Windows 10: Identifying the correct product key

Discus and support Identifying the correct product key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm about to upgrade my computer for the first time since Windows 10 came out, and it is a substantial upgrade (including the motherboard.) I have four... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Greybird, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Greybird Win User

Identifying the correct product key

I'm about to upgrade my computer for the first time since Windows 10 came out, and it is a substantial upgrade (including the motherboard.) I have four computers in the house running Windows 10. Two of them use upgrade licenses from Windows 7, two have retail copies purchased from Amazon. My Amazon account has three keys: my two, plus one I purchased on behalf of a friend when I was setting up his new system.

I need to find out which product key is associated with this computer. It could be any of the three listed on my Amazon account (one of which is not actually mine), or (potentially) it could be one of the upgrade licenses and I'd need to buy a new copy of Windows with my upgrade.

How in the world do I figure out which one is on one specific PC?

:)

Greybird, Jan 2, 2020
  2. AndreTen Win User

Where is my Product Key if I want to re-install?

Like davidhk said. But if you really want to see your windows key, I would suggest Belarc advisor. It will give you some useful information about your system, product keys of your software is among them (not only Microsoft, you will have listed most of your keys).

AndreTen, Jan 2, 2020
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Product key

Hi Megan,

A product key is used when activating a software.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps that can resolve your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• What product are you trying to activate?
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Office application?
    • Which version of Office are you trying to activate? To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this
      link.
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Windows?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Jan 2, 2020
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 not activating from product key

Hi,

The error 0xc004f050 usually means that the product key that you are using is invalid. Product key is key sensitive, we suggest making sure that you type all the correct letters of the product key from the email that you've received.

Furthermore, if all letters are typed correctly and issue still persists, we suggest running the
    activation troubleshooter of Windows that can help in identifying and providing fixes for the issue.

Don't hesitate to update us with the result.

Mayra Aqu, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Identifying the correct product key - Similar Threads - Identifying correct product

2. I entered correct Product key to the option "Change Product Key", but it says that 'The...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I entered correct Product key to the option "Change Product Key", but it says that 'The...: I found my Product key from command prompt admin, but when I try to activate it, it prompts an error that the product key didn't work, Try again. I checked it twice and it was correct, but it isn't activating, help....
  3. I entered correct Product key to the option "Change Product Key", but it says that 'The...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I entered correct Product key to the option "Change Product Key", but it says that 'The...: I found my Product key from command prompt admin, but when I try to activate it, it prompts an error that the product key didn't work, Try again. I checked it twice and it was correct, but it isn't activating, help....
  4. I entered correct Product key to the option "Change Product Key", but it says that 'The...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cannot Find Correct Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Find Correct Product Key: I found 2 different product keys in Windows 10.I ran Command Prompt and Power Shell as admini.strtor. They gave me the same product key.ThenI wanted to make certain I had the right one I went to Registry and looked there. It gave me a completely different product key.Which is...
  6. Cannot Find Correct Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Find Correct Product Key: I found 2 different product keys in Windows 10.I ran Command Prompt and Power Shell as admini.strtor. They gave me the same product key.ThenI wanted to make certain I had the right one I went to Registry and looked there. It gave me a completely different product key.Which is...
  7. Cannot Find Correct Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. How to choose the correct product key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to choose the correct product key?: I have a Windows 10 Pro license and product key associated with my Microsoft Account. I bought a new laptop but it came with Windows 10 Home. I signed up into the new laptop using my Microsoft Account. Now, how do I get the version of Windows 10 Home on the new laptop to...
  9. How to identify correct Windows 10 version for my Product Key

How to identify correct Windows 10 version for my Product Key: When I got my Laptop, I had the preinstalled Windows 8. I upgraded it to Windows 10 and everything worked fine. Then my hard disk formatted and the repair guy installed the wrong version of Windows 10which is not activating now. Is there a way I can identify what is the...
  10. Need help identifying the correct Windows 10 key

Need help identifying the correct Windows 10 key: I'm about to upgrade my computer for the first time since Windows 10 came out, and it is a substantial upgrade including the motherboard. I have four computers in the house running Windows 10. Two of them use upgrade licenses from Windows 7, two have retail copies purchased...