Windows 10: Idk if this is a virus or not

Discus and support Idk if this is a virus or not in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My pc runs badly lately. I scanned with malwarebytes and window def full scan and they found nothing. theres a weird window thtanpopul when i start my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by iCxt, Feb 21, 2021.

1. iCxt Win User

Idk if this is a virus or not

My pc runs badly lately. I scanned with malwarebytes and window def full scan and they found nothing.

theres a weird window thtanpopul when i start my pc.

Idk if this is a virus or not [​IMG]

:)

2. Unable to open .IDK file format on Windows 10.

Hi Derek,

You may be facing the above issue due to the un-assigned program or application to open
    .IDK file format on the computer.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Do you have an application or program installed to open .IDK file format on the computer?
    • Do you get any error message/error code when you try to open .IDK file format?

Interface Development Kit Archive (IDK) files are
    Uncommon Files primarily associated with OS/2 Saved SKF Format File (IBM). If an application or program associated to open a file format is installed and set as default, on clicking/opening the same will open the file in the
    program assigned in the settings on the computer.

Right click on the .IDK file and hover the mouse pointer over at
    Open with and select a program or application from the context menu and check if you are able to access the file type.

If you are not, assign a program/application to open .IDK file format by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Default programs and select the top most search result.
    • Scroll down the page and click on Choose default apps by file type from the window.
    • Locate .IDK file format, click on the program and select the application you want to view the file type from
      Choose an App window.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of not able to open .IDK file format on the computer in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 21, 2021
  3. Clean the Virus

Hi,

Virus infection usually happens on a computer when it is exposed to an infected website or removable devices. For us to help you clean the malware on your device, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build and version of Windows are you using?
    • Did you encounter any error messages related to having a virus infection on your device?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest running any available antivirus software on your PC. It would be very helpful to us if you could also provide the result of the antivirus scan process.

Looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Feb 21, 2021
  4. Idk if this is a virus or not

Jsssssssss, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

Idk if this is a virus or not

1. Idk if this is a virus or not - Similar Threads - Idk virus

2. I can’t sign in on my pc the password isn’t working and it says it’s been locked so idk how...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t sign in on my pc the password isn’t working and it says it’s been locked so idk how...: I can’t sign into my pc where it says password it’s not working and it says it’s locked so I can’t get in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-sign-in-on-my-pc-the-password-isnt-working/b1089e92-b141-44c4-9bda-4d7de04437e1
  3. I can’t sign in on my pc the password isn’t working and it says it’s been locked so idk how...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t sign in on my pc the password isn’t working and it says it’s been locked so idk how...: I can’t sign into my pc where it says password it’s not working and it says it’s locked so I can’t get in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-sign-in-on-my-pc-the-password-isnt-working/b1089e92-b141-44c4-9bda-4d7de04437e1
  4. I can’t sign in on my pc the password isn’t working and it says it’s been locked so idk how...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. My laptop is getting locked due to temperature idk what is the problem .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is getting locked due to temperature idk what is the problem .: My laptop is getting locked due to temperature idk what is the problem i am not playing games nothing just watch youtube and it is getting randomly locked [ showing due to overheat ] idk if it is a win 11 problem or laptop problem , it is getting locked ever 4-5 hrs of usage...
  6. What are these two files? Windows defender found them and idk what they are? Is it a virus...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What are these two files? Windows defender found them and idk what they are? Is it a virus...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GamedreamYT [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mnjob2/what_are_these_two_files_windows_defender_found/
  7. idk if i got a virus Help.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    idk if i got a virus Help.: So i was on discord with some friends and they sent me a link to youtube.com//opensearch i clicked it not knowing what it was and it downloaded something automatically the file name was "opensearch.osdx" is this a virus? I didn't open it and I'm wondering if i could still be...
  8. Every anti-virus website can't be accessed I also have a adware, idk from where it came

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Every anti-virus website can't be accessed I also have a adware, idk from where it came: Hello there! I actually have an adware, opening websites suddenly! When i tried to find an adware remover, it is every-time blocked by the firewall. I don't know what is this happening. Please help me!...
  9. is this a virus idk

is this a virus idk: what is steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net I see it when I get the steam installer and when I search it just about everyone says its a virus but everyone says everything is a virus online. so from an actual Microsoft employee or tech expert is it hijackings my downloads? and changing my...
  10. Weird popup in corner, IDK if it's a virus or what

Weird popup in corner, IDK if it's a virus or what: I have been getting this pop up on my computer no matter what I'm doing on it. [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/weird-popup-in-corner-idk-if-its-a-virus-or-what/b5b37064-273c-4f6b-bd59-fa0715250365