Windows 10: Idiotic restrictions on the use of funds in my Microsoft Account

Discus and support Idiotic restrictions on the use of funds in my Microsoft Account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Why are there restrictions on the use of funds in my Microsoft Account? I only have a Microsoft account so that my 11 year old son could have an Xbox... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MrBombastic1, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Idiotic restrictions on the use of funds in my Microsoft Account

Why are there restrictions on the use of funds in my Microsoft Account?

I only have a Microsoft account so that my 11 year old son could have an Xbox account.

His account is linked to mine and I have to pay for everything in his account.

In error, I have added £50 to my account instead of his Xbox account.

Firstly, why, if I am the bill-payer, can I not pay for things in his Xbox account using my Microsoft account balance?

Secondly, why can I not purchase an Xbox Gift Code digital using the funds in my Microsoft account which could then be redeemed in my son's linked Xbox account.

This is outrageous. At every turn, Microsoft is forcing me to pay using a debit/credit card rather than actual funds already in my Microsoft account.

This needs fixing ASAP.

:)

MrBombastic1, Jan 17, 2021

2. Unable to purchase on Microsoft Store with a Family account.

Thank you for your response. There are other games that allow you to purchase using the Microsoft funds that you transferred to a member of your Family.
    If you don't have sufficient money in your Microsoft account to complete a transaction, you must use another form of payment registered with your Microsoft account to cover the remaining purchase amount, charge the entire purchase to the other payment
    option in lieu of your account balance, or add additional value to your Microsoft account.

To ensure that the child account is allowed to purchase a content online, you have to check and change the restriction settings on the account by following the steps below:

• Sign in to your account on the
      Microsoft Family page
    • Find your child’s name and select More options > Spending >
      Change content restrictions.
    • Change the restrictions settings and allow the account to purchase.

If you are still unable to purchase the game, there is a possible issue with your profile or the billing information. We recommend that you contact Xbox Chat Support to securely check your account and the child account.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Jan 17, 2021
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    Family restrictions on adult account

Hello Erik,

There are several reasons for this issue to happen. if you’re sure that your account should not be included in a family restriction, we suggest that you check the below articles:

These articles contain steps that you can perform to help you resolve your issue.

Keep us updated with the results.

Jelo Sen, Jan 17, 2021
  4. Idiotic restrictions on the use of funds in my Microsoft Account

Using funds from your Microsoft Account to fund Kids Accounts

Does anyone know if you can use funds on your Microsoft Account to add money to your kids' accounts? I went in to try and send $10 to one of my kid's account but the only options are the saved card and Paypal - the Microsoft Account (with more than that)
    is grayed out. Does it take a day or two to allow you to transfer it? Just wondering if anyone else has seen this. Thanks!

Wayne Dupree, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

Idiotic restrictions on the use of funds in my Microsoft Account

1. Idiotic restrictions on the use of funds in my Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Idiotic restrictions funds

2. Idiotic Approach by Microsoft

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Idiotic Approach by Microsoft: It is to inform you that billions of windows users are facing an issue of RAM consumption via antimalware service executable since 2015/16 .Why on earth are u guys not solving it Why should we disable it and why allow 3rd party Antiviruses !!!Go to hell Microsoft!!!!...
  3. Idiotic Approach by Microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Idiotic Approach by Microsoft: It is to inform you that billions of windows users are facing an issue of RAM consumption via antimalware service executable since 2015/16 .Why on earth are u guys not solving it Why should we disable it and why allow 3rd party Antiviruses !!!Go to hell Microsoft!!!!...
  4. xbox funds to microsoft

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    xbox funds to microsoft: I had bought some xbox cards from the local gas station for my microsoft account but they were for xbox monthly subscription. I do not play the xbox games I play Asphalt 9 on my computer and need the funds in the Microsoft account like the other xbox cards I redeemed in the...
  5. How to use funds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use funds: I have 25$ in my microsoft account balance but when I tried to buy Minecraft for windows 10 it does not give me the option to use my balance. I have enough money to buy it yet I am not given the option to buy it....
  6. Unable to use funds in child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to use funds in child account: Hello, I've recently set up a child account for my daughter and bought minecraft for her. I then attempted to buy her some minecoins. I have added some funds to her account which was a nightmare in itself, but despite this, I am still unable to purchase it. If I have...
  7. MICROSOFT IDIOTS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MICROSOFT IDIOTS: This Windows 10 has to the worst product on the market. Every operating system you idiots have come up with since XP has gotten worse. I've had to reformat this system twice in two months because of you useless updates and the **** running in the background. You ought to...
  8. Adding funds to Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Adding funds to Microsoft account: When trying to add funds to my son’s account i am getting an error message that there is a system issue and inshould try later. This is going on for a few days. Error message is similar when trying from my PC running Windows10 and iPhone iOS 13.5. Also getting the same...
  9. Added funds to childs microsoft account but they are not being used

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Added funds to childs microsoft account but they are not being used: I added $10 to my daughters Microsoft account so that she could buy Roblox. I have PayPal set up as a payment method on my account. My daughter then requested permission to buy $9.99 worth of Robux. I tried to allow this from my parent account but it said I need to add...
  10. Is there a way to transfer funds from my Microsoft account to my Google Play account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to transfer funds from my Microsoft account to my Google Play account?: I redeemed a code on my Xbox, but I'm done with adding stuff to my Xbox and I want to transfer this to my Google Play account. Is there a way I can do this?...