Windows 10: Idenity Theft by way of my Computer, How do I protect myself?

Discus and support Idenity Theft by way of my Computer, How do I protect myself? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; May 31, 2019 MICROSOFT This morning my computer stopped completely! It said contact support 18777641203 The Technician that answered said his... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MarieFairbanks, May 31, 2019.

1. Idenity Theft by way of my Computer, How do I protect myself?

May 31, 2019

MICROSOFT

This morning my computer stopped completely! It said contact support 18777641203 The Technician that answered said his name was Andrew Williams. He said someone hacked my IP number remotely!

Error loggeted Fri May 312019

Microsoft Diagnostic MS-SYSINF032

I didn't trust him because this happened before in 2015 and I wouldn't agree to giving the man $5oo for the security, he blacked it out. I reported to the Federal Building, they just gave me literature. I gave him access to look around in my computer,

What else can I do to protect myself on my computer?

Sincerely

Marie Fairbanks

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

MarieFairbanks, May 31, 2019
  2. hiren701 Win User

protection against theft

in my view.. there must be an inbuilt theft protection

as like if we get lost our cell phone there must be ..an inbuild un removeble easy facility as like mobile tracker

hiren701, May 31, 2019
  3. malware Win User
    Ericsson Collaborates with Intel to Bring Theft Protection to Notebooks

Ericsson announced today that it is collaborating with Intel to ensure that Ericsson's Mobile Broadband Modules are interoperable with Intel Anti-Theft PC Protection Technology for notebooks to offer a secure and reliable anti-theft solution for mobile broadband users. The collaboration addresses solutions to minimize the negative consequences when notebooks are lost or stolen, and in conjunction independent encryption software when sensitive data is lost while on-the-go and to prevent unwanted data intrusion.

Idenity Theft by way of my Computer, How do I protect myself? ws7x0293a_72dpi_thm.jpg

Idenity Theft by way of my Computer, How do I protect myself? ws7x0339a_72dpi_thm.jpg

The need for taking the profit out of stealing laptops and protecting sensitive and important information continues to grow with the increased popularity of mobile broadband notebooks. Theft or loss of notebooks can have enormous financial consequences for both consumers and enterprise users, especially when sensitive data on the notebook is lost or obtained by unauthorized persons.

Through this collaboration between Ericsson and Intel, a theft management service residing in the network can send a message via SMS to the mobile broadband module inside the notebook, which securely transfers the message to Intel's Anti-Theft function inside the processor platform, which takes appropriate actions, such as completely locking the computer, making it unusable. When the notebook is located and recovered, an unlock message can be sent to the notebook that makes the data accessible again.

Mats Norin, Vice President and head of Mobile Broadband Modules at Ericsson said: "We share a common vision with Intel about offering consumers and enterprise users a secure mobile broadband experience for their notebooks. We are committed to work with industry leaders to shape a complete, end-to-end solution to drive increased mobile broadband adoption."

"We have entered a new era for security for the on-the-go businessperson in which losing a notebook or having it stolen can have disastrous implications," said George Thangadurai, director of Intel's Strategy and Platform Planning Group, and general manager of the company's Anti-Theft Program. "Intel's Anti-Theft PC Protection technology takes notebook security to a new level, making notebook theft for profit an exercise in futility and with third-party software help secure data. By teaming with Ericsson, we are extending the benefits of Intel Anti-Theft PC Protection to those who use mobile broadband networks."

The solution builds on Ericsson's Mobile Broadband Modules, which are tightly integrated in and optimized for notebooks, and Intel's Anti-Theft PC Protection technology, which can lock a stolen or lost notebook. Intel Anti-Theft Technology provides an intelligent mechanism built into the processor platform that detects potential theft situations and responds according to IT policies. Anti-Theft PC Protection technology can be programmed to respond to repeated login failures and expiration of a timer that requires regularly scheduled connection to a central server.

When a loss or theft is detected, Intel Anti-Theft PC Protection technology can lock the laptop, rendering it useless, by blocking the boot process, and when working in conjunction with third-party encryption hardware or software can protect data by deleting cryptographic keys or similar essential code for decryption.

The theft management service can also take advantage of built-in Global Positioning System (GPS) technology in the Ericsson mobile broadband module, which can send location data to a central server. The location function can be utilized to determine a theft situation when the notebook is moved outside a pre-defined area -- a so called geo-fence to locate a lost notebook.

Ericsson Mobile Broadband Modules are already optimized with Intel Centrino 2 processor technology to achieve excellent battery life and will in addition be validated to guarantee the interworking with Intel Anti-Theft PC Protection Technology. The solution will be available in commercial data protection products starting second half of 2009.

Ericsson Mobile Broadband Modules support HSPA -- the world's most widely commercially deployed technology for mobile broadband, and provides the end user with a simple, cost effective and convenient solution for broadband access while on-the-go.

Source: Ericsson

malware, May 31, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Idenity Theft by way of my Computer, How do I protect myself?

Absolute Software, Intel and Lenovo Bring Computer AntiTheft Protection to Businesses

Absolute Software, Intel Corporation and Lenovo are bringing hardware-based anti-theft and computer-theft deterrence technology for notebook computers to businesses.

Select Lenovo ThinkPad T400 notebooks will be among the first notebooks to ship with support for Intel Anti-Theft PC Protection and Absolute Computrace technology built in. The new optional services will be available beginning in December.

Select models of Lenovo ThinkPad T400 notebooks that offer Intel Centrino 2 Processor Technology with Intel vPro Technology will ship Intel Anti-Theft PC Protection "Ready," needing only to be activated by companies' IT departments. Absolute Computrace and Intel Anti-Theft PC Protection working together provide the PC with intelligent mechanisms that detect potential theft situations and respond according to programmed IT policy. When field upgraded to activate Computrace – a leading theft recovery, data deletion and mobile computer IT asset management solution – customers will be able to extend the benefit they receive from Absolute's managed security services, through the new hardware-based Intel Anti-Theft PC Protection.

