Windows 10: identifying scams

Discus and support identifying scams in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How can you identify a legimitate e-mail from MIcrosoft?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by OscarRank, Nov 8, 2018.

1. OscarRank Win User

identifying scams

How can you identify a legimitate e-mail from MIcrosoft?

:)

OscarRank, Nov 8, 2018
  2. Jsssssssss, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

identifying scams

1. identifying scams - Similar Threads - identifying scams

2. Best way to identify bad driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Best way to identify bad driver?: I'm getting BSODs with different causes, but the common element seems to be "bad driver." Is that a stock answer for all BSODs? Assuming that there is a bad driver, what's the best tools or methods to discover that? I'm having this issue on only one of my Windows 10 Pro...
  3. Help identifying BSOD?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help identifying BSOD?: I'm running Windows 10 and my 2 month old computer crashed a couple of times over the last few weeks while playing a video game (PUBG to be specific, and both crashes occurred on menu screen). I'd like to figure out the cause if at all possible. The dump file can be found...
  4. How to identify the manufacturer of popup update requests?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to identify the manufacturer of popup update requests?: I get frequent popup update requests at lower right of screen. Only one of these is identifiable: Macrium I assumed all the others were M$. But yesterday, I clicked on an unknown popup, using a long stick and wearing a gas mask, in case I was infected. The popup was from...
  5. Disk 5 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks

Disk 5 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks: hey all, I am looking for some help with my external HDD's I have 3 x 8TB Seagate Backup+ Drives and 1 2TB Seagate Backup+ plugged into my PC via separate USB ports. All drives except the 2TB have external power supplies. all my hdd's shut down when I am using them and...
  6. How can I identify duplicate folders and file using Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I identify duplicate folders and file using Windows 10: How can I identify and delete duplicate folders and files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-identify-duplicate-folders-and-file/e2b4eef0-c3d6-4c4f-928b-636b351f81dc"
  7. Paste Hyperlink into Word Gives Error: Microsoft Office has identified

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Paste Hyperlink into Word Gives Error: Microsoft Office has identified: I am running Windows 10 Home with Office 365. I often copy and paste an article with images from the internet into Word. For the past 2 days, I get a message: "Microsoft Office has identified a potential security concern. The selection contains fields that could be used to...
  8. My Ipod nano 7th generation detected but can not be identified properly on Itunes

My Ipod nano 7th generation detected but can not be identified properly on Itunes: I have this problem that when I connect my Ipod nano 7th gen on Itues i get this message: Detected but can not be identified properly on Itunes I have already manually updated the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver but still same problem.. Can someone help My Iphone...
  9. My usb flash drive is identified by Device manager (0 bytes) and windows explorer as USB...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My usb flash drive is identified by Device manager (0 bytes) and windows explorer as USB...: My W 10 Laptop signals when I disconnect my flash drive. DeviceManager says Generic USB Flash Disk USB Device. It is a 32GB drive. Can any one help, please?...
  10. Amkette USB 3.0 hub identified as "Generic USB hub". How to get it working as 3.0?

Amkette USB 3.0 hub identified as "Generic USB hub". How to get it working as 3.0?: The Amkette USB 3.0 hub has 4 Usb 3.0 ports (blue). I made sure to connect the hub with a Usb 3.0 (Blue) Type B to Type A cable. I also made sure to connect it at the back of my motherboard to a Usb 3.0 port (Blue). But it is identified in windows 10 as "Generic USB hub"...