Windows 10: Identify the cause of CPU Spike and crash

Discus and support Identify the cause of CPU Spike and crash in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am using a Dell 5490 AIO since May and I still haven't figure out the cause of CPU spike. Now, it is causing a lot of trouble because my PC hang... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dhanz15, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Dhanz15 Win User

Identify the cause of CPU Spike and crash

I am using a Dell 5490 AIO since May and I still haven't figure out the cause of CPU spike. Now, it is causing a lot of trouble because my PC hang twice in the past 4 days. I checked Event Viewer and it only shows the Event 10010 Skype timeout error after the system crashed.

:)

Dhanz15, Sep 14, 2020

2. TiWorker.exe spikes in CPU usage and causes crash

I have done those, but I still have freezes and crashes. Doing the SFC /scannow resulted in a freeze in my computer. I believe the high CPU usage may be causing crashes. Would it not be possible for TiWorker to trigger a crash because of the massive spike
    in CPU usage caused by it? These crashes and freezes have only occurred in the last few days, and it seems weird to only crash while TiWorker spikes in CPU usage

LoganBatson, Sep 14, 2020
  3. TiWorker.exe spikes in CPU usage and causes crash

Recently my computer has been crashing a lot resulting in many BSOD's with mutliple different error codes. Some codes include: dpc watchdog violation, whea uncorrectable error, and system thread exception not handled. There is always a major spike in cpu
    usage from Windows Modules Installer Worker before each crash. Sometimes my computer will just freeze without crash, and I cannot open or do anything, and must restart my computer. What could I do to fix this?

I run 64-bit Windows 10, and I have no updates available

LoganBatson, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Identify the cause of CPU Spike and crash

Audiodg.exe Spikes Cpu Usage

Every 5 minutes or so audiodg.exe spikes my cpu usage to about 50% and any audio im playing cuts out and then comes back a second or 2 later. The video is completely fine and it's not a problem with
    my USB Headset. audiodg.exe stays at low cpu usage when it's not spiking.

Solutions I've tried:

1. turning off audio enhancements
    2. reinstalling lan, and audio drivers
    3. turning off HPET
    4. lowering the sound quality in control panel
    5. DPC Latency checker (no change when spiking)
    None of these solutions work. Please help.

samielamin, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Identify the cause of CPU Spike and crash

1. Identify the cause of CPU Spike and crash - Similar Threads - Identify cause CPU

2. CPU Spikes?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU Spikes?: I don't know why it's suddenly doing it but my CPU spikes massively when anything is plugged in or just randomly at times, my mouse is kinda broken it turns off and on cause the wire is kinda exposed, so if it plugs itself in and out my plug in executables goes up to like 30%...
  3. Bluetooth mouse causing CPU spike?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth mouse causing CPU spike?: Hi, I've been having an on and off issue lately with CPU spikes seemingly causes by a Bluetooth mouse. The easiest way for me to cause the issue is to let the mouse sit for a minute with no input and then click or move the mouse, at which point a seemingly random service will...
  4. Bluetooth mouse causing CPU spike?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth mouse causing CPU spike?: Hi, I've been having an on and off issue lately with CPU spikes seemingly causes by a Bluetooth mouse. The easiest way for me to cause the issue is to let the mouse sit for a minute with no input and then click or move the mouse, at which point a seemingly random service will...
  5. sppsvc causes spike on cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sppsvc causes spike on cpu: I got a windows 11 22H2 Home editionfrom OEM, i got an office 365 enterprise, but sppsvc always spike to 10-25% on my cpu which can cause heat for my laptop. Its really annoying, its not the first time i faced this issue, when i was using windows 10 on the same laptop as i am...
  6. sppsvc causes spike on cpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sppsvc causes spike on cpu: I got a windows 11 22H2 Home editionfrom OEM, i got an office 365 enterprise, but sppsvc always spike to 10-25% on my cpu which can cause heat for my laptop. Its really annoying, its not the first time i faced this issue, when i was using windows 10 on the same laptop as i am...
  7. cpu spike

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cpu spike: hello 1 week ago i bought pc and at first i could’t see any problems after some time i installed program for free and i thought it was a virus , after that i reinstalled windows more than 5 times dont ask me why :D, so for example when i have discord opened and i open task...
  8. Microsoft Store causes CPU temp spikes

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store causes CPU temp spikes: Hello, when I open Microsoft store I'm experiencing weird CPU heat spikes that occur every couple of seconds . The temperature gets from about °30C to about °42C. The issue persists even after exiting the app store and is resolved only after booting the PC. Any ideas?...
  9. Memory and CPU spikes causing slow PC.

Memory and CPU spikes causing slow PC.: I purchased a pre-built PC in December that has been running seemingly well for the past few months, however, every-so-often I will get huge lag and stutter while playing both online and offline games, even when only navigating chrome or discord, and when I check task manager...
  10. TiWorker.exe spikes in CPU usage and causes crash

TiWorker.exe spikes in CPU usage and causes crash: Recently my computer has been crashing a lot resulting in many BSOD's with mutliple different error codes. Some codes include: dpc watchdog violation, whea uncorrectable error, and system thread exception not handled. There is always a major spike in cpu usage from Windows...