Windows 10: Identify a falty driver

Discus and support Identify a falty driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi ! It's been two weeks since I experienced a lot of BSOD One each day. They appear when I'm watching videos, talking on Teams or playing. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bwaude, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Bwaude Win User

Identify a falty driver

Hi !

It's been two weeks since I experienced a lot of BSOD One each day. They appear when I'm watching videos, talking on Teams or playing.

I reinstalled Windows, updated all my drivers but I cannot find which driver is causing this error.

I followed the driver verifier process and obtained some results that I don't understand.

Here is the link to my dmp files : https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag68vug_Vos0agQuq4pEC2WiqvY?e=hg4Dnf

I guess I'm not that far to find the solution to my problem. If someone can help me, I would be grateful !

Thank you and have a nice day all.

:)

Bwaude, Jun 18, 2020

2. touchpad driver update

Hi Chandrahasan,

Incompatible device drivers are known to operate against the method that Windows 10 follows. We suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to scan your computer, identify the problem, and attempt to fix the issue automatically. To run the
    troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Start icon and select Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on Hardware and Sound > Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, uninstall the touchpad driver, then follow these steps to check if the issue is driver related:

• Right-click on the name of your PC at the top of the list of devices in
      Device Manager
    • Select Scan for hardware changes to reinstall the device driver, or download and install the latest version from the manufacturer’s website.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Jun 19, 2020
  3. David Haz Win User
    Windows 10 Wireless internet driver mysteriously stopped working.

Hi Garrett,

Aside from updating and reinstalling the driver of the network adapters, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter. The Network troubleshooter may help diagnose and fix common connection problems. To run the Network troubleshooter:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

We look forward to an update from you.

Regards.

David Haz, Jun 19, 2020
  4. OneMoar Win User

Identify a falty driver

AMD High Overhead Drivers on DX11

my fault I requested it be re-opened due to a case of idiocy on the guru3d board
    really should be a separate thread at this-stage
    tl:dr AMD's drivers don't use command lists and they are slower then they *should* be

OneMoar, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

Identify a falty driver

1. Identify a falty driver - Similar Threads - Identify falty driver

2. Falty snipping tool/ cant download again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Falty snipping tool/ cant download again: I Uninstalled the snipping tool because it stopped working on my surface. Now I've tried to reinstall and it says "error on our end" and I can't find it anywhere in the past apps or anything. When I got to my app store it won't let me download ANY snipping tools. Please help...
  3. Falty snipping tool/ cant download again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Falty snipping tool/ cant download again: I Uninstalled the snipping tool because it stopped working on my surface. Now I've tried to reinstall and it says "error on our end" and I can't find it anywhere in the past apps or anything. When I got to my app store it won't let me download ANY snipping tools. Please help...
  4. Identify drivers that trigger test mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Identify drivers that trigger test mode: I have just upgraded my license from Windows 10 Home x64 to Pro and now get the dreaded "Test Mode" all over my main screen, and I cannot find out how to locate the root cause or permanently turn of what ever check is being carried out. It seems to pop up an hour or so after...
  5. how to identify the driver causing 0xC1900101

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to identify the driver causing 0xC1900101: tried twice to go from 1909 to 2004 then twice to go from 1919 to 20H2 on an HP255 G6, fails with every time most often on boot the screen goes nuts - looks like the result you get when you try to use an unsupported resolution setting - and I have to hold the power key down...
  6. Problems with Game, BSOD, Driver Identifier, DUMPS, Memtest? ; Identifying broken driver...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems with Game, BSOD, Driver Identifier, DUMPS, Memtest? ; Identifying broken driver...: Hello there people, as seen in the Subject, it is a very complicated one and I will split it up in the parts I have in the subject. Link to the dump files so you can read while downloading: https://workupload.com/archive/msqLSVcQ password is dumpydump as I didn't want anybody...
  7. Identify a faulty driver

Identify a faulty driver: Hi ! It's been two weeks since I experienced a lot of BSOD One each day. They appear when I'm watching videos, talking on Teams or playing. I reinstalled Windows, updated all my drivers but I cannot find which driver is causing this error. I followed the driver verifier...
  8. Identifying driver causing BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Identifying driver causing BSOD: My laptop suddenly went into BSOD with the error IRQL_NOTLESS_OR_EQUAL. I tried using a bsod viewer to identify the driver but it just states ntoskrnl.exe. I have the dump files available, will it be helpful in identifying the driver that is causing this issue?...
  9. Best way to identify bad driver?

Best way to identify bad driver?: I'm getting BSODs with different causes, but the common element seems to be "bad driver." Is that a stock answer for all BSODs? Assuming that there is a bad driver, what's the best tools or methods to discover that? I'm having this issue on only one of my Windows 10 Pro...
  10. how to identify and uninstall duplicate drivers...?

how to identify and uninstall duplicate drivers...?: there are multiple drivers of motherboard resources, UMBus enumerator, ACPI Fan, ACPI thermal zone etc. should i uninstall these duplicates...? [ATTACH][ATTACH]...