Windows 10: Idle Mouse Freezing

Discus and support Idle Mouse Freezing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Okay so while i'm typing this i have to move the mouse because if i leave it idle my laptop will freeze the cursor on my screen stops and the time and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ninkit, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Ninkit Win User

Idle Mouse Freezing

Okay so while i'm typing this i have to move the mouse because if i leave it idle my laptop will freeze the cursor on my screen stops and the time and battery is frozen if i plug in my laptop it doesnt show its plugged in as charging i can't do anything other than hard shut down yes i've tried the ctrl + shift + esc I even did a cmf check to see if i had any corrupted things but it showed it was fine i figured maybe it was the event viewer logs so i cleared that after doing all this i thought i fixed the issue but while watching netflix i was laying down and i left the mouse alone thinking i didnt need to move it anymore it ended up freezing sometimes it goes fine for 5 minutes without freezing sometimes it goes longer but it freezes in the end i've used compressed air thinking the fans and keyboard needed cleaning and that didnt work I have an Asus laptop a Windows 10 Home I would really appreciate if someone was able to help me out oh and i got this laptop Last Year

:)

Ninkit, Apr 29, 2019

2. Computer and mouse freeze

Hi

There are several reasons that could have cause your keyboard and mouse to freeze. To know more about the issue, we will ask some questions to help us:

• Were there recent changes made before the issue occurred?
    • What are the steps that you've done so far to know where the issue is coming from?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this article:
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    for us to check all setting needed to help us in resolving your issue.

Let us know about the update.

Kristine Som, Apr 29, 2019
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Mouse freeze after very short idle

Hi,

Outdated drivers is one of the possible reasons why you're experiencing this issue. We suggest running the hardware troubleshooter to isolate the root cause of the issue and provide the appropriate fix for it. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Choose Update & security, then click
      Troubleshoot
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click
      Hardware and Devices
    • Click Run the troubleshooter tab and follow the on-screen instructions.

We also recommend updating the driver for your mouse using the steps on this article:Update drivers in Windows 10.

We'll wait for your response about this matter.

Mayra Aqu, Apr 29, 2019
  4. LyndaC.1 Win User

Idle Mouse Freezing

PC freezes, no mouse or keyboard functions work after idle for awhile. What could be wrong?

3 month old Dell with SSD and HDD drive, Windows 10, freezes after a short time of being idle.

It wakes up enough so I can see my home screen view, but my wireless mouse nor my wireless keyboard can type or click anywhere.

I tried plugging in a 'corded' mouse.......no go.

NOTE* It has done this only 3 times, so hard to recreate.

Suggestions?

thank you!

LyndaC.1, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

Idle Mouse Freezing

1. Idle Mouse Freezing - Similar Threads - Idle Mouse Freezing

2. Mouse pointer freezes if idle for more than a few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer freezes if idle for more than a few seconds: Hello,I use a Dell XPS 15 computer that runs Windows 10; the device is pretty new less than three years old and as far as i am aware, everything is up-to-date.I utilize a lot of software programs such as Maya, Blender, Adobe products, ect, and up until recently, all of these...
  3. Mouse pointer freezes if idle for more than a few seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse pointer freezes if idle for more than a few seconds: Hello,I use a Dell XPS 15 computer that runs Windows 10; the device is pretty new less than three years old and as far as i am aware, everything is up-to-date.I utilize a lot of software programs such as Maya, Blender, Adobe products, ect, and up until recently, all of these...
  4. Mouse pointer freezes if idle for more than a few seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer freezes when idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes when idle: Hello,Ive been experiencing a very wierd issue on my computer. Whenever i boot up and let my computer run idle, the screen will freeze and i wont be able to do anything but hold down power and restart it. Sometimes it will freeze after 4 minutes, sometimes after running idle...
  6. Computer freezes when idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezes when idle: Hello,Ive been experiencing a very wierd issue on my computer. Whenever i boot up and let my computer run idle, the screen will freeze and i wont be able to do anything but hold down power and restart it. Sometimes it will freeze after 4 minutes, sometimes after running idle...
  7. Mouse disconnects when idle.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse disconnects when idle.: Hello, I have a Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Mouse 3600 it keeps disconnecting when I leave my laptop on idle. Also I noticed that this problem occurred after installing Keyboard Splitter. Thank you!...
  8. Bluetooth keyboard mouse, input freeze after 5 sec idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth keyboard mouse, input freeze after 5 sec idle: submitted by /u/jishimi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/frq2yo/bluetooth_keyboard_mouse_input_freeze_after_5_sec/
  9. Hard freezing on idle

in Windows 10 Support
    Hard freezing on idle: Ok so this is unbearable.My laptop freezes on idle in a few minutes,abd needs to be restarted. I tried fresh clean feature but it either freezes or doesnt work. I tried istalling one from the media thing and still it froze.I tried reseting the pc and it cant move past 1%. Is...
  10. mouse freezing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse freezing: Why is my mouse freezing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/mouse-freezing/771686c4-97e8-4ee9-a476-80590aef1c64