Windows 10: IDE To SATA Drive Not Recognised

Discus and support IDE To SATA Drive Not Recognised in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a SAMSUNG 40GB IDE HDD that I took out of an old case. I acquired an IDE to SATA adapter. The drive turns on; no strange noises, or anything. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kamryn, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Kamryn Win User

IDE To SATA Drive Not Recognised

I have a SAMSUNG 40GB IDE HDD that I took out of an old case.
    I acquired an IDE to SATA adapter. The drive turns on; no strange noises, or anything. It looks pretty much band new, dispite it being 15 years old.
    It's not recognised by Windows, and it doesn't seem to show up in the UEFI (BIOS). I think it has Windows XP on it.

It had a jumper pin on the far left, I removed it to see if that would work.
    I don't know much about the jumper pins. I've used many drives before, but never used them.

Here is the jumper pin guide on the label, maybe this can help.

Drive Information:
    SAMSUNG 40GB SP0411N | REV. A
    Manufactue Date: 2003.09
    The rest I can't decypher, becuase it's in what looks like Korean.

General Pin Setting
    ::|:

Master (1 Drive)
    ||::

Slave
    :|::

Cable Select
    :||:

:)

Kamryn, Feb 27, 2019
  2. Baer Win User

Optical Drives, SATA or IDE?

What do you guys recommend? I have 6 SATA slots on my Mobo and I will be installing three HDDs initially. I may install a SSD drive later so that would be 4. I am trying to decide if I want to use IDE and save my two additional SATA slots. I am going to install two optical drives. I am not very concerned about a little more burn speed for the optical drives as they are not used that often.
    Comments and Suggestions?
    Tnx

3. erocker Win User
    X58 and IDE CD-ROM drives.

Any IDE port should work but I would suggest getting a SATA optical drive regardless.

erocker, Feb 27, 2019
  4. Jenesis Win User

New SATA drives recognised by BIOS but not detected by Vista

Sorry I forgot to specify my mainboard model; it's a K9N Diamond SLI. Thanks for finding the link - I hate MSI's site with a passion, the design is awful and leads you round and round in circles to their 'Country Select' page every 5 clicks. But I digress.

I'll try getting the drivers again, although I have tried it already once today. The thing that confuses me slightly is that my existing C:/ drive is a SATA drive too, which showed up first time with none of this trouble.

I intend to use the drives for storage, yes, maybe with a few games on them. No OSs or dual-boot though.

As far as I can tell they are in IDE mode; when going into the BIOS a list flashes up of all the devices, and the three HDDs in my PC all show as IDE.

I'll try your disable-reboot-enable suggestion tomorrow, it's 2am here and methinks it's sleepy time...

Thanks for help! *Smile IDE To SATA Drive Not Recognised :)

Jenesis, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

1. IDE To SATA Drive Not Recognised - Similar Threads - IDE SATA Drive

2. Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter not working in windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter not working in windows: I have purchased this Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter in hopes of retrieving old photos off an external hard drive and the older type hard drives BUT my windows 10 wont find it or anything, I can hear the drive running but nothing from my computer, I have...
  3. Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter not working in windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter not working in windows: I have purchased this Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter in hopes of retrieving old photos off an external hard drive and the older type hard drives BUT my windows 10 wont find it or anything, I can hear the drive running but nothing from my computer, I have...
  4. Connected SATA with IDE Settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connected SATA with IDE Settings: I have G4117L0D bios Zebronics ZEB G41 D3 motherboard in my PC I have connected 2 HDD, both have 6GB/s capability (SATA 3) BIOS has options of SATA type as IDE, AHCI, RAID. In IDE there are 2 options, Before PATA and Behind PATA. In AHCI there are again the same options...
  5. Unable to change SATA mode from IDE TO AHCI

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to change SATA mode from IDE TO AHCI: Sorry to bother you all. I am currently trying to change my SATA mode from IDE to AHCI but in my BIOS the option to change it is grayed out. Is there anything I can do to fix this? My Specs are: Packard Bell imedia S1800 PC Ram: 2.0 GB DDR3 SSD: Crucial BX200 Media...
  6. Fit ssd into laptop dvd drive bay Sata to IDE

Fit ssd into laptop dvd drive bay Sata to IDE: Hi i have an old HP pavilion dv6700 laptop, the dvd drive has packed up, thought I would fit an SSD into. A drive bay, but the interface is IDE, but have found. Bay which accepts Sata but outputs IDE . i assume I would lose a lot of the advantage that an SSD gives. would I...
  7. SATA HDD recognised as SSD

SATA HDD recognised as SSD: Hi. My SATA HDD is recognised as a SSD and Windows 10 will not perform defragmentation on it as a result; which I appreciate. I've tried many of the prescribed procedures mentioned on forums but to no effect. I'm pretty convinced that the problem lies in the fact I have...
  8. IDE drive to SATA host

IDE drive to SATA host: I an trying to reuse old IDE drives and DVD writers in a system that only has SATA on board. I bought two kinds of adaptor board for it but none of them works. Here are the two boards: [img] [img] I've tried them on 2 PCs (B75 and Z97 chipset, both run Windows 10), 3 old...
  9. Sabrent USB 2.0 IDE/SATA Hard Disk Drive to USB not detected.

Sabrent USB 2.0 IDE/SATA Hard Disk Drive to USB not detected.: It has its own power supply, and I've tried the front and back USB ports on my tower. The lights are all on, and I can hear the hard drive itself running, and yet the computer doesn't detect it in any way. The hard drive is a 250GB Maxtor IDE HDD. I've tried these jumper...
  10. Problem with USB2 to IDE/SATA Bridge

Problem with USB2 to IDE/SATA Bridge: Hi! I recently tried to use this device which worked on Windows 7 Professional before upgrading to 10. I found that the USB2 device fluctuated from appearing in Device Manager. Also the SATA drive appeared as named device, then Local drive or disappeared completely. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ide to sata adaptor not recognised