Windows 10: IDprotect not running "General application error the Smart Card service is down"

Discus and support IDprotect not running "General application error the Smart Card service is down" in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; HiOn a new computer with win 11 pro I downloaded the IDprotect driver But when I run it i recive General application error the Smart Card service is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by גיאגיא985, May 31, 2023.

1. IDprotect not running "General application error the Smart Card service is down"

HiOn a new computer with win 11 pro I downloaded the IDprotect driver But when I run it i recive General application error the Smart Card service is downany ideas?

:)

גיאגיא985, May 31, 2023
  2. R_147 Win User

Unable to connect to remote desktop: "The smart card service is not running"

I am trying to use a remote desktop connection with a smart card reader on Parallels Windows 10. Every time I try to connect I receive the error message "The smart card service in not running. Please start the smart card service and try again.". I have checked
    in Services and the 'Smart Card' service IS running. The USB smart card reader is also connected in device manager. I've also updated the drivers. I'd be grateful if anyone could help me figure out how to get past this error message.

Thanks.

R_147, May 31, 2023
  3. Windows 10 Smart Card Error

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing while booting the PC to Windows 10 as you are getting the option to use your smart card login.

This could be due to accidentally configure the Windows system to allow only smart card login.
    Cards are a portable, secure and a tamper-proof way to provide security solutions for tasks such as client authentication, logging on to domains, code signing, and securing e-mail. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly,
    please reply with the answers to the questions below

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Does the PC connected to any domain network?
    • Are you aware of any recent changes on the PC, prior to this issue?

However, you can try these methods and check if you are able to disable the smart card login.

Method 1: Disable Force Smart Card Login

If a problem prevents you from logging in to Windows with a smart card, start your computer in safe mode and disable this security feature. Smart Card Login option will not be available in Safe Mode. Whether
    you log in with a physical or virtual smart card, Windows stores your settings in the Windows NT Registry. If you’re able to log in to Windows, you can disable smart card login for future sessions by editing your local group policies. Disabling the Smart Card
    Plug and Play service removes the option to insert a smart card when logging in.

1. Login to Windows in Safe mode, please follow this
      safe mode article.
    2. Press Windows + R key to launch
      Run command.
    3. Type regedit in the Run dialog box and click OK.
    4. Navigate to the following key:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PoliciesSystem
    5. In the right pane of this location, you’ll find a DWORD named scforceoption.
    6. In the Value Data field, change the current value of “1” to “0” and click “OK.”
    7. Close Registry Editor and restart your computer in normal mode. The login screen prompts you to enter your username and password rather than insert a smart card.

Method 2:
    Disable Smart Card Plug and Play Service.

1. Press Windows + R key to launch Run command.
    2. Type gpedit.msc in the Run dialog box and click OK.
    3. Navigate to “Computer Configuration>Policies>Windows Settings>Local Policies>Security Options>Interactive logon: Require smart cards”
    4. Right-click “Interactive logon: Require smart cards” and select “Edit.” In the Properties dialog, select “Disabled” to turn off this service
    5. Now navigate to “Computer Configuration>Administrative Templates>Windows Components>Smart Card>Turn On Smart Card Plug and Play Service”
    6. Right-click “Turn On Smart Card Plug and Play Service” and select “Edit.” In the Properties dialog, select “Disabled” to turn off this service and remove the smart card option from the login screen. Click
      “Apply” and “OK” to save your changes.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 31, 2023
  4. IDprotect not running "General application error the Smart Card service is down"

Microsoft driver update for Generic Smart card - Error 0x80240061

I can't update Microsoft driver update for Generic Smart card - Error 0x80240061

* Moved from Insider

Sumeth Temram, May 31, 2023
Thema:

IDprotect not running "General application error the Smart Card service is down"

1. IDprotect not running "General application error the Smart Card service is down" - Similar Threads - IDprotect running General

2. Smart Card error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Smart Card error: We are having a problem with smart card error. Our customers use a smart card to access private information from the government. Patients recordsUsers connect by inserting the USB key into the computer and then clicking on the government application. They are prompted for a...
  3. Smart Card error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Smart Card error: We are having a problem with smart card error. Our customers use a smart card to access private information from the government. Patients recordsUsers connect by inserting the USB key into the computer and then clicking on the government application. They are prompted for a...
  4. Smart Card error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. IDprotect not running "General application error the Smart Card service is down"

IDprotect not running "General application error the Smart Card service is down": HiOn a new computer with win 11 pro I downloaded the IDprotect driver But when I run it i recive General application error the Smart Card service is downany ideas?...
  6. Windows 10 Smart Card Services not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Smart Card Services not working: I am running Windows 10, 64 bit Home, version10.0.19044 on my HP Envy laptop. The Smart Card reader is not working. I found that the Smart Cart service and the Smart Card Device Enumeration Service were stopped and set to manual start. I set them to Automatic start and...
  7. Unable to login with a smart card. Error: "signing in with a smart card is not supported...

Unable to login with a smart card. Error: "signing in with a smart card is not supported...: Hello everyone, I am writing to describe a problem I have trying to setup an Windows Domain environment for a Automation System. Normaly, in the past we did really basic Active Directry setup with policies regarding accounts, passwords, RDP, use of USB devices just standard...
  8. smart card service

smart card service: Since the latest update of win10 the service is not found among the services. Is it possible to get this function back ? The result is that a smart card reader from the bank no longer functions. thank you...
  9. smart card services

smart card services: Sinds de laatste windows update is bij de lokale services geen smart card service aanwezig, hierdoor werken card readers niet meer, kan dit terug geinstalleerd worden ?...
  10. Unable to connect to remote desktop: "The smart card service is not running"

Unable to connect to remote desktop: "The smart card service is not running": I am trying to use a remote desktop connection with a smart card reader on Parallels Windows 10. Every time I try to connect I receive the error message "The smart card service in not running. Please start the smart card service and try again.". I have checked in Services and...