Windows 10: Identify a faulty driver

Discus and support Identify a faulty driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi ! It's been two weeks since I experienced a lot of BSOD One each day. They appear when I'm watching videos, talking on Teams or playing. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bwaude, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Bwaude Win User

Identify a faulty driver

Hi !

It's been two weeks since I experienced a lot of BSOD One each day. They appear when I'm watching videos, talking on Teams or playing.

I reinstalled Windows, updated all my drivers but I cannot find which driver is causing this error.

I followed the driver verifier process and obtained some results that I don't understand.

Here is the link to my dmp files : https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag68vug_Vos0agQuq4pEC2WiqvY?e=hg4Dnf

I guess I'm not that far to find the solution to my problem. If someone can help me, I would be grateful !

Thank you and have a nice day all.

:)

Bwaude, Jun 18, 2020

2. verifier shows all drivers as faulty

I have been getting BSOD for some time so I used verifier to find out the faulty driver(it was suggested to me in the community). It showed the faulty driver, I uninstalled it.

then after few days I again got a BSOD. So I performed the verifier again, it again showed some other driver as faulty, I removed it too but again I got the BSOD and again the verifier showed some driver as faulty. So I am wondering if I am doing things
    right. Please guide me, what should I do further.

TusharParasrampuria, Jun 18, 2020
  3. touchpad driver update

Hi Chandrahasan,

Incompatible device drivers are known to operate against the method that Windows 10 follows. We suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to scan your computer, identify the problem, and attempt to fix the issue automatically. To run the
    troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Start icon and select Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on Hardware and Sound > Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, uninstall the touchpad driver, then follow these steps to check if the issue is driver related:

• Right-click on the name of your PC at the top of the list of devices in
      Device Manager
    • Select Scan for hardware changes to reinstall the device driver, or download and install the latest version from the manufacturer’s website.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Jun 18, 2020
  4. Identify a faulty driver

Multiple BSODs since Windows 10 Creators Update

Hi Carl,

In most cases, blue screen error is caused by faulty memory, corrupted device drivers, or faulty hardware. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we would like to clarify the following:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to avoid repeating the steps that you've already performed?
    • Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested on this thread? If yes, what are the results?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

Identify a faulty driver

1. Identify a faulty driver - Similar Threads - Identify faulty driver

2. How to identify faulty drivers from a MEMORY.DMP file caused by driver verifier?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to identify faulty drivers from a MEMORY.DMP file caused by driver verifier?: Running a Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044.System Model : VivoBook 15_ASUS Laptop X507UBR Barely 3 years oldRAM: 8GB SSD: Acer RE 100 2.5’’ 256GB 10 months oldI recently got a memory management blue screen error, followed by a S.M.A.R.T status bad.I have run...
  3. How to identify faulty drivers from a MEMORY.DMP file caused by driver verifier?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to identify faulty drivers from a MEMORY.DMP file caused by driver verifier?: Running a Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044.System Model : VivoBook 15_ASUS Laptop X507UBR Barely 3 years oldRAM: 8GB SSD: Acer RE 100 2.5’’ 256GB 10 months oldI recently got a memory management blue screen error, followed by a S.M.A.R.T status bad.I have run...
  4. How to identify faulty drivers from a MEMORY.DMP file caused by driver verifier?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. BSOD and faulty Drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD and faulty Drivers: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ZombieCharm [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/isqevu/bsod_and_faulty_drivers/
  6. How to fix faulty drivers?

How to fix faulty drivers?: My pc has been crashing alot lately, i have done various tests of my hardware and everything seems fine but my drivers installed seem to be causing problems and i cant seem to know which one so can anyone help me with an easy way to fix this problem automatic repair does not...
  7. Identify a falty driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Identify a falty driver: Hi ! It's been two weeks since I experienced a lot of BSOD One each day. They appear when I'm watching videos, talking on Teams or playing. I reinstalled Windows, updated all my drivers but I cannot find which driver is causing this error. I followed the driver verifier...
  8. Faulty driver problem?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Faulty driver problem?: I believe I may have installed drivers I shouldn't have installed a couple of weeks ago, because ever since, my CPU has had massive lag in everything it attempts, and has also had frequent blue screen reboots. The blue screens have also given me every message it could, from...
  9. Faulty drivers according to Driver View

Faulty drivers according to Driver View: I have been frequently getting BSoDs and I decided to use Driver View to find and fix the faulty drivers but I'm not sure how to use that app, if anyone can help me, I'd really appreciate that : Below is a link to my one drive file, it's a txt doc that has information...
  10. Faulty Power Management Drivers

Faulty Power Management Drivers: How do I get functional Lenovo T460s power management drivers? My Windows 10 gets at least one BSOD a day + a scrambled display after the laptop has switched between main power and battery. The laptop also switches to hibernation regardless of me turning the option off....