Windows 10: identifying photos before downloading them to laptop

Discus and support identifying photos before downloading them to laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am unable to identify photos on a device and categorise them before down loading to laptop, with windows 10. the old camera scanner wizard software... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by merrowsbasics, Sep 19, 2020.

1. identifying photos before downloading them to laptop

I am unable to identify photos on a device and categorise them before down loading to laptop, with windows 10.

the old camera scanner wizard software allowed you identify groups of photos give them a name then save them to a designated folder on a lap top .

Is there software available to recreate the old system as I am unable to make windows 10 do the same.

:)

merrowsbasics, Sep 19, 2020
  2. msgbdm Win User

Downloading photos in Windows 10

Downloading from Panasonic digital camera.

I have followed the steps but "Import/Export photos doesn't appear in the dropdown list. Since this is the first time I am downloading into this computer with Windows 10 it was suggested that I need to load new drivers but I can't seem to find them.

msgbdm, Sep 19, 2020
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done identifying photos before downloading them to laptop :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Sep 19, 2020
  4. Drone Win User

identifying photos before downloading them to laptop

Space images thread

identifying photos before downloading them to laptop [​IMG]

• Evidence that some early supermassive black holes formed directly from the collapse of a gas cloud has been found.
    • These results could represent a major step in the understanding of how the Universe's first giant black holes formed.
    • Two candidate black hole "seeds" have been identified, possibly at < 1 billion years after the Big Bang.
    • Astronomers combined data from Chandra, Hubble, and Spitzer to make this discovery.

Drone, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

identifying photos before downloading them to laptop

1. identifying photos before downloading them to laptop - Similar Threads - identifying photos before

2. Downloaded photos onto laptop and then opened them individually. After I closed them again...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloaded photos onto laptop and then opened them individually. After I closed them again...: Downloaded photos onto laptop and then opened them individually. After I closed them again they disappeared from my laptop downloads. Where can I find them?...
  3. Downloaded photos onto laptop and then opened them individually. After I closed them again...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloaded photos onto laptop and then opened them individually. After I closed them again...: Downloaded photos onto laptop and then opened them individually. After I closed them again they disappeared from my laptop downloads. Where can I find them?...
  4. Identifying a person in a family photo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Identifying a person in a family photo: Hello Everyone,I have a family group photo that has about twenty members. I would like to send that photo to someone, but I would like to identify each family member so the person I'll be sending that photo to will know who's who? Is there a way I can do that on my desktop?...
  5. Identifying a person in a family photo

Identifying a person in a family photo: Hello Everyone,I have a family group photo that has about twenty members. I would like to send that photo to someone, but I would like to identify each family member so the person I'll be sending that photo to will know who's who? Is there a way I can do that on my desktop?...
  6. Identifying a person in a family photo

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  7. scan your downloaded files before running them.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    scan your downloaded files before running them.: you like to downlod apps . But you do not know your downlod has a malwere or a virus ? You can scan the file after you downloading it if you have SMADAV or AVAST antivirus right click your downloadif you have avast sellect scan the scellected fil for virusesif you are...
  8. Identifying favourites in windows photo viewer

in Windows 10 Support
    Identifying favourites in windows photo viewer: Hi guys, Ive got several folders of photos and quite a few of the photos I have favourited in windows photo viewer. Is it possible to see which photos have been favourited within a folder without having to open photo viewer? Id like to make a folder of all my favourites....
  9. Identifying multiple people in a photo

Identifying multiple people in a photo: I have a lot of old photos scanned to my computer. I’ve set up face recognition and tagging. Now I want to know who is the third person from the left in a picture with 10 people in it. I have the person’s name tagged in the photo but can’t find a way to identify which of the...
  10. IPhone photo download to laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IPhone photo download to laptop: This is a TWO PART QUESTION... 1... This morning my new computer with Windows 10 asked me how I would like to open the window when I plug in my iPhone... I mistakenly said download photos and videos... I'd rather change that to OPEN FILE FOLDER... How do I change the...