Windows 10: Idk what I'm doing with Test Disk. 256GB to 400MB

Discus and support Idk what I'm doing with Test Disk. 256GB to 400MB in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all, A couple days ago, my laptop suddenly decided to stop working normally. Every time I would try to turn it on, it will go through automatic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by secretlyblue, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Idk what I'm doing with Test Disk. 256GB to 400MB

Hello all,

A couple days ago, my laptop suddenly decided to stop working normally. Every time I would try to turn it on, it will go through automatic repair. I'm not sure why. I've exhausted the options I had available which led me to Task Disk. I want to recover everything that I possible can on the drive. *Note: I have zero experience in working with computers.* I did something with the software and now my 256 gb m.2 ssd now registers at 500. I checked disk management and it shows ~238 gb as "unallocated."

I don't know what to do anymore. I'm desperate and I just want the data from the drive. I don't have access to a pc that has a m.2 slot at the moment, but I plan on buying an enclosure so I can hook it up to my current pc for troubleshooting. Please, any help is very much appreciated. Thank you.

:)

secretlyblue, Apr 25, 2019

2. Idk what I'm doing with Task Disk. 256GB to 400MB

Idk what I'm doing with Test Disk. 256GB to 400MB [​IMG]

This is where I'm currently at after Analyze. I'm not sure where to go from here. As you can see, the drive is 256 GB. Where as in this next picture, it registers as 400 MB:

Idk what I'm doing with Test Disk. 256GB to 400MB [​IMG]

3. Idk what I'm doing with Task Disk. 256GB to 400MB

Hello all,

A couple days ago, my laptop suddenly decided to stop working normally. Every time I would try to turn it on, it will go through automatic repair. I'm not sure why. I've exhausted the options I had available which led me to Task Disk. I want to recover everything that I possible can on the drive. *Note: I have zero experience in working with computers.* I did something with the software and now my 256 gb m.2 ssd now registers at 500. I checked disk management and it shows ~238 gb as "unallocated."

I don't know what to do anymore. I'm desperate and I just want the data from the drive. I don't have access to a pc that has a m.2 slot at the moment, but I plan on buying an enclosure so I can hook it up to my current pc for troubleshooting. Please, any help is very much appreciated. Thank you.

4. Samuria Win User

Idk what I'm doing with Test Disk. 256GB to 400MB

Idk what I'm doing with Task Disk. 256GB to 400MB

Welcome to the forum can you post a screenshot from disk manager showing all the details so we can see

Samuria, Apr 25, 2019
Thema:

Idk what I'm doing with Test Disk. 256GB to 400MB

1. Idk what I'm doing with Test Disk. 256GB to 400MB - Similar Threads - Idk I'm doing

2. Idk what to do

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Idk what to do: Today I literally found a laptop in my house i don't remember whose was it so i just kept it and it has alot of files that i decided to do a factory reset but when it was 40% after a lil while for some reason idk why but it closed and because of that it got stuck in a startup...
  3. Idk what to do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Idk what to do: Today I literally found a laptop in my house i don't remember whose was it so i just kept it and it has alot of files that i decided to do a factory reset but when it was 40% after a lil while for some reason idk why but it closed and because of that it got stuck in a startup...
  4. Idk what to do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. idk what is this

idk what is this: does anyone know what is this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/idk-what-is-this/1e39f619-6ac2-4467-8121-42795a1e64ef
  6. idk what is this

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    idk what is this: These things keep showing on my screen and when I exit them,they keep showing.Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/idk-what-is-this/777ef548-3f7a-4ec5-a848-fc0ea718bbce
  7. Disk Partition Only Allows 400MB?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Partition Only Allows 400MB?: Hello everyone, Alex Slater here! I am trying to partition my hard drive in the usual Disk Partition software, and the popup is saying I only have 492MB or so to do a shrink volume operation. What exactly am I doing wrong? I have shrunk hard drive partitions before, and it...
  8. Idk what to do

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Idk what to do: I bought Windows 10 Home yesterday and downloaded and installed it. I checked my activation settings and it says it hasn’t been activated. Is it because I have the Win 10 Pro Free Edition? submitted by /u/GamingByTheMinute [link] [comments]...
  9. Idk what to do

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Idk what to do: [ATTACH] What is this and how can i stop it? submitted by /u/Row-Wise [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jhh2z0/idk_what_to_do/
  10. Idk what I'm doing with Task Disk. 256GB to 400MB

Idk what I'm doing with Task Disk. 256GB to 400MB: Hello all, A couple days ago, my laptop suddenly decided to stop working normally. Every time I would try to turn it on, it will go through automatic repair. I'm not sure why. I've exhausted the options I had available which led me to Task Disk. I want to recover everything...