Windows 10: Idle memory usage 95%

Discus and support Idle memory usage 95% in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I dont think that it is normal to idle 16gb of ram 3200Mhz DDR4 at full capacity. How do i fix it? [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Islam4ik, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Islam4ik Win User

Idle memory usage 95%

I dont think that it is normal to idle 16gb of ram 3200Mhz DDR4 at full capacity.

How do i fix it?

Idle memory usage 95% b3f20747-25e9-4d42-ab95-fb05692435f6?upload=true.png

:)

Islam4ik, Nov 29, 2020
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Extremely high idle memory usage

Here is your first step:

You wrote: "... my pc idling at 80 - 90% memory ..."

1- Open Task Manager to the Processes tab and look at the Memory column.

2- What process(es) are using so much of your memory?

BulldogXX, Nov 29, 2020
  3. MrRox1337 Win User
    Computer Idling at 10GB memory usage after 1 week of no usage.

Hello, I have a 2015 model ASUS ROG GL 511JW laptop with 16GB DDR3 RAM and 4GB GTX 960M GPU with Intel i7 4720HQ processor. I decided to leave it on for 1 week and did nothing on the device. I let it idle for a whole week and at the end, I found that the memory usage from day 1 @ 2GB usage goes up to 10 GB on day 7. Fun thing is that the memory usage listed under the processes bar of task manager does not add up to even 2GB! Is it possible that my computer is being mined off of? or what could be the possible reason of this error? I'vetried updating all my drivers, used the laptop without it's battery connected, minimized total monitors used. But I still use massive memory chucks until I restart the device.

Idle memory usage 95% [​IMG]

MrRox1337, Nov 29, 2020
  4. Edwxxrd_ Win User

Idle memory usage 95%

My Memory usage is unusually high when idle.

My laptop memory usage improved a bit when I updated to Windows 10 ver 2004 (coming from 1909). My memory usage in 1909 when idle is around 70-80% and then when I updated to 2004 it became around 55-80%, I would like to know if any of you can give me tips
    or a step-by-step instruction on how to reduce memory usage. I will attach the images below. This was bothering me because I can't browse chrome normally (for ex: receiving "not responding errors" randomly.
    Idle memory usage 95% efd325d7-adcd-4e73-b5f8-f5b708909d01?upload=true.png

Idle memory usage 95% 943a05b0-bc64-4bad-8da1-bdb23c4fb4dd?upload=true.png

Edwxxrd_, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

Idle memory usage 95%

1. Idle memory usage 95% - Similar Threads - Idle memory usage

2. high memory usage on idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    high memory usage on idle: task manager shows 70 percent memory usage and 5 out of 8 gigabytes on idle but it doesn't show which apps are using high memory and my system is stutteringspecs:core i5 11400h8gb ramrtx 3050windows 11 enterprise 21H2...
  3. high memory usage on idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    high memory usage on idle: task manager shows 70 percent memory usage and 5 out of 8 gigabytes on idle but it doesn't show which apps are using high memory and my system is stutteringspecs:core i5 11400h8gb ramrtx 3050windows 11 enterprise 21H2...
  4. Too much memory usage on idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too much memory usage on idle: On Idle, and no apps in the background, my laptop is using 25 percent approx, memory. I have 12 gigs of RAM out of which 3 GB of my ram is utilized by other windows services, most of all by Anti-Malware Service Executable... when i play games with discord in background, it...
  5. Too much memory usage on idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Too much memory usage on idle: On Idle, and no apps in the background, my laptop is using 25 percent approx, memory. I have 12 gigs of RAM out of which 3 GB of my ram is utilized by other windows services, most of all by Anti-Malware Service Executable... when i play games with discord in background, it...
  6. High Memory Usage on Idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High Memory Usage on Idle: When my laptop is on idle, it uses more than 50% memory. I have 2 GBs of RAM. On Task Manager when I sort by highest memory usage, the only one that's using more than 50 MBs is Antimalware Service Executable. The rest of it is under 50 MBs. On Resource Monitor's Memory tab,...
  7. High memory usage in idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High memory usage in idle: Recently as of three days ago my memory usage as gone from around 18 to 30% when in idle and roaming the web to 38 to 63%, absolutely nothing has been changed or altered within my pc I haven't downloaded anything or installed any software. It is disturbing me greatly as I...
  8. 95% Memory usage all the time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    95% Memory usage all the time: Hi. Lately I've noticed my machine is using 95ish percent of its physical memory pretty much at all times. I have 16.0 GB of RAM, so 95% usage is a lot. When I look at the "Processes" tab in Task Manager and sort by memory usage, I see the usual suspects (Chrome, Discord,...
  9. Memory usage 50% while idle

Memory usage 50% while idle: When i open task manager it says 47-50% of memory is being used while theres only 3-7% cpu usage and 0% disk usage. The reason is because there apps in the background using it and i dont know how to stop it. submitted by /u/EdgeFail [link] [comments]...
  10. High memory usage at idle

High memory usage at idle: [ATTACH] I've got 8Gb of RAM but after waiting like 30mins Windows start usig between 75 - 90% of my memory for no reason. Any idea about how to fix that? submitted by /u/Geoffrey_try_coding [link] [comments]...