Windows 10: Identifing Keylogger

Discus and support Identifing Keylogger in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; 1. How can I identify if there is a keylogger installed in my PC? 2. To what extent SAFE MODE (with networking) will protect from keylogger. 3.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by shubhamFormat, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Identifing Keylogger

1. How can I identify if there is a keylogger installed in my PC?
    2. To what extent SAFE MODE (with networking) will protect from keylogger.
    3. Antivirus will only detect a known keylogger not a custom built.
    4. How can I be certain that Microsoft itself is not a keylogger or my antivirus or any other OS or the browser I use?
    5. Task Manager shows details of app installed but how to know which running process is reliable, which is NOT ?

Identifing Keylogger [​IMG]

:)

shubhamFormat, Jan 16, 2020
  2. MikeVella Win User

Win10 keylogger

if I disable the "collect keystrokes" option in Win 10 as suggested by other people does the keylogger still run?

i am thinking strongly about reverting back to win 7 - win10 was free for a reason! no better spyware around.

Thanks

Mike

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

MikeVella, Jan 16, 2020
  3. keylogger

If there’s no option to remove the blocked item, or to identify the threat, then you might want to see if any specific file is implicated; and if so, then upload that file to VirusTotal:

VirusTotal

If you want to delve a little deeper with antimalware, then you can use specialized anti-rootkit apps to go after kernel-based keyloggers:

20 Free Rootkit / Keylogger Remover And Detector - Stop Undetectable Spyware & Surveillance Malware

And if you’re seriously concerned about this, as it seems you are; then you might also want to consider using an anti-keylogger app. If you’d like to try a free one, then I would recommend
    Zemana AntiLogger Free:

Zemana - Best Anti-Keylogger Software and Identity Theft Protection

GreginMich, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Identifing Keylogger

keylogger

does anyone know how I can get rid of a keylogger on my computer. windows defender does not seem to pick it up during a complete scan.

michael1249, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Identifing Keylogger

1. Identifing Keylogger - Similar Threads - Identifing Keylogger

2. Windows 11 update eliminates device identification cookies

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update eliminates device identification cookies: I updated Windows 11 last weekend, 2024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based systems, and all my financial accounts forgot my device. How do I backup the necessary cookies, because I can't find them, so I can avoid this problem or how can I update...
  3. Windows 11 update eliminates device identification cookies

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 update eliminates device identification cookies: I updated Windows 11 last weekend, 2024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based systems, and all my financial accounts forgot my device. How do I backup the necessary cookies, because I can't find them, so I can avoid this problem or how can I update...
  4. I do not get the code for identification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I do not get the code for identification: Hello,i forgot my PIN for my computer. When i try to log in in my microsoft account. My password is correct. But i have to verify my identity.The e.mail address is correct. But i do not get the e-mail.When i write to my address from several other mail-adresses, i get all of...
  5. I do not get the code for identification

I do not get the code for identification: Hello,i forgot my PIN for my computer. When i try to log in in my microsoft account. My password is correct. But i have to verify my identity.The e.mail address is correct. But i do not get the e-mail.When i write to my address from several other mail-adresses, i get all of...
  6. Scam identification

Scam identification: Hello, Dear MicrosoftDo you have a technician ID# mst241681, Jacob Brown?On Thrusday, Aug.31st my computer was suddenly blocked when I tried to download a book pdf online and it told me my computer was attacked by hacker. Following the instruction I called the microsoft...
  7. Scam identification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scam identification: Hello, Dear MicrosoftDo you have a technician ID# mst241681, Jacob Brown?On Thrusday, Aug.31st my computer was suddenly blocked when I tried to download a book pdf online and it told me my computer was attacked by hacker. Following the instruction I called the microsoft...
  8. restoring my personal identification number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    restoring my personal identification number: i get a message when i try to use my computer that reads, your PIN is no longer available. the Remove PIN button in settings is disabled, and i am also unable to change the PIN. it also tells me to accounts.live.com to fix the problem, but i am unable to sign in. i am using...
  9. restoring my personal identification number

restoring my personal identification number: i get a message when i try to use my computer that reads, your PIN is no longer available. the Remove PIN button in settings is disabled, and i am also unable to change the PIN. it also tells me to accounts.live.com to fix the problem, but i am unable to sign in. i am using...
  10. BSOD DMP file identification

BSOD DMP file identification: https://mega.nz/file/8dF0AKqB#PL85Z2U8Pl5JUMWtqV6EwHwhwPM-H6qR2Ar3AAntcLU the DMP files for identification.I've been repeatedly having my web browser and other applications crash, often leading into a BSOD saying PFN LIST CORRUPT or MEMORY MANAGEMENT ERROR among other ones....