Windows 10: Identifying internet access problem

Discus and support Identifying internet access problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; About 4 days ago I started randomly having a problem where my internet connection drops on my laptop and it says "identifying internet access" for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Naisenhower, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Identifying internet access problem

About 4 days ago I started randomly having a problem where my internet connection drops on my laptop and it says "identifying internet access" for about 5 seconds then reconnects. This problem occurs on WiFi and Ethernet. Other devices can connect and do not experience the same problem on this network. I've updated/re-installed my drivers and networking card. I've followed through a few community posts others have posted on about going into command prompt as admin and doing about 5 commands then restarting and that hasn't worked either. I've turned off the feature in power management about disabling it for power saving.

:)

Naisenhower, Nov 5, 2018
  2. Jay Jap Win User

Mobile hotspot Connected but no internet access

Try to run the Network Troubleshooter by following these steps:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

We also suggest that you contact the OEM's support team to get additional help and to install the latest wireless drivers for your specific machine.

For further queries, feel free to post back.

Jay Jap, Nov 5, 2018
  3. No Internet access

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Since from when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    I would suggest you to follow the below steps and try resolving the issue.

Step 1:Run inbuilt
    Internet connection troubleshooter
    and Network Adapter troubleshooter

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter.

• Also run the Network Adapter troubleshooter
      and check if the issue resolves.
    If the issue doesn’t resolve check with next step.

Step 2: I would also suggest you to check with the below link to check how to resolve Wired and wireless network problems.

Wired and wireless network problems: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...2&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 5, 2018
  4. Identifying internet access problem

Unable to access YouTube websites on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the YouTube on Windows browsers, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code while trying to access the web pages?
    • Does this issue specific only with YouTube?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

Try the below workarounds to identify what is causing the issue:

• Try to access YouTube in different browser and check if it is working fine. This will let us know if the issue is with the website/ the Microsoft browsers.
    • Also, try to access different website on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.

Try the below troubleshooting steps to access the website and check if it helps.

Method 1: For Internet Explorer

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type
      troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click on Internet Explorer Performance
      and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: If the issue is only on Internet Explorer and to specific website, I suggest you to view the website in compatibility view to check if the issue is confined to compatibility.

Steps to view the website in compatibility view:

• Open Internet Explorer
      and open the website.
    • Click on Gear/ Settings icon at the right-top corner of the window.
    • Click on Compatibility View Settings, click on Add
      to add the website and click on Close.
    • Reopen the website and check if the issue persists.

Step 3: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to access the website in
    InPrivate mode and check.

InPrivate Browsing enables you to surf the web without leaving a trail in Internet Explorer. This helps prevent anyone else who might be using your computer from seeing what sites you visited and what you looked at on the web. You can start InPrivate
    Browsing from the New Tab page or the Safety button.

Steps to open the browser in InPrivate mode:

Open Internet Explorer, press Shift+Ctrl+P
    to open the browser in InPrivate mode and try to access the website.

Method 2: For Microsoft Edge:

I suggest you to check if the Adobe Flash player is enabled on Microsoft Edge.

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on More actions
      (...) in the right-top corner of Microsoft Edge window.
    • Click on Settings, scroll down and click on
      Advanced settings
    • Enable Use Adobe Flash Player
    • Check if the issue persists with accessing the YouTube websites.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status to access YouTube website on Microsoft browsers for further

assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

Identifying internet access problem

1. Identifying internet access problem - Similar Threads - Identifying internet access

2. No internet access problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet access problem: Hello! I need help with Wi-fi network problem, which is "No internet, secured" error, I tried almost everything to solve it, for example network reset, CMD commands, restarting, but without success. Please, could someone help me solve this issue?...
  3. No internet access problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet access problem: Hello! I need help with Wi-fi network problem, which is "No internet, secured" error, I tried almost everything to solve it, for example network reset, CMD commands, restarting, but without success. Please, could someone help me solve this issue?...
  4. No internet access problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Identified problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Identified problem: Hi I am user windows 10.I have a lenovo ideapad i7Recently I encountered an problem that is So Irritating.In this screenshot the drive is corrupted and I dont know how to fix it. Well, I have 180 space free why it is full, and I can't access to administrative parts and can't...
  6. "Identifying internet access"

"Identifying internet access": So I was connecting to my wifi like usual and went I was connecting it only shows three bars and after I reconnect it shows 4 bars but "Identifying Internet access" and after about 10-15 secs it shows "<NAME> Internet Access like usualSo. Why is this like this?...
  7. No internet access problem

No internet access problem: I had gotten a new pci adapter today but after installing the new drivers I have gotten the no internet access problem. Solutions I've tried 1.Network Adapter Troubleshooter 2.Reset the router 3.Reset Windows Sockets API using netsh winsock reset netsh int ip reset...
  8. Identifying the Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Identifying the Problem: Problem signature Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 141 Parameter 1: ffff948c531b11f0 Parameter 2: fffff8033ba84858 Parameter 3: 0 Parameter 4: e8 OS version: 10_0_18363 Service Pack: 0_0 Product: 768_1 OS Version: 10.0.18363.2.0.0.768.101 Locale ID: 1033 Date...
  9. identifying no internet access ethernet windows 10

identifying no internet access ethernet windows 10: under Ethernet shows no internet not connected windows 10, wifi working with netgear usb adaptor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/identifying-no-internet-access-ethernet-windows-10/df80c9e4-2661-4fc8-a36c-06ea38b37bcd
  10. Problems Accessing Internet

Problems Accessing Internet: I just purchased this refurbished computer and had it activated yesterday. Since Activation, I have not been able to completely access the Internet. I most often get the message: "Can't reach this Page." I have Windows 10 Home (Version 1607); a Dell Desktop OptiPlex 745;...