported advantages of the platform, including its cost effectiveness over Intel X86 processors, could do a lot to boost shipments of detachables, particularly in the woefully underserved mid-market segment. This segment remains key to the overall growth of the detachable market, one which Microsoft has only started to address with the release of the Surface Go.”

The post IDC hopes Microsoft’s Always Connected Windows 10 PCs project will eventually do better appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Aug 6, 2018
  2. Jeraldine Ase, Aug 6, 2018
  3. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Aug 6, 2018
  4. Arnie Est Win User

IDC hopes Microsoft’s Always Connected Windows 10 PCs project will eventually do better

I can't Project my Screen on pc

Hello Obaro Nduka,

Thank youn for posting Microsoft Community.

We're here to help. Regarding your concern you may follow the steps provided below:

• Use a USB cable to connect to your Windows device.
    • Start the Project My Screen app on your Windows device.
    • On your phone, tap Yes when prompted to allow screen projection.
    Note: You can't use a USB connection to project content that's protected by Digital Right Management (DRM) -- for example Xbox Video. Projecting your screen with a USB connection is video only. You can still manage audio through your phone.

Hope this helps.

Arnie Est, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

1. IDC hopes Microsoft’s Always Connected Windows 10 PCs project will eventually do better - Similar Threads - IDC hopes Microsoft’s

2. Firefox Beta for Windows 10 Always Connected PCs Now Available

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox Beta for Windows 10 Always Connected PCs Now Available: Whether it’s checking the weather forecast or movie times, you can always count on the web to give you the information you’re seeking. Your choice of operating system and computer shouldn’t change your online experience. As part of Mozilla’s mission, we built Firefox as a...
  3. Windows 10 upgrade always fails, always rolls back, laptop eventually starts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade always fails, always rolls back, laptop eventually starts: Hi, I have a Toshiba Satellite P50-C-12Z laptop - currently, every time I start it up it goes through a 30 minute update process, then fails the update, then undoes the update, then restarts a few times and then I can log on normally. I've run the Windows Update...
  4. New Firefox Beta for Windows 10 ARM64 Always Connected PCs

in Windows 10 News
    New Firefox Beta for Windows 10 ARM64 Always Connected PCs: Whether it’s checking the weather forecast or movie times, you can always count on the web to give you the information you’re seeking. Your choice of operating system and computer shouldn’t change your online experience. As part of Mozilla’s mission, we built Firefox as a...
  5. Rumour claims Xbox One games will eventually run on Windows 10 PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Rumour claims Xbox One games will eventually run on Windows 10 PCs: Microsoft remains fully committed to its gaming business and it also has plans to improve gaming on Windows 10 PCs. According to reports, the successor to Xbox One X has been codenamed ‘Anaconda’ and there is a lesser powered console which is codenamed ‘Lockhart’. On the...
  6. Qualcomm announces Snapdragon 850 for Always Connected Windows 10 PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Qualcomm announces Snapdragon 850 for Always Connected Windows 10 PCs: The previous generation Always Connected PCs were powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 835 processor, and as expected the next-generation lineup will be powered by the all-new chipset, Snapdragon 850. Today at Computex, Qualcomm announced the Snapdragon 850 Mobile Compute...
  7. IDC do not see a bright future for traditional PCs and tablets

in Windows 10 News
    IDC do not see a bright future for traditional PCs and tablets: The PC manufacturers failed to improve the sales of traditional PCs and tablets market once again, with the latest figures showing that this industry is still collapsing and IDC point to even slower performance in the next months. However, detachable tablets continue to be...
  8. Sprint to offer unlimited LTE data to Always Connected Windows 10 PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Sprint to offer unlimited LTE data to Always Connected Windows 10 PCs: It is normally difficult for a new category of devices to gain momentum among the customers if they have been used to a particular category of devices for a very long time. It stays true even if the new category offers something really useful. In this case, people have been...
  9. Windows 10 Internet connection evolves eventually to no connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Internet connection evolves eventually to no connection: I have been having an extreme problem with connecting to the internet. After upgrading to windows 10 from windows 7 home version (I assume windows 10 is the problem) I had connectivity for over a month. Thus I cannot roll back to windows 7 anymore. I have no connectivity now...
  10. Windows 10 Likely to Bring Tablet Users Back to PCs, IDC..

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Likely to Bring Tablet Users Back to PCs, IDC..: Windows 10 is one of the most anticipated products not only by Microsoft and its customers but also by hardware manufacturers worldwide because the new OS is very likely to boost shipments of new devices when it becomes available. Analyst firm IDC says that Windows 10 is...