Windows 10: Identifying auto updates

Discus and support Identifying auto updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; There's a program in my computer, I suspect from Adobe, auto-downloading updates in the background, and I'd like to find out which program it is.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by James500, Nov 25, 2016.

1. James500 Win User

Identifying auto updates

There's a program in my computer, I suspect from Adobe, auto-downloading updates in the background, and I'd like to find out which program it is.

I've checked Windows updates, update history, and it says "No updates have been installed yet." The box for "Give me updates for other Microsoft products," is not checked.

I'd like to find out which program is auto-downloading the updates.

Help!

:)

James500, Nov 25, 2016

2. Cannot change log-in screen backgound in Windows 10

I checked my auto update history and looks like this update has failed to install several times. I download the KB and tried to install, but the installer returns an error that this update is not for this computer. So, apparently my auto update has tried
    to install 1607 but it fails, and I cannot manually install as the updater identifies my computer as incompatible.

Any suggestions?

KanbunUechi, Nov 25, 2016
  3. win 10 enterprise says remove dot

Trying to upgrade Windows 10 Enterprise. Update downloaded from Microsoft and begins install. Then tells me that there is a application that needs to be removed before the update will install. Windows shows a dot (.) and not a program or anything remotely
    identifiable. Just a dot. Update auto remove states that it cannot remove the app and suggests that I remove it manually. So how does one manually remove an app that is just identified as a dot (.)?

walterm35McGhee, Nov 25, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Identifying auto updates

Hi try e.g. this:
    Portable Moo0 Connection Watcher Download
    Should allow to to accumulate a log of what's using your internet connection.

I'm wondering why you've not received any Windows updates...

Some possible download sources:
    Data updates for Windows apps
    AV updates.
    Updates for universal apps- scan is every 4 hours. (Task scheduler).
    Background updates for any desktop program (normally you are prompted to authorise this on installing them)

What is your concern? Excessive network usage?

Of possible interest: In Settings, search for Data Usage. You will find sthg like this (note Foxitreaderupdater):

Identifying auto updates [​IMG]

dalchina, Nov 25, 2016
Thema:

Identifying auto updates

1. Identifying auto updates - Similar Threads - Identifying auto updates

2. POSSIBLE SCRIPT, NOT IDENTIFIED AUTO START PROGRAM, CANT ERASE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    POSSIBLE SCRIPT, NOT IDENTIFIED AUTO START PROGRAM, CANT ERASE: Hello everyone, hope you are doing great even at these rough times.So, i discovered i have an auto start program named Bpoc550ai, unknown to me finding nothing on the webSome days ago i found a wierd program, something like a script at my C/: file i found it after reading...
  3. POSSIBLE SCRIPT, NOT IDENTIFIED AUTO START PROGRAM, CANT ERASE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    POSSIBLE SCRIPT, NOT IDENTIFIED AUTO START PROGRAM, CANT ERASE: Hello everyone, hope you are doing great even at these rough times.So, i discovered i have an auto start program named Bpoc550ai, unknown to me finding nothing on the webSome days ago i found a wierd program, something like a script at my C/: file i found it after reading...
  4. Auto update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Auto update: My wireless connection for my laptop is disconnected upon shutdown and auto update. I have to do a system restore to get internet connection restored. The auto update keeps installing something called "killer drivers". Very unsettling....
  5. Auto updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Auto updates: I think that we, as the owner of our computers, should have the option to update or not!!! I mean why would we buy a "personal" computer only to have Microsoft take it hostage!!!! Microsoft thinks they know what is best, but they do not take the time to get to know each of...
  6. Auto update

Auto update: Can I disable auto update in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/auto-update/710dd194-7a65-40aa-bf85-395c3f0825ba
  7. Auto updates

Auto updates: STOP forcing your damn updates. I bought 2 laptops last year and they are both corrupted because your updated are not compatible with a driver. That's according to Best Buy. The one goes to a blue screen and advised the updates didn't install completely. The other has...
  8. Auto updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Auto updates: I'm having trouble with the automatic part of the Microsoft automatic updates. My private connection is not free, and not unlimited. I want the updates, but I'd rather download them via a public (free) connection. My computer time is beginning to center around the automatic...
  9. Auto updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Auto updates: The trouble is, my private connection only allows 2 GB of bandwidth per month. I'd rather download the updates via a free public connection when I'm at a hot spot. But I don't know how to stop the updater from using my private connection. Help! 20766
  10. auto update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    auto update?: How can you turn on or off the auto updating of the information shown in the tiles when you click the start button? 3968