Windows 10: Idle Time Out

Discus and support Idle Time Out in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My plugged in system goes into 'connected standby' for the reason as shown in the Event Viewer The system is entering connected standby Reason: Idle... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChrisT2, Oct 29, 2019.

1. ChrisT2 Win User

Idle Time Out

My plugged in system goes into 'connected standby' for the reason as shown in the Event Viewer

The system is entering connected standby

Reason: Idle Timeout.

How do I prevent my system from entering connected standby? Please note I have the following settings in Power & Sleep settings Sleep

On battery power, PC goes to sleep after

4min

When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after

Never

Is it possible to increase or disable the Idle Timeout for going into connected standby?

:)

ChrisT2, Oct 29, 2019
  2. Jonas Flo Win User

Bluetooth still on while idle

Thanks for following the steps. Now, the settings won't take effect if you are only using normal PC idle mode. Normal functionality of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi settings are to stay connected even if PC is idle. With the settings that you have created, we would
    suggest that you set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or
    Hibernate
    once idle. In this way, the settings "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" should take effect.

To set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or Hibernate when idle, please follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel, set view by: Small
      icons.
    • Look for Power Options.
    • Click on Change when the computer sleeps on the left pane.
    • Set a timer.

Please try it out. Hope it helps. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Fortitude Win User
    Memory use shoots up to 99% after idle time

I'm facing this problem in the last few days. Memory use according to Task Manager goes up to 99%, CPU reaches 80% and the PC becomes almost totally unresponsive.

Based on similar threads I installed RAMMap and here's what is shown.

Idle Time Out [​IMG]

I installed Poolmon and ran it and this is what I get.

Idle Time Out [​IMG]

Please note that the first entry does not show a tag. Is this normal?

According to the rest of the listing I should investigate Volsnap.sys and atc.sys. Could you advise what are the next steps?

Fortitude, Oct 29, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Idle Time Out

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Idle Time Out :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Idle Time Out

1. Idle Time Out - Similar Threads - Idle

2. Pc Freezes and Bluescreens after staying on Idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc Freezes and Bluescreens after staying on Idle: Hello there, over had this problem for a while. Basically when my computer isnt being pushed and demanded, the computer freezes and goes to a blue screen which says clock watchdog timeout. This problem doesnt occur when playing high stress games such as fortnite or if i use...
  3. Pc Freezes and Bluescreens after staying on Idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc Freezes and Bluescreens after staying on Idle: Hello there, over had this problem for a while. Basically when my computer isnt being pushed and demanded, the computer freezes and goes to a blue screen which says clock watchdog timeout. This problem doesnt occur when playing high stress games such as fortnite or if i use...
  4. Blue Screen with DPC WatchDog Violation mainly when PC is idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen with DPC WatchDog Violation mainly when PC is idle: Good day everyone, I have been having this problem for 5 days now. I get the blue screen multiple times each day, especially when I leave my laptop on idle/lockscreen. I have tried every single thing with no success including: 1. Rolling back every driver/windows update in...
  5. Blue Screen with DPC WatchDog Violation mainly when PC is idle

Blue Screen with DPC WatchDog Violation mainly when PC is idle: Good day everyone, I have been having this problem for 5 days now. I get the blue screen multiple times each day, especially when I leave my laptop on idle/lockscreen. I have tried every single thing with no success including: 1. Rolling back every driver/windows update in...
  6. System not responding when left idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System not responding when left idle: Hello, am using Win 11 Laptop by Asus Rog. For the past few Weeks am facing issue with this lap, that when i left it for while it won't respond after. And after some time it shows the blue screen with error code 'drive power state failure' and sometimes with 'Unexpected Store...
  7. System not responding when left idle

System not responding when left idle: Hello, am using Win 11 Laptop by Asus Rog. For the past few Weeks am facing issue with this lap, that when i left it for while it won't respond after. And after some time it shows the blue screen with error code 'drive power state failure' and sometimes with 'Unexpected Store...
  8. Windows Explorer explorer.exe using 30 - 40 % of CPU when idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer explorer.exe using 30 - 40 % of CPU when idle: I am running on win 11 laptop . Recently I have been experiencing high usage CPU usage in the windows explorer even when the system has a idle. I couldn't end task the process , If I end task it it is again starting within a few seconds. And another important thing is the...
  9. Windows Explorer explorer.exe using 30 - 40 % of CPU when idle

Windows Explorer explorer.exe using 30 - 40 % of CPU when idle: I am running on win 11 laptop . Recently I have been experiencing high usage CPU usage in the windows explorer even when the system has a idle. I couldn't end task the process , If I end task it it is again starting within a few seconds. And another important thing is the...
  10. My PC keeps freezing, Task manager shows my RAM at 99% even when idle or watching a simple...

My PC keeps freezing, Task manager shows my RAM at 99% even when idle or watching a simple...: I Upgraded to Windows 11 a couple of months ago and am having issues with my PC freezing randomly, It happens when I'm barley using the PC such as looking for files, when I'm playing games after they were running fine and when I'm browsing with only a few tabs open less than...