Windows 10: Identifying issues found in sfc /scannow

Discus and support Identifying issues found in sfc /scannow in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I'm doing some PC troubleshooting. Windows found some errors when I ran the system file checker. I ran DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SpoopyRobot, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Identifying issues found in sfc /scannow

Hi,

I'm doing some PC troubleshooting.
    Windows found some errors when I ran the system file checker.
    I ran DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth followed by sfc /scannow in an administrative cmd.

I've attached the CBS and SFCdetails.
    I'm hoping somebody can help narrow or identify the issues.
    Please let me know if you need additional logs or info.

Thanks for the help!

:)

SpoopyRobot, Jul 22, 2019

2. SFC scannow not working but verify only is working

there is no problem in chkdsk I've checked When I select command prompt and sfc scannow from f8 and repair.. it shows that a reboot is required for pending repair and pending renames folder in winsxs is full of files.. what should I do??

ELiTRiGG3R, Jul 22, 2019
  3. lvgandhi Win User
    sfc /scannow error

Thanks.
    After above steps, I rebooted my laptop and did sfc /scannow. It is OK now.

lvgandhi, Jul 22, 2019
  4. Identifying issues found in sfc /scannow

sfc /scannow won't complete

Hi,

As per the information, I suggest that you run SFC in Safe Mode with admin privileges and check if the same issue occurs.

If the issue persist, you can check for the following:

1. Scan the Hard Drive for Errors

The first thing to do is to tell Windows you want to perform a file system check on the hard drive to ensure there are no errors. If there are errors on the drive, 'sfc /scannow' may fail.

To scan the drive for errors, do the following:

• Open an administrative command prompt. In Windows XP, click Start -> Run, and type in "cmd.exe" and press Enter. Click Start and type in "cmd" (no quotes). Wait for Command Prompt or CMD.EXE to appear in the list of options and right click it, then select
      "Run as Administrator".
    • A black command prompt window will appear on the screen. Highlight the following text with your mouse: "chkdsk /x /f /r" (do not include the quotes), then right click over the highlighted text and select Copy. Next, go to the command prompt and right click
      in the middle of the window and select Paste from the dialogue menu. The command you copied should have output to the command prompt. If it did not, repeat this step until it does. After the command is output, press Enter on your keyboard to execute it. When
      prompted, press "Y" to have chkdsk scan your hard drive for errors on the next reboot.

2. Enable the Hidden Administrator Account

Next we'll enable the hidden administrator account so that you can perform the 'sfc /scannow' command in a clean environment.

To do so:

• Highlight the following text with your mouse: "net user administrator /active:yes" (do not include the quotes), then right click over the highlighted text and select Copy. Next, go to the command prompt and right click in the middle of the window and select
      Paste from the dialogue menu. The command you copied should have output to the command prompt. If it did not, repeat this step until it does. After the command is output, press Enter on your keyboard to execute it.
    • Please note that you will most likely want to disable the administrator account after you have finished making changes listed in this document, otherwise anyone will be able to login to your computer as the administrator user without using a password and
      make changes to the system without any authorization. You can disable the administrator account using the exact steps you just took above, except you would replace "net user administrator /active:yes" with "net user administrator /active:no".

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

Identifying issues found in sfc /scannow

1. Identifying issues found in sfc /scannow - Similar Threads - Identifying issues found

2. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    sfc /scannow: Hi all, does anyone know anything about the logs in sfc /scannow? When I scan my Windows I get no integrity violations however in my logs I see a few things such as: 0000018b Warning: Overlap: Directory \??\C:\Program Files (x86)\ is owned twice or has its security set...
  3. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sfc /scannow: i ran sfc /scannow and got when it reched around 54% i got the followingmessage "Windows Resources Protection could not perform the requested operation" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow/425af61f-5e61-4f8e-badc-1e44ae02698e
  4. SFC/Scannow found a corrupted file.

SFC/Scannow found a corrupted file.: Hello, computer games keep randomly crashing and computer gets BSOD a lot, this is a new build. I ran SFC/scannow and it said there was corrupted files, is there somewhere I can send the report to? I would prefer not to take it to a shop, but will if I have to....
  5. sfc /scannow

sfc /scannow: when I run sfc /scannow in command prompt it will only run to 71% and than it stop, how can i fix that problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow/5f81a97e-769a-413c-8139-2871d8c08b5f
  6. sfc /scannow found corrupt files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sfc /scannow found corrupt files: Good evening, How to fix corrupt files that could not be repaired with sfc tool? I executed DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and gave me this error: "Error 0x800f081f, The source files could not be found. Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the...
  7. Ran sfc /scannow. Found corrupt files.

Ran sfc /scannow. Found corrupt files.: Hi, I ran sfc /scannow on my Windows 10 desktop and got the response below: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.523] (c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow Beginning system scan. This process will take some time....
  8. sfc /scannow found uncorrectable errors....

sfc /scannow found uncorrectable errors....: csfc /scannow found uncorretable errors.... Post here or a different thread? Can someone help fix or should I continue over to MS? [img] Also.... What does the 'Fresh Start' accomplish? Will this correct the errors that sfc couldn't repair?...
  9. Problems found after running sfc /scannow

Problems found after running sfc /scannow: WINDOWS\diagnostics\system\Apps" is not owned but specifies SDDL in component Microsoft-Windows-AppsDiagnostic, pA = amd64, nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} 26799
  10. sfc /scannow found errors

sfc /scannow found errors: I ran "sfc /scannow" just for the heck of it and it found the following errors. CbsPersist_20150814233244.zip [img] Can anyone decipher the issue(s) it's pointing to? And perhaps know how to resolve it? 17116