Windows 10: Identifying my personal photos when running as screensaver in Windows 10

Discus and support Identifying my personal photos when running as screensaver in Windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi. I have thousands of digital photos- from ones taken in the 1990's, when the only way you got digital photos was having them burned to a CD, to my... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by KeithWS, Dec 23, 2020.

1. KeithWS Win User

Identifying my personal photos when running as screensaver in Windows 10

Hi.

I have thousands of digital photos- from ones taken in the 1990's, when the only way you got digital photos was having them burned to a CD, to my current photos taken with my cellphone and digital camera.

While I use back up services like Google Photos and OneDrive, I still maintain all my photos in my own personal drives at home with back up drives I keep other places. My photos are arranged in File Explorer folders by date and subject.

So I can run a Windows 10 Lock Screen Background Slideshow OR a Screensaver Photos slideshow, which allow me to cycle all my photos RANDOMLY once I am done with the computer.

The only difference between the two is the Lock Screen Background Slideshow uses the Ken Burns effect, can show multiple photos and has the date and time, whereas the Screensaver Photos slideshow shows entire single photos.

It is quite enjoyable walking by my 26 inch all in one desktop and seeing various photos from my life and family over 25 years.

THE PROBLEM- my family can't always figure out Where and When the photo came from if it has been too long. And it does not appear that Windows 10 lets you freeze or select a photo to identify either when it was taken or what folder it is from.

QUESTION- Anyone know of a program that can monitor the slideshow to help me pin down photo info? I know I could use Plex or the Windows Photos App to run a slideshow with info, but then I have to start it every time I am done with the computer. Sort of defeats the purpose.

Thanks to anyone with an answer, and sorry for the long details.

:)

KeithWS, Dec 23, 2020
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Identifying my personal photos when running as screensaver in Windows 10 :)

terrace, Dec 23, 2020
  3. Scorp2017 Win User
    Personalizing a Screensaver

I was curious as to whether or not anyone knows of a program, app, or Windows setting that allows a user to take a standard photo slide-show style screensaver, and add your own photo transition effects? I found the standard 'choose a folder and we'll
    flip through all the photos at a speed you choose' screensaver, but I'd like to, say.. add a fade-out effect for the photo transition, or maybe have one shrink and bounce around the screen showing the next until it fills it with after-images and then changes
    to a third. A truly personal and original screensaver, (and preferably done with freeware or inexpensive software as I doubt I missed a Windows option that gives me that much leeway with creativity), that still works with Windows 10 or even better, plugs
    into it's screensaver options menu in the Control Panel. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks.

Scorp2017, Dec 23, 2020
  4. Identifying my personal photos when running as screensaver in Windows 10

Windows 10 Photos app doesn't run.

Hi,

Incompatible software installed in your PC can conflict with Windows apps and cause performance issues. We can suggest several troubleshooting steps to isolate and resolve the issue. As an initial recommendation, you can run the

Windows app troubleshooter
    . This will identify the cause of the issue and provide you further suggestions for troubleshooting steps.

If the issue persists, you can uninstall the Photos app and reinstall it by doing the steps below:

• Type Windows PowerShell in the search box at the taksbar.
    • In the search results, right click on Windows PowerShell and
      Run as administrator.
    • On the Powershell prompt, type: get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage.
    • Press Enter.
    • Once uninstalled, you can reinstall the app from this
      link

Let us know if the suggestions above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

Identifying my personal photos when running as screensaver in Windows 10

1. Identifying my personal photos when running as screensaver in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Identifying personal photos

2. Windows 10 Photo screensaver "hides" most of photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Photo screensaver "hides" most of photos: I recently upgraded my monitor from a standard Connection into an HDMI connection. Once I did that my screen saver now shows borders of pictures and the center of the screen is simply black. I'd like to have my photo slideshow back if possible, Please and Thank you....
  3. Windows 10 Photo screensaver "hides" most of photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Photo screensaver "hides" most of photos: I recently upgraded my monitor from a standard Connection into an HDMI connection. Once I did that my screen saver now shows borders of pictures and the center of the screen is simply black. I'd like to have my photo slideshow back if possible, Please and Thank you....
  4. Windows 10 Photo screensaver "hides" most of photos

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Identifying a person in a family photo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Identifying a person in a family photo: Hello Everyone,I have a family group photo that has about twenty members. I would like to send that photo to someone, but I would like to identify each family member so the person I'll be sending that photo to will know who's who? Is there a way I can do that on my desktop?...
  6. Identifying a person in a family photo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Identifying a person in a family photo: Hello Everyone,I have a family group photo that has about twenty members. I would like to send that photo to someone, but I would like to identify each family member so the person I'll be sending that photo to will know who's who? Is there a way I can do that on my desktop?...
  7. Identifying a person in a family photo

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  8. No photos screensaver

No photos screensaver: This seems to have happened since the last Windows update. I had a photo set as 'wallpaper' or background but also had a screensaver which showed photos from my photo gallery - each one for a few seconds. But I cant seem to set this up now. Any help appreciated. Thanks...
  9. Photos as Screensaver

Photos as Screensaver: I have a strange problem. I have a large inventory of photos that I have set up as a screensaver. The photos are in a designated folder within the Photos folder. It is set to rotate randomly. The inventory consist of about 400 pictures. For some reason, the random...
  10. Photos folder when in personalization

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos folder when in personalization: Hi, Can someone please tell me how I can access the photos that I see when I personalize my background? I would like to use the pics for other uses and just have them on my computer, but I cant find them. Are they in the cloud? Thank you, Rachel928861...