For example, if a Lenovo ThinkPad T400 notebook has not "checked in" with the Absolute Monitoring Center over the Internet within a specified time, Anti-Theft PC Protection working through Computrace would automatically lock the notebook, rendering it unusable to an unauthorized user. Additionally, an IT administrator can use Computrace and Intel Anti-Theft PC Protection technology to make a device inoperative when it is lost or stolen. The next time that computer "checks in," the computer will be locked. Working alone, Intel Anti-Theft PC Protection can lock a computer if it experiences more than a prescribed number of password attempts, or if it exceeds an internally programmed IT policy for check-in time. The IT department can unlock the computer when it is back in the hands of an authorized user.

"Absolute is excited to work with industry leaders to further drive anti-theft technologies into the marketplace – ensuring that joint Absolute, Intel and Lenovo customers have a secure computing experience," said John Livingston, CEO of Absolute Software.

This is another technology first with ThinkPad notebooks for Absolute. Computrace was first available in the BIOS of ThinkPad T43 notebooks as early as 2005, enabling Computrace's unique self-healing aspect that ensures it cannot be removed from a computer, even after a reformat or hard drive replacement.

Lenovo continues its global leadership in providing IT security innovations for its ThinkPad notebook PCs with this capability. The solution complements other computer industry security innovations from Lenovo, including the first notebook PC with an embedded security chip and the first notebook PC with a built-in biometric fingerprint reader combined with hard drive encryption.

"By combining Intel Anti-Theft PC Protection with Computrace support, we are giving our customers the latest technologies in notebook PC security," said Bob Galush, vice president, software and peripherals marketing, Lenovo. "By integrating both these technologies with the excellent engineering of ThinkPad notebooks, customers can be confident their business notebook PCs are protected by an additional layer of security."

In addition, Intel vPro Technology enhances existing Absolute solutions by enabling remote management that offers an additional degree of tamper-resistance for Absolute customers. Intel vPro Technology enables IT professionals under most conditions to remotely perform security and management tasks on a PC even if the computer is powered off, has an inoperative BIOS or hard drive, or is outside the corporate firewall.

"The notebook lost in the airport or stolen from a car can be devastating and is a common nightmare in the back of every business traveler's mind," said George Thangadurai, director, Strategic Planning, and general manager, Anti-Theft Program, Intel Mobile Platforms Group. "The collaboration with Absolute and Lenovo is aimed at helping solve that problem. The fusion of technologies in the Lenovo ThinkPad T400 notebook establishes a new level of security for today's mobile workforce."

Availability
    Computrace with Intel Anti-Theft PC Protection support will be available in supported regions on select Lenovo ThinkPad T400 notebooks through Lenovo and its business partners beginning in December.

Source: Intel

btarunr, May 31, 2019
Thema:

Idenity Theft by way of my Computer, How do I protect myself?

1. Idenity Theft by way of my Computer, How do I protect myself? - Similar Threads - Idenity Theft Computer

2. How Do I UnBlock Myself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Do I UnBlock Myself: I cannot access Windows Security. It says, "This app has been blocked by your system administrator." I am the administrator. Not sure how I blocked myself, but I did. I did block the Microsoft Store for another Standard User, but that is it for Application Control Policies....
  3. How Do I UnBlock Myself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I UnBlock Myself: I cannot access Windows Security. It says, "This app has been blocked by your system administrator." I am the administrator. Not sure how I blocked myself, but I did. I did block the Microsoft Store for another Standard User, but that is it for Application Control Policies....
  4. someone is trying to link their phone to my pc how do i block that phone and protect myself...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    someone is trying to link their phone to my pc how do i block that phone and protect myself...: someone is trying to link their phone to my pc how do i block that phone and protect myself from them trying to get into my account i just got a notification about it and no other information has been given apart from that notification i have changed the number for my...
  5. someone is trying to link their phone to my pc how do i block that phone and protect myself...

someone is trying to link their phone to my pc how do i block that phone and protect myself...: someone is trying to link their phone to my pc how do i block that phone and protect myself from them trying to get into my account i just got a notification about it and no other information has been given apart from that notification i have changed the number for my...
  6. someone is trying to link their phone to my pc how do i block that phone and protect myself...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. How do I get TPM 2.0 on a computer that I built myself?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get TPM 2.0 on a computer that I built myself?: I have the full version of Win 10 Home edition installed on a new PC that I recently built myself. When looking into a Win 11 upgrade, the PC Health Checking App tells me that TPM 2.0 must be supported and enabled & there is no TPM detected. Several help files that I have...
  8. How do I get TPM 2.0 on a computer that I built myself?

How do I get TPM 2.0 on a computer that I built myself?: I have the full version of Win 10 Home edition installed on a new PC that I recently built myself. When looking into a Win 11 upgrade, the PC Health Checking App tells me that TPM 2.0 must be supported and enabled & there is no TPM detected. Several help files that I have...
  9. how do I disassociate myself from a computer that I will give away?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how do I disassociate myself from a computer that I will give away?: See title. How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disassociate-myself-from-a-computer-that/f9ab89c0-31c3-4f39-b8f3-d0aced6b8d53"
  10. computer locked up saying possable idenity theft virus and call18885941816 should i call

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    computer locked up saying possable idenity theft virus and call18885941816 should i call: my computer locked up virus identity theft activity and to call18885041816 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/computer-locked-up-saying-possable-idenity-theft/3a8b0458-302f-4527-bdb9-662dc4200911

Users found this page by searching for:

1. absolute software and vpro