Windows 10: Identifying BSoD and potential hardware issues

Discus and support Identifying BSoD and potential hardware issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; While performing tasks on my laptop, I encountered a BSoD, but I wasn't able to see the error on-screen since I have auto-restart turned on. I didn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Josh_IB, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Josh_IB Win User

Identifying BSoD and potential hardware issues

While performing tasks on my laptop, I encountered a BSoD, but I wasn't able to see the error on-screen since I have auto-restart turned on. I didn't check the dump file immediately since I did not know of this yet, so when my laptop restarted I did a system diagnostic check using mdsched, since that was the only diagnostic I knew of but found no error. I also deleted the latest Windows update, thinking that may have been the cause of the problem. When I tried to look for the dump file, I found that the Minidump folder was empty and there was no MEMORY.DMP file in the Systems folder. When I tried opening programs, I noticed that performance was significantly slower, and after a day of usage, my laptop suddenly turned off even though it was charging, and I couldn't turn it on for half an hour. Now, it's working again, and I plan to bring it to a repair store, but since I need the laptop now and due to the COVID-19 travel restrictions, I can't bring it in right away and have to identify the problem myself. Any help would be much appreciated!

:)

Josh_IB, Jun 12, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Multiple BSOD hardware issue or driver issue ?

Hi Iriszer0,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

To have a better clarity on the issue and guide you accordingly, respond to the question listed below.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to try the steps listed in
    troubleshoot blue screen errors
    and check if it works.

Meanwhile you may also go through:

1. troubleshoot CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION
    2. troubleshoot CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
    3. troubleshoot SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jun 12, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    BSOD when updating W10 Insider Preview (installation)

The BSOD minidump did not display a definitive misbehaving driver.
    All of the BSOD have been C2 Bad pool caller.
    The suggested steps for finding cause and effect are RAM testing with Memtest86+ version 5.01 and Windows driver verifier.
    If the Memtest86+ version 5.01 displays malfunctioning RAM / DIMM /MB then the troubleshooting will be completed once the hardware component is identified. If the Memtest86+ version 5.01 is negative then the next step would be windows driver verifier.
    If you prefer a clean install that is another option if hardware is ruled out.

The memory dump will take a while to download. So it will be troubleshooted later today.

zbook, Jun 12, 2020
  4. Identifying BSoD and potential hardware issues

Headset problems, possibly audio drivers, or potentially hardware damage

Hi,

Please share a few details:

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Are you able to find an exclamation mark next to any drivers in device manager?
    If yes, I suggest you to right-click the driver and click on
    properties. Now check for the status of the driver. Check if you are able to find any error.

I also suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.
    Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

a. Press “Windows key + Q”.

b. Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.

c. Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.

d. Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.

e. Follow the On Screen instructions.

Hope this information helps!

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

Identifying BSoD and potential hardware issues

1. Identifying BSoD and potential hardware issues - Similar Threads - Identifying BSoD potential

2. How to debug potential hardware or driver issue in windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to debug potential hardware or driver issue in windows: May windows machine is sometimes not responding for < 1s, and in this time the fan is spinning at high speed, even if the system is not doing anything and the fan does not do anything hearable before and after.This happens probably about 20 times throughout the day, most...
  3. How to debug potential hardware or driver issue in windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to debug potential hardware or driver issue in windows: May windows machine is sometimes not responding for < 1s, and in this time the fan is spinning at high speed, even if the system is not doing anything and the fan does not do anything hearable before and after.This happens probably about 20 times throughout the day, most...
  4. How to debug potential hardware or driver issue in windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Help diagnosing potential hardware related BSOD "FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help diagnosing potential hardware related BSOD "FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE": I got a BSOD recently and I need help determining the problem. After the blue screen of death I found the dump file the system made and ran it through WinDbg to analyze the file. And I checked this forum and found someone with a similar issue and someone mentioned to run the...
  6. Help diagnosing potential hardware related BSOD "FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help diagnosing potential hardware related BSOD "FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE": I got a BSOD recently and I need help determining the problem. After the blue screen of death I found the dump file the system made and ran it through WinDbg to analyze the file. And I checked this forum and found someone with a similar issue and someone mentioned to run the...
  7. Help diagnosing potential hardware related BSOD "FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Identify hardware error.

Identify hardware error.: Hi I have been getting this error its drivng me mad, how can i figure out which hardware is causing it? Its happened a few times this week. I have updated my graphics card drivers. and checked that my mother board drivers, bios etc is uptodate. Thanks [ATTACH]...
  9. BSOD Potentially Driver Issues or Hardware?

BSOD Potentially Driver Issues or Hardware?: Hi Please see my previous thread here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/programs-crashing-and-performance-issuesfreezing/00bd4dcc-47e5-4a40-a3a0-0d6f31156b34? In summary, I've done a clean install of Windows 10, replaced the GPU, replaced the CMOS...
  10. BSOD Potential Driver Issue

BSOD Potential Driver Issue: Hi, I have been having BSOD issues with different errors popping up. While researching each error it points to either a driver or hardware issues that I haven't been able to track down. The latest one lead me to the instructions to upload DMP files for review after forcing a...