Windows 10: identical wifi connections offered

Discus and support identical wifi connections offered in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Here at this park, the wifi offers two connections. unfortunately they have an identical name. I know this because they both show up on my other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by matt426abc, Dec 10, 2019.

1. identical wifi connections offered

Here at this park, the wifi offers two connections. unfortunately they have an identical name. I know this because they both show up on my other computer. one connection is fast and the other slow, maybe used for some other purposes, I don't know. this computer only shows one connection and unfortunately it is the slow one. How do I get this computer to show all connections available including identical names?

:)

matt426abc, Dec 10, 2019
  2. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Dec 10, 2019
  3. simrick Win User
    When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

simrick, Dec 10, 2019
  4. identical wifi connections offered

wifi connection problem

Hi,

To better assist you with the WiFi connection issue, please answer the following questions:

• Are your other devices able to connect to the same WiFi connection and working fine?
    • Have you tried to restart your WiFi router?
    • Which OS build version is currently running to your phone?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far?

Regards.

Gerald Mal, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

identical wifi connections offered

1. identical wifi connections offered - Similar Threads - identical wifi connections

2. wifi connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi connection: My other laptop is not detecting other wifi connection at home, I tried the troubleshooter but it can't detect any issues. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-connection/02df9ef4-8855-4c99-ae87-7f455c8235ae
  3. xbox app and identity provider not connected to internet

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    xbox app and identity provider not connected to internet: Hello,I'm trying to login to the xbox app, but I get a screen saying i'm not connected to the internet.When i try to configure my xbox one controller, i get an error saying something went wrong with the xbox identity provider with error code 0x800701F4.i am definitely...
  4. wifi connection

wifi connection: I cannot keep my wifi connected to my desktop. It drops an average of five times an hour and I have to manually reconnect it everytime. When I had a modem there was no problem but I am now on a system serving the entire apartment complex. A tech has checked my tower and there...
  5. WiFi not connecting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi not connecting: Hi all I am sure that this has probably been asked here before so I apologise for asking, I have an issue with connection to my WiFi network, I keep getting the password is incorrect even though I have entered it correctly, it's only happened after doing a fresh install after...
  6. Pop-ups that keep offering connected experience

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pop-ups that keep offering connected experience: In Microsoft Word, I set my privacy settings that I do NOT want connected experiences. I just want to type what I need to type, save, print. Lately I'm working on a resume and EVERY time I open it I get an MS word pop-up message telling me that I should change my settings...
  7. No WiFi connection.

No WiFi connection.: Troubleshooter says DNS server not responding. How can I address that? My wife has the same netgear adapter and her's works fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-wifi-connection/622d0717-617e-4b8a-87f0-aaa651f06a39
  8. WiFi Connectivity

WiFi Connectivity: I was in the middle of using the internet and it just disconnected. My laptop won't connect to my home WiFi I have through AT&T. Everyone, including myself, in my home can connect their phones and iPads to it but not my laptop. I did not restart my router because all other...
  9. Printer preferences not identical on connected PCs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer preferences not identical on connected PCs: I have two home PCs, both running Win 10 Pro 64-bit version 1803, both connected to an Xfinity broadband router. My PC has a USB connected HP Envy printer. My wife's PC prints to this PC via the network. The issue is that my wife's PC can only print to the HP in...
  10. Printer preferences not identical on connected PCs

in Windows 10 Support
    Printer preferences not identical on connected PCs: I have two home PCs, both running Win 10 Pro 64-bit version 1803, both connected to an Xfinity broadband router. My PC has a USB connected HP Envy printer. My wife's PC prints to this PC via the network. The issue is that my wife's PC can only print to the HP in...