Windows 10: idlebuddy

Discus and support idlebuddy in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; somehow, I have idlebuddy installed on my laptop. when I go through control panel to uninstall it, it does NOT uninstall. How it got through Windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MarioCorbiciero, Aug 10, 2019.

1. idlebuddy

somehow, I have idlebuddy installed on my laptop. when I go through control panel to uninstall it, it does NOT uninstall. How it got through Windows Defender to begin with makes me question the ability of WD to protect to begin with.

Does anyone have any idea how I can get this off my computer please?

:)

MarioCorbiciero, Aug 10, 2019
  2. Smeed Win User

Id_Buddy removal

For other users this guide helped:
    https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-idlebuddy/

Note:

1. If you can't do step1, move on with the other steps. The step with HitmanPro might not be necessary.

2. Good that you didn't fall for all the other guides which try to lure you into installing/buying SpyHunter!

Smeed, Aug 10, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    PopUp - Idle Buddy

Hi Roger

Open the old Control Panel (click your Start Button, then just type control and hit Enter)

Go to programs and Features

Order that list by the 'Installed On' column, so that arrow faces up

Look for any strange software installed on or about the date IdleBuddy appeared (it will not be named IdleBuddy)

DaveM121, Aug 10, 2019
  4. Rogue1618 Win User

idlebuddy

Id_Buddy removal

Thanks but 2 of those steps do not work. Id_Buddy does not show on Control Panel for removal and Malwarebytes said it removed stuff associated with it yet it still shows as being installed even after restarting the computer.

Rogue1618, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

idlebuddy

1. idlebuddy - Similar Threads - idlebuddy

2. idlebuddy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    idlebuddy: idle buddy is on my computer and I don't know how, it probably install with something else without me realising but when I go to control panel and try to uninstall it it doesn't show up someone please help I have bullgaurd protection and every 5 mins it says there is an...
  3. Uninstalling IdleBuddy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Uninstalling IdleBuddy: Hey! I was wondering if someone could help me uninstall idleBuddy? It's really annoying and Malwarebytes doesn't work, neither does the control panel uninstall work on it either....
  4. Deleting IdleBuddy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleting IdleBuddy: I can't delete idle buddy because it says "The action can't be completed because the file is open in IdlingBuddyServive". The other IdleBuddy File says "The action can't be completed because the file is open in IBCI" What si IBCI, but more importantly how do I get risdof this...