Windows 10: Identifying computer

Discus and support Identifying computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Office is installed on laptop blah blah but this doesn't match device blah blah. where do I find all this info on my laptops to to match up all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kindredspirit76, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Identifying computer

Office is installed on laptop blah blah but this doesn't match device blah blah. where do I find all this info on my laptops to to match up all the devices and products. It might as well be in greek. I don't want office on a small laptop but I do want it on my large one

:)

kindredspirit76, Dec 13, 2018

2. Printer Network Bridge Not Identifying Computer

Hi Bryan,

Thank you for the update on the issue.

If issue persists, then try the steps provided below and see if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to try running Printer troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Printer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Method 2: Change permissions

I would suggest you to check if the user account has permission to print and manage the printer. Refer these steps:

a) Press Windows key +C, select control panel

b) Under Hardware and devices, select view devices and printers

c) Locate your printer and right click

d) Click on the Printer properties from the menu and select security tab

e) Select your user account name from the list of user accounts

f) Make sure that all the check boxes against the permissions are marked as “Allow”.

If the permission is already set as “allow”, then this could be a network setting issue. Check if your account is configured correctly to the network and check the network options.

Method 3: Re-install the printer

If the permission settings and the network settings are set correctly and yet you are facing this issue, I would suggest uninstall and re-install the printer and check. You can follow the steps provided below to do so:

Note: Please make sure that you have the setup file for the driver of the printer before uninstalling the current version.

a) Press Windows and x key together and click on Device Manager.

b) Locate the printer driver and expand the driver icon.

c) Right click on the driver icon and click on Uninstall.

d) Follow the onscreen instructions to uninstall the driver.

e) Locate the setup file of the driver for the printer.

f) Double Click on the setup file and follow the onscreen instructions to reinstall the driver.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Dec 13, 2018
  3. Advise for/against engineering sample cpu

So are they identifiable through a print on the dye, BIOS or CPUZ (family, stepping, Model, revision) ?

Can anyone post a CPUZ of an ES cpu please?

It could equally be a genuine part being "suggestively" marketed.

CAPSLOCKSTUCK, Dec 13, 2018
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Identifying computer

Computer Not Working

Hi,

Failure to access the Start menu and missing icons can be caused by a corrupted user profile. To isolate your concern, we suggest that you perform the following steps to trigger
    Safe Mode through the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) option and create a new user account. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Improper shutdown process
      • Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo is visible, unplug the power source of your computer. Perform this step three times.
      • On the fourth time that you turn on your computer, just simply wait for the
        Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) window to appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click
      Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the
      F4
      key to start your computer in Safe Mode.

Once you were able to access Safe Mode, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to create a local user or administrator
    account in Windows 10. By doing this, we may identify if this is an account related issue. The link also contains all the necessary information including the step on how to set up a new account in Windows 10.

Give us an update with the outcome.

Sher Amo, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

Identifying computer

1. Identifying computer - Similar Threads - Identifying computer

2. Computer freezes and/or crashes. Frequent blue screens. Cant identify the cause.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes and/or crashes. Frequent blue screens. Cant identify the cause.: I am on Win11. Computer freezes for a few seconds and then crashes. This happens every 10 - 15 minutes when I am trying to play games on Steam. We reset computer to an old image we had from about 1 year ago close to clean install state and then reinstalled all games and other...
  3. Computer freezes and/or crashes. Frequent blue screens. Cant identify the cause.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezes and/or crashes. Frequent blue screens. Cant identify the cause.: I am on Win11. Computer freezes for a few seconds and then crashes. This happens every 10 - 15 minutes when I am trying to play games on Steam. We reset computer to an old image we had from about 1 year ago close to clean install state and then reinstalled all games and other...
  4. How do I identify the cause of my stuttering on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I identify the cause of my stuttering on my computer?: When I'm on my computer, after about 2-3 days of it being on. The mouse on the desktop itself will stutter when I move it, and when I play games ill notice FPS stuttering along with it. I had this issue before about 6 months ago and I decided to reformat my computer. Once...
  5. How do I identify the cause of my stuttering on my computer?

How do I identify the cause of my stuttering on my computer?: When I'm on my computer, after about 2-3 days of it being on. The mouse on the desktop itself will stutter when I move it, and when I play games ill notice FPS stuttering along with it. I had this issue before about 6 months ago and I decided to reformat my computer. Once...
  6. How do I identify the cause of my stuttering on my computer?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Sudden Change in Computer Performance - Unable to Identify Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sudden Change in Computer Performance - Unable to Identify Issue: Hello,I built my PC back in December, and everything up to this point has been fine. Recently, maybe a week ago, I noticed some strange behavior: the screen will lag, and the computer freezes for up to a second before the display shows the new state. This includes typing,...
  8. Sudden Change in Computer Performance - Unable to Identify Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden Change in Computer Performance - Unable to Identify Issue: Hello,I built my PC back in December, and everything up to this point has been fine. Recently, maybe a week ago, I noticed some strange behavior: the screen will lag, and the computer freezes for up to a second before the display shows the new state. This includes typing,...
  9. Sudden Change in Computer Performance - Unable to Identify Issue

10. No networks appearing under wireless networks; computer cannot identify wireless networks...

No networks appearing under wireless networks; computer cannot identify wireless networks...: Today my Windows 10 computer is suddenly unable to connect to the internet at all. When I click on the internet button in the bottom righthand corner, the only option available is Network & Internet Settings and Airplane Mode which is turned off. All the other options are...