Windows 10: Identical 'Users' folder named 'Users..'. What is this? And where did it come from?

Discus and support Identical 'Users' folder named 'Users..'. What is this? And where did it come from? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Here's a screenshot of what I mean.There's basically full duplicate of my 'Users' folder named 'Users..'. It has everything that the other one has, all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by eyyMinda, Nov 23, 2022.

1. eyyMinda Win User

Identical 'Users' folder named 'Users..'. What is this? And where did it come from?

Here's a screenshot of what I mean.There's basically full duplicate of my 'Users' folder named 'Users..'. It has everything that the other one has, all the %appdata% etc.. I have no idea how it got here and what it is and I am unable to find any information about this on google. I hope to learn what I'm dealing with by posting this. More info:They both are ~120gb size, my initial Users folder size and contains the same amount of files. I have not made any big changes to my pc for the last 3 months apart from installing a few programs/games i needed.Noticed it only yesterday, where as I check

:)

eyyMinda, Nov 23, 2022

2. User Account folder name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the folder name under Users folder in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the File Explorer and double click on C drive.

2. Open Users folder from the list.

3. Click on the user name folder and then tap on F2 Key.

4. Change the name of the folder and hit on Enter Key.

5. It will ask for Administrator Permission and click on Ok.

6. Folder name will be changed.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 23, 2022
  3. KidmanPE Win User
    User Account folder name

Well... that accomplished absolutely nothing! F2 alone brought up my volume bar. Ctrl-F2 = nothing! Fn-F2 = nothing! And, finally, Alt-F2 = nothing! What's supposed to happen when I "click" the User [my (sorta) name] folder and press the F2 key?!

KidmanPE, Nov 23, 2022
  4. Sarah5782 Win User

Identical 'Users' folder named 'Users..'. What is this? And where did it come from?

Comparing User Identity Folders

I have a laptop that I updated to Windows 10. I was having problems with opening File Explorer. It would not open when I clicked on it. I had to right click and open it from the menu. I had thought this would be a temporary problem, but it persisted. I
    also noticed that I could not take screen shots. When I contacted Microsoft, they had me create a new computer identity, which resulted in File Explorer and screen shots working. In the second identity, I copied in my files/folders from the first user identity.
    I was advised that when I was satisfied with the transfer, I should delete the corrupted account. When comparing the lists of transferred files, the individual files and folders appear to be similar in size and numbers of files and folders. However, when
    I compare the overall properties of the two user accounts the property sizes are different. The properties of the original account has 19,967 files with 5185 folders, 4.65 GB. The new account has 15,551 files with 2633 folders, 4.19 GB. Since the components
    of the user accounts are almost identical, how then can the combined properties of the accounts differ so widely?

Sarah5782, Nov 23, 2022
Thema:

1. Identical 'Users' folder named 'Users..'. What is this? And where did it come from? - Similar Threads - Identical 'Users' folder

2. Where did this come from?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where did this come from?: Where did this filecome from?? I never used Remote Desktop Connection before... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-did-this-come-from/7ce9a3b4-82e7-4e23-a474-22a12e16839a
  3. Where did this come from?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where did this come from?: Where did this filecome from?? I never used Remote Desktop Connection before... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-did-this-come-from/7ce9a3b4-82e7-4e23-a474-22a12e16839a
  4. User name is not showing in Users folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User name is not showing in Users folder: I've seen this question asked before but the solution does not work for me. Hopefully Dave M sees itMy user name is EricI'm trying to find my AppData folder in the following path;C:\Users\Eric\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator [version number] Settings\en_US\x64\New...
  5. User name is not showing in Users folder

User name is not showing in Users folder: I've seen this question asked before but the solution does not work for me. Hopefully Dave M sees itMy user name is EricI'm trying to find my AppData folder in the following path;C:\Users\Eric\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator [version number] Settings\en_US\x64\New...
  6. Identical 'Users' folder named 'Users..'. What is this? And where did it come from?

Identical 'Users' folder named 'Users..'. What is this? And where did it come from?: Here's a screenshot of what I mean.There's basically full duplicate of my 'Users' folder named 'Users..'. It has everything that the other one has, all the %appdata% etc.. I have no idea how it got here and what it is and I am unable to find any information about this on...
  7. Identical 'Users' folder named 'Users..'. What is this? And where did it come from?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Identical 'Users' folder named 'Users..'. What is this? And where did it come from?: Here's a screenshot of what I mean.There's basically full duplicate of my 'Users' folder named 'Users..'. It has everything that the other one has, all the %appdata% etc.. I have no idea how it got here and what it is and I am unable to find any information about this on...
  8. User name is not showing in Users folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User name is not showing in Users folder: Hi, my name is Manish Kumar recently I reset my pc and made some changes but after this, I realized that my user name "manis" is not showing in the Users folder. > Also, my Appdata folder is showing in the Desktop directory and when I make the hidden tick on the explorer it...
  9. What are these icons and where did they come from?

What are these icons and where did they come from?: What are these icons and where did they come from? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this/cf0a6271-25ed-41a9-af6a-98253a7e93eb
  10. Change user name and user folder name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change user name and user folder name: My Lenovo/Windows setup has chosen a stupid user name for me, shortened from the first letters of my MS account ID. How do I safely change my user name on my PC, and more importantly, my c:\users\user folder name whilst maintaining my Windows account name for logging in etc?...