Windows 10: Idiotic vendor?

Discus and support Idiotic vendor? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm doubtful that this is really a Win10 message but what idiot, other than MS, would think a message saying only "Software download complete" is OK?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pchelp, Sep 17, 2015.

1. pchelp Win User

Idiotic vendor?

I'm doubtful that this is really a Win10 message but what idiot, other than MS, would think a message saying only "Software download complete" is OK? I'm serious-it pops up from my system tray & that's all it says other than the choices 'Install Now' or 'Install Later'. Is this one of Win10's automatic updates? Obviously I've been clicking 'Install Later' but I'd really like to know what's doing this-am I running a risk by not installing an update? Or am I protecting myself? I'd appreciate your thoughts.

:)

pchelp, Sep 17, 2015
  2. kevamiga Win User

! ...IDIOTS... !

Hahaha! Thats AMAZING Idiotic vendor? :)

kevamiga, Sep 17, 2015
  3. mccbleue Win User
    ! ...IDIOTS... !

Once upon a time, not to long ago, there was a very large and famous company from a small country that few people know much about. This company made phones. Lots of phones. Phones in all shapes and sizes. There were small, simple phones for people who had
    simple needs and who didn't know very much about the technology, very advanced phones which were more like computers for the technically-minded, and in between phones to meet the needs of almost everybody that had ever lived.

Unfortunately, the phones became a fashion statement and people started buy the very flashy phones to show how wealthy and chic they were, even though they didn't need the very flashy phones and didn't even know how to use them, and they never read the manuals.
    Soon, many thousands of people started to complain that their phones were not good enough because they didn't work properly. But the phones were, most of the time, broadly speaking, doing what they were programmed to do and the people who had bought them as
    status symbols simply didn't know how to use them correctly.

So they all lived unhappily ever after...

mccbleue, Sep 17, 2015
  4. WhyMe Win User

Idiotic vendor?

Verizon may be the idiotic vendor you are seeking. Please post a screenshot (or is it exactly like this, appearing above your taskbar?):

Idiotic vendor? [​IMG]

WhyMe, Sep 17, 2015
  5. pchelp Win User
    Yes. Thank you. And I do have Verizon's Software Upgrade Assistant so I'm pretty sure you're right. But how stupid of them to not include their name. Thanks.

pchelp, Sep 17, 2015
  6. WhyMe Win User
    Oh...forgot to answer your other question. You were doing the right thing not to install when you do not know what is doing. For all you knew, it could be malware.

WhyMe, Sep 17, 2015
  7. XweAponX Win User
    My Droid Tablet does that, all day long. I finally rooted it and found some tweaks that prevent automatic updates.

You have a Windows 10 Tablet or Device? You may want to google Pod2G, last I heard his team of hackers were going to root the Windows 10 phones and devices. Then you can shut that off.

But the rumour I heard was that he was going to charge for the rooting tool, which is incomprehensible. I'll look around and see what I can find, I'd have to know the make and model of your device as well as exact OS, XDA may have a forum for it.

XweAponX, Sep 17, 2015
  8. XweAponX Win User

Idiotic vendor?

Ok, HERE is a post with links to a Windows 10 device rooting kit. I think it's universal. It was in the Windows Store, but MS did an Apple and pulled it. Leaving Droid the only device OS that approves of rooting and jailbreaking.

The link is on the XDA forums, so the page may hang in Edge.

XweAponX, Sep 17, 2015
  9. pchelp Win User
    Thanks Xweapon but I'm not interested in rooting my phone. It's dead simple to prevent the message from popping up now that I know what's doing it-I just let the Verizon Upgrade Assistant run only when I connect my phone to my PC. Of course it always tries to reinstall as constantly running but that's easy enough to kill later.

pchelp, Sep 18, 2015
  10. linw Win User
    Presumably you will also apologise to MS for calling them idiots?

11. XweAponX Win User
    Oh so this is an update that tries to keep downloading and reinstalling from an already installed 3-d party app- On your PC?

Do you need the Verizon app? try Phone Companion, after you set it up it never bothers you.

XweAponX, Sep 19, 2015
  12. WhyMe Win User
    I'd do that too. Definitely do not what anonymous dialogs popping up about software updates. That would drive me absolutely loco *Confused

WhyMe, Sep 19, 2015
  13. XweAponX Win User

Idiotic vendor?

You've never owned a droid? Full screen ads are the newest irritation. App update popups are common and sometimes can't be exited, I had to hard boot the device

XweAponX, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Idiotic vendor?

1. Idiotic vendor? - Similar Threads - Idiotic vendor

2. Idiots and IT and Technician Professional Wannabees

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Idiots and IT and Technician Professional Wannabees: I'm absolutley sick and tired of these idiots not looking up **** when something goes off wrong.For example I work for a Tech Company somewhere in Manhattan, I had this asshat who told me "Don't ask me stupid questions because I'm an IT Pro" and your concern is that why isn't...
  3. Idiots and IT and Technician Professional Wannabees

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Idiots and IT and Technician Professional Wannabees: I'm absolutley sick and tired of these idiots not looking up **** when something goes off wrong.For example I work for a Tech Company somewhere in Manhattan, I had this asshat who told me "Don't ask me stupid questions because I'm an IT Pro" and your concern is that why isn't...
  4. Who's the idiot at Microsoft for doing this ???????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Who's the idiot at Microsoft for doing this ???????: I am extremely disappointed with Microsoft for no longer permitting the windows media player legacy to be downloaded. I have windows 10 and thought could uninstall windows media player legacy and then reinstall since had it freezing up too often, though i could still...
  5. Who's the idiot at Microsoft for doing this ???????

Who's the idiot at Microsoft for doing this ???????: I am extremely disappointed with Microsoft for no longer permitting the windows media player legacy to be downloaded. I have windows 10 and thought could uninstall windows media player legacy and then reinstall since had it freezing up too often, though i could still...
  6. Who's the idiot at Microsoft for doing this ???????

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  7. Why does Microsoft hire idiots?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does Microsoft hire idiots?: I have been on the phone for more than half of each day only to have your employees hang up after I repeated everything I said multiple times and the hold times were over 30 minutes because they were not qualified to even answer phone calls. Why or Who thought making...
  8. Why does Microsoft hire idiots?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft hire idiots?: I have been on the phone for more than half of each day only to have your employees hang up after I repeated everything I said multiple times and the hold times were over 30 minutes because they were not qualified to even answer phone calls. Why or Who thought making...
  9. Why does Microsoft hire idiots?

10. Biggest idiots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Biggest idiots: In microsoft are the most stupid people. Microsodt has the worst support among everyone. Someone stole my account, into i put more than 60€ and only thing microsoft was able to respond with, was that they can not give me my account back, they can only suspend my old account....