Windows 10: IDE/ATAPI-controllerdriver and Intel NVMe controller the same?

Discus and support IDE/ATAPI-controllerdriver and Intel NVMe controller the same? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I did a clean install and can for the life of me not get the system to run as it did before. I think that it is a driver problem. I wrote down all main... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Damun, May 2, 2020.

1. Damun Win User

IDE/ATAPI-controllerdriver and Intel NVMe controller the same?

I did a clean install and can for the life of me not get the system to run as it did before.
    I think that it is a driver problem.
    I wrote down all main drivers before i formatted and reinstalled with newer drivers.

I have a question regarding the IDE/ATAPI-controller and NVMe: In my previous "build" (i did not build it) the driver for both was the same: v. 16.5.0.1027 dated 23-05-2018. How can this be?

As i understand it the RST driver "package" contains drivers for the IDE/ATAPI controller, not for the NVMe.
    I know that this package contains more drivers than just iaStorAC and i think that the iaStorAC was used for the IDE/ATAPI controller but which of the drivers could have been used for the NVMe controller: iaAHCIC, iaStor, iaStorExt or was it the same iaStorAC?

If i only install iaStorAC as the IDE/ATAPI controller, the NVMe controller remains "Standard NVM Express controller".
    What am i misunderstanding?

:)

Damun, May 2, 2020
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

ide ata/atapi controllers

Hi ibme,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that it can get difficult if the system are not working as expected.
    However, we can go ahead and try few steps to see if we can resolve this issue.

Method 1: Check hidden devices in Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key +x
    2. Click Device Manager
    3. Go to Views tab and click on Show hidden devices from the drop-down menu.
    4. Then search for hidden drivers if any IDE ATA /ATAPI DRIVER
      are listed.
    5. Uninstall all the hidden drivers and reboot the PC, and check if that helps.

I also suggest you to refer this article on
    Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs
    , and check if that helps.

If you need any additional assistance, please write back with the
    model number for dell computer?

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, May 2, 2020
  3. Accidentally uninstalled IDE ata/atapi controllers

Hello,

I accidentally uninstalled IDE ata/atapi controllers because CD/DVD drive didn't shown up in This PC not in the BIOS. Then I found an unplugged wire in CPU, that was the problem. I connected it. Now, there is no CD/DVD drive nor a IDE ata/atapi controller
    which are important to show up CD/DVD drive. What should I do. I made this PC (CUSTOM PC). Help needed!

Hrishi Patel, May 2, 2020
  4. ASAP Win User

IDE ATA ATAPI controllers

Hello there

I'm kinda stuck here. Trying to format my usb flash drive. Right clicking on usb icon and choosing 'format' doesn't help as it says: windows was unable to complete the format. So I decided to do it by cmd but the thing is I'm not even able to clean the disk as the following pops up: diskpart has encountered an eror the request could not be performed because of an I/O device error. See the system event log for more information.

I've read that in this case you have to make some changes at IDE ATA ATAPI controllers but I see no channel being listed below that.

So how can i format it without using a 3rd party software or updating my drives( as I'm not able to)?
    *My os is windows 10 and I'm using MSI PE60 7RD device

ASAP, May 2, 2020
Thema:

1. IDE/ATAPI-controllerdriver and Intel NVMe controller the same? - Similar Threads - IDE ATAPI controllerdriver

2. IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers: Helloim trying to fix my laptop acer predator triton 300 and i noticed that it doesnt have IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers. is there a way to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ide-ataatapi-controllers/e9cf375e-6c3b-48b7-aaef-933d12ec89cd
  3. IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers: Helloim trying to fix my laptop acer predator triton 300 and i noticed that it doesnt have IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers. is there a way to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ide-ataatapi-controllers/e9cf375e-6c3b-48b7-aaef-933d12ec89cd
  4. Impact of changing my IDE ATA/ATAPI controller driver...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Impact of changing my IDE ATA/ATAPI controller driver...: I recently received a BSOD indicating that iastor.sys was the culprit. What impact would there be on changing to the default windows driver, replacing iastor.sys, on my Storage Spaces? I don't use the RAID function of iastor. System is configured as AHCI. The motherboard is...
  5. BSOD with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION on HP Pavilion with no IDE ATA/ATAPI controller

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION on HP Pavilion with no IDE ATA/ATAPI controller: I was gifted an HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec0xxx. It worked great for many months then began to get a BSOD within minutes of trying to play game with the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION message. I have tried reinstalling Windows 10 from scratch the original OS and doing all updates...
  6. I accidentally uninstalled IDE ata/atapi controllers,my PC not Starting

in Windows 10 Customization
    I accidentally uninstalled IDE ata/atapi controllers,my PC not Starting: Hello, I accidentally uninstalled IDE ata/atapi controllers because CD/DVD drive didn't shown up in my pc and when I did it the pc restart automatically and this message appear for me"reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and...
  7. IDE ATA ATAPI controllers

IDE ATA ATAPI controllers: Hello there I'm kinda stuck here. Trying to format my usb flash drive. Right clicking on usb icon and choosing 'format' doesn't help as it says: windows was unable to complete the format. So I decided to do it by cmd but the thing is I'm not even able to clean the disk as...
  8. IDE ATA ATAPI controllers

IDE ATA ATAPI controllers: Hello there I'm kinda stuck here. Trying to format my usb flash drive. Right clicking on usb icon and choosing 'format' doesn't help as it says: windows was unable to complete the format. So I decided to do it by cmd but the thing is I'm not even able to clean the disk as...
  9. ide ata/atapi controllers

ide ata/atapi controllers: i have win 10 on a aurora 6 computer..i don't know if my controllers and dvd was accidentally erased or if they got lost in a upgrade. all i know is there not in device manager or in BIOS. i have ran the ePsa. today virtual agent did what she called a in place upgrade.i...
  10. IDE ATA/ATAPI controller not starting

IDE ATA/ATAPI controller not starting: Hello- I've been very frustrated with my upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 on my Desktop computer. I've upgraded two computers at my house to Windows 10. Both have had much different results. My Windows 8 laptop upgraded easily and operates nicely with the update. My...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is the intel(r) nvme contoller

2. what is ide ata/atapi controllers windows 10