Windows 10: Idk what I'm doing with Task Disk. 256GB to 400MB

Discus and support Idk what I'm doing with Task Disk. 256GB to 400MB in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello all, A couple days ago, my laptop suddenly decided to stop working normally. Every time I would try to turn it on, it will go through automatic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by secretlyblue, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Idk what I'm doing with Task Disk. 256GB to 400MB

Hello all,

A couple days ago, my laptop suddenly decided to stop working normally. Every time I would try to turn it on, it will go through automatic repair. I'm not sure why. I've exhausted the options I had available which led me to Task Disk. I want to recover everything that I possible can on the drive. *Note: I have zero experience in working with computers.* I did something with the software and now my 256 gb m.2 ssd now registers at 500. I checked disk management and it shows ~238 gb as "unallocated."

I don't know what to do anymore. I'm desperate and I just want the data from the drive. I don't have access to a pc that has a m.2 slot at the moment, but I plan on buying an enclosure so I can hook it up to my current pc for troubleshooting. Please, any help is very much appreciated. Thank you.

:)

secretlyblue, Apr 21, 2019

2. My 256gb sd card isn't being recognized as 256gb when formatting

Hi James,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

To assist you better, I would like to ask how you are trying to format the SD card.

I suggest you to format and check for if the issue persists in Disk Management by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Disk Management.
    • Right click on the drive for SD card and select Format.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 21, 2019
  3. DISK CLEANUP

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which files are you trying to delete using disk clean up?
    2. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

Please reply back with the information to the above questions in order to provide you with appropriate troubleshooting steps:

I understand that you are trying to free up memory using Disk Cleanup. If you are trying to delete files using disk cleanup on Windows 10, I suggest you to refer the following article on

Disk cleanup in Windows 10
    for steps to perform disk clean up on your PC.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Apr 21, 2019
  4. Idk what I'm doing with Task Disk. 256GB to 400MB

Windows 10: 100% disk utilization in the Task Manger after Start up.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with high hard disk usage in the task manager . I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "it goes back to a higher usage", is hard disk percentage increases to 100% percentage or up to certain high level? Is there is any variation in hard disk percentage when run different application on Windows 10?
    • When you say that "problem saving u post them for others", what are the troubleshooting steps which you have tried to resolve the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to check for any system changes in the computer and also update all the Windows updates.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the system maintenance troubleshooter. It will resolve the common system problems.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on
    Troubleshooting

3. Then click on System and Security.

4. Click on System Maintenance.

5. Click on Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: I recommend you to update all the pending Windows updates on the computer and check if it helps.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with
    high hard disk usage in the task manager with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 21, 2019
Thema:

Idk what I'm doing with Task Disk. 256GB to 400MB

1. Idk what I'm doing with Task Disk. 256GB to 400MB - Similar Threads - Idk I'm doing

2. Idk what to do

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Idk what to do: Today I literally found a laptop in my house i don't remember whose was it so i just kept it and it has alot of files that i decided to do a factory reset but when it was 40% after a lil while for some reason idk why but it closed and because of that it got stuck in a startup...
  3. Idk what to do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Idk what to do: Today I literally found a laptop in my house i don't remember whose was it so i just kept it and it has alot of files that i decided to do a factory reset but when it was 40% after a lil while for some reason idk why but it closed and because of that it got stuck in a startup...
  4. Idk what to do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. idk what is this

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    idk what is this: does anyone know what is this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/idk-what-is-this/1e39f619-6ac2-4467-8121-42795a1e64ef
  6. idk what is this

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    idk what is this: These things keep showing on my screen and when I exit them,they keep showing.Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/idk-what-is-this/777ef548-3f7a-4ec5-a848-fc0ea718bbce
  7. Disk Partition Only Allows 400MB?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Partition Only Allows 400MB?: Hello everyone, Alex Slater here! I am trying to partition my hard drive in the usual Disk Partition software, and the popup is saying I only have 492MB or so to do a shrink volume operation. What exactly am I doing wrong? I have shrunk hard drive partitions before, and it...
  8. Idk what to do

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Idk what to do: I bought Windows 10 Home yesterday and downloaded and installed it. I checked my activation settings and it says it hasn’t been activated. Is it because I have the Win 10 Pro Free Edition? submitted by /u/GamingByTheMinute [link] [comments]...
  9. Idk what to do

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Idk what to do: [ATTACH] What is this and how can i stop it? submitted by /u/Row-Wise [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jhh2z0/idk_what_to_do/
  10. Idk what I'm doing with Test Disk. 256GB to 400MB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Idk what I'm doing with Test Disk. 256GB to 400MB: Hello all, A couple days ago, my laptop suddenly decided to stop working normally. Every time I would try to turn it on, it will go through automatic repair. I'm not sure why. I've exhausted the options I had available which led me to Task Disk. I want to recover everything...