Windows 10: Idle Time Out

Discus and support Idle Time Out in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My plugged in system goes into 'connected standby' for the reason as shown in the Event Viewer The system is entering connected standby Reason: Idle... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChrisT2, Oct 29, 2019.

1. ChrisT2 Win User

Idle Time Out

My plugged in system goes into 'connected standby' for the reason as shown in the Event Viewer

The system is entering connected standby

Reason: Idle Timeout.

How do I prevent my system from entering connected standby? Please note I have the following settings in Power & Sleep settings Sleep

On battery power, PC goes to sleep after

4min

When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after

Never

Is it possible to increase or disable the Idle Timeout for going into connected standby?

:)

ChrisT2, Oct 29, 2019
  2. Jonas Flo Win User

Bluetooth still on while idle

Thanks for following the steps. Now, the settings won't take effect if you are only using normal PC idle mode. Normal functionality of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi settings are to stay connected even if PC is idle. With the settings that you have created, we would
    suggest that you set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or
    Hibernate
    once idle. In this way, the settings "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" should take effect.

To set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or Hibernate when idle, please follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel, set view by: Small
      icons.
    • Look for Power Options.
    • Click on Change when the computer sleeps on the left pane.
    • Set a timer.

Please try it out. Hope it helps. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Fortitude Win User
    Memory use shoots up to 99% after idle time

I'm facing this problem in the last few days. Memory use according to Task Manager goes up to 99%, CPU reaches 80% and the PC becomes almost totally unresponsive.

Based on similar threads I installed RAMMap and here's what is shown.

Idle Time Out [​IMG]

I installed Poolmon and ran it and this is what I get.

Idle Time Out [​IMG]

Please note that the first entry does not show a tag. Is this normal?

According to the rest of the listing I should investigate Volsnap.sys and atc.sys. Could you advise what are the next steps?

Fortitude, Oct 29, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Idle Time Out

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Idle Time Out :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Idle Time Out

1. Idle Time Out - Similar Threads - Idle

2. What is using 3gb of ram at idle and how do I fix it? Honestly stumped

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is using 3gb of ram at idle and how do I fix it? Honestly stumped: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/thereallopezmiguel [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f742ba/what_is_using_3gb_of_ram_at_idle_and_how_do_i_fix/
  3. I love windows but like idle memory usage is insane

I love windows but like idle memory usage is insane: I love windows, i use it on my desktop and laptop, but Jesus. On my desktop it uses 50% idle 8 GIGS and on my laptop with nothing in background IT USES 4 GIGS its insane. Microsoft needs to fix this. submitted by /u/808Ender [link] [comments]...
  4. Prevent laptop from entering Modern Standby i.e. due to Idle Timeout when plugged into AC...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Prevent laptop from entering Modern Standby i.e. due to Idle Timeout when plugged into AC...: I need to prevent my laptop from entering Modern Standby when plugged in to AC power My plugged in system goes into 'connected standby' for the reason as shown in theEvent Viewer "The system is entering connected standby" Reason: Idle Timeout. How do I prevent my system...
  5. Windows drops internet when idle

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows drops internet when idle: Recently, my laptop drops internet connection if idle for more than a few minutes. In the notification area internet still shows as connected, but Microsoft Edge will not open pages show no internet message and extensions are dropped. All I have to do to "reconnect" is to...
  6. Display time (seconds) until sleep triggered by idling

in Windows 10 Support
    Display time (seconds) until sleep triggered by idling: In Win10 settings "Power & sleep" you can define Sleep (PC goes to sleep after x minutes or hours). The sleep is triggered if there is no user interaction for the specified time. Is there some variable or something that contains the countdown towards sleep? I want to make a...
  7. Cloudera ODBC disconnects when idle on Windows 10 Enterprise and won't reconnect for while...

Cloudera ODBC disconnects when idle on Windows 10 Enterprise and won't reconnect for while...: Cloudera ODBC disconnects when idle on Windows Enterprise Hey, I've had this issue since I started using my laptop. If I leave the laptop without mouse or keyboard input (does not go into sleep) for like 5 minutes or more, it will kill my Cloudera ODBC connection. I'm...
  8. Random BSOD once idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD once idle: So I've been having this issue for some time. Before it was once every few days, then it turned into once a day, now it's multiple times a day and I can not figure out what the problem is. I've updated drivers, disabled drivers, swapped hardware out, freshly installed Windows...
  9. Constant high CPU usage when idle after upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10

Constant high CPU usage when idle after upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10: Due to Windows 7 no longer being supported I 'upgraded' my Acer Aspire 5377Z laptop to Windows 10. On completion of the upgrade I noticed that the Task Manager showed constant high CPU. When the PC settles down after power on the CPU usage remains above 50% with no programs...
  10. Inspiron 7000 2-in-1 frozen black screen on idle

Inspiron 7000 2-in-1 frozen black screen on idle: When my laptop is idle for some unknown time frame, it remains stuck on a black screen where the lock screen is supposed to be. It's still on though- the keyboard light is shown and the power button light is as well. I exported logs from windows event viewer the last time it...