Windows 10: Identical subfolder name exists

Discus and support Identical subfolder name exists in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is weird that I have this identical folder name. If I want to create another same folder, it will say same folder name exists. If I rename one of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JimmyChao1, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Identical subfolder name exists

This is weird that I have this identical folder name. If I want to create another same folder, it will say same folder name exists. If I rename one of the duplicate folder and restore, it is allowed. What's cause this? I have view to show all hidden files, and extensions.

Identical subfolder name exists cb9ecdb5-6cc5-4a51-abbd-b029c11a23ee?upload=true.jpg

:)

JimmyChao1, Sep 19, 2020

2. Identities missing from Registry

The Identities subfolder is completely missing from HHKEY_CURRENT_USER in the Registry, so I get an error message on opening Outlook:

'Identity Switch Cancelled

The current identity could not be changed because one of the applications was unable to switch.

Close any open dialog boxes in other applications before trying again.'

I have upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 and am using Outlook 2010.

There is a suggestion for Outlook Express on the knowledgebase, but it does not tell you how to add the complete Identities subfolder.

Can anyone suggest how to correct this, please?

Thank you.

Nigel

NigelFStevens, Sep 19, 2020
  3. Hrish Win User
    Best way to make a bootable WIndows 10 image on USB with all existing softwares, drivers & configurations to deploy on identical hardwares?

Best way to make a bootable Windows 10 image on USB with all existing software, drivers & configurations to deploy on exactly identical hardware?

There is no difference in the hardware we want to deploy that image on.

Planning to deploy this image on over 4000 desktops of same hardware configuration and make and model.

Is there a freeware/opensource/free software that we can use for this purpose commercially?

can you suggest a solution and KB article where it's step by step explained how to achieve it or do it?

Hrish, Sep 19, 2020
  4. HaEnHa Win User

Identical subfolder name exists

Accessing IMAP Subfolders

The folders exist since the account was created almost 15 years ago.

Subfolders don't show up at all. Where are they supposed to be? In a flat list? Is there a way to expand the Inbox folder and show subfolders?

HaEnHa, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

Identical subfolder name exists

1. Identical subfolder name exists - Similar Threads - Identical subfolder name

2. DNS Name does not exist - error 9003

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNS Name does not exist - error 9003: NEED HELP!!!I just check my DHCP and find this error in the log file: what is mean and how to fix ???the error: PTR record registration for IPv4 address [[x.x.x.x]] and FQDN name.domain.com failed with error 9003 DNS name does not exist.....
  3. DNS Name does not exist - error 9003

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS Name does not exist - error 9003: NEED HELP!!!I just check my DHCP and find this error in the log file: what is mean and how to fix ???the error: PTR record registration for IPv4 address [[x.x.x.x]] and FQDN name.domain.com failed with error 9003 DNS name does not exist.....
  4. dns resolve not existent names to strange ip

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    dns resolve not existent names to strange ip: It has been a long time that my computer resolve names to strange ip when resolving not existent names. For example today ping pippo.pluto.paperino resolves to ip 173.45.161.113 see below. Has anybody ever experienced this phenomenon, sometimes very annoying ie test for...
  5. identity provider “live.com” does not exist in tenant “Microsoft Services”

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    identity provider “live.com” does not exist in tenant “Microsoft Services”: AADSTS50020: User account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** from identity provider “live.com” does not exist in tenant “Microsoft Services” and cannot access the application “29d9ed98-a469-4536-ade2-f981bc1d605e”Microsoft Authentication Broker in that tenant. The...
  6. Display identically named computers in a Home network

Display identically named computers in a Home network: Hi folks Is there any way to display identically named Windows computers on a Home network -- If I have 2 computers say named asgeir then only one appears in the network map even though both can logon and see other parts of the network. By computer name I'm referring to the...
  7. Change an existing account name, files gone.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change an existing account name, files gone.: Win 10 Pro Changed an account name and now files are missing. The user is a Standard type. Is there a way to get them back? Mike https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-an-existing-account-name-files-gone/227f5339-e016-4148-8cc0-418c1ecda002"
  8. I can't delete Windows.old folder - a subfolder doesn't exist

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't delete Windows.old folder - a subfolder doesn't exist: After the second wave of October Update, I can't delete the Windows.old because a sub-sub-sub-sub folder (hereinafter the X-folder). The X-folder I can't rename it, delete it or force delete through powershell (with admin right ofc). [img] PS: I rename the Windows.old...
  9. Two identical user names on logon screen - why?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two identical user names on logon screen - why?: Noticed that I am not the only one facing this issue after a fresh install. One way or the other it will be solved, but I wonder why it is showing up in the first place? Somewhere along the setup there is a screen that says: "Who's going to use this PC? - What name do you...
  10. The DNS name does not exist

The DNS name does not exist: When I visit a foreign news website and then re-direct to another page by clicking the news title, it always displays “The DNS name does not exist. Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND.” However, there is no problem to visit the most of other websites and redirect to the...