Windows 10: IE 11 Add-ons/Accelerators

Discus and support IE 11 Add-ons/Accelerators in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Internet Explorer Gallery Is Microsoft slowly getting rid of its Add-ons for IE 11? I am using Windows 10, and i still use IE 11. Mainly for the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by derekellis81, Jun 7, 2016.

1. IE 11 Add-ons/Accelerators

Internet Explorer Gallery

Is Microsoft slowly getting rid of its Add-ons for IE 11?

I am using Windows 10, and i still use IE 11. Mainly for the use of Roboform Password Manager. Thats until they make it work with Edge.

I wanted to swtich my Search Provider, from Google to Bing. Just to compare the two. There are other Accelerators, dealing with Maps and Translators.

I only see that there are Search Add-ons avaiable.

So, is Micrsoft trying to force users to use its New Edge Browser? If so, im not really to use it, at least just yet. I dont really care for other browsers, ive been using Internet Explorer since 2002 (IE6) when i bought my first PC with Windows Xp.

:)

derekellis81, Jun 7, 2016

2. google maps accelerator in IE 11

it should be so simple but it's driving me mad.

How can I change my map accelerator in IE11 to Google Map from Bing Maps. I've deleted Bing maps but can't find the google map accelerator on the IE add-on page. Now I can't find any map accelerators at all when I click the link from "manage add-ons".
    The link to IE gallery only brings up search providers and tracking protection add-ons. I've even tried resetting IE 11, but even Bing maps doesn't reappear. I know it can be done as my other PC has IE 11 and Google maps.

Any help very welcome.

MarkrWilliams, Jun 7, 2016
  3. Ago2180 Win User
    Again IE 11 website with add-ons down?

I checked later and got the website live

Ago2180, Jun 7, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

IE 11 Add-ons/Accelerators

I hope this is what you want..............

Open IE11 > Tools > Manage add-ons > left side, under Show, click the pointer and select All add-ons > left side, click Search providers > near the bottom, click Find more search providers > click the Add button next to Bing Search > set Bing as your default search engine.

davidhk, Jun 7, 2016
  5. Thats exaclty what i did. If you click the link i provided, the Add-on/Acclerator list is small. I recall that when i set mine months ago, there where many more listed.

6. IE 11 Add-ons/Accelerators [​IMG]

This is a Snipping Tool Image capture of what i am refering to. There (or at least should be) are two Acclerators i use a lot - Maps, and Translators. There is even the Email Accelrator (which i never use).

So, how can i get these back?

7. davidhk Win User
    But you want Bing as your search engine. Right ?
    And Bing is on the list. So, what's the problem ?

davidhk, Jun 7, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

I don't know how to help you on Accelerators.
    Sorry.

davidhk, Jun 7, 2016
  9. davidhk,

I am wanting to re-add the Map and Translate Acclerators. I was using Googles Acclerators, but i wanted to swtich (back to) Bing. They were isntalled when IE 11 was updated/installed fresh, before i change to Google

10. Slartybart, Jun 7, 2016
  11. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. IE 11 Add-ons/Accelerators - Similar Threads - Add ons Accelerators

2. ADD ONS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ADD ONS: I HAVE DOWNLOADED, UNZIPPED AND INSTALLED TWO ADD ONS INTO THE COMMUNITY FOLDER..THEY SHOW IN THE FOLDER BUT.....THEY SHOW IN THE CONTENT MANAGER AS NOT INSTALLED. I HAVE DELETED THEM FROM THE COMMUNITY FOLDER AND RE-INSTALLED, I HAVE TRIED ALL THINGS WITH NO LUCK.I DO HAVE...
  3. ADD ONS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ADD ONS: I HAVE DOWNLOADED, UNZIPPED AND INSTALLED TWO ADD ONS INTO THE COMMUNITY FOLDER..THEY SHOW IN THE FOLDER BUT.....THEY SHOW IN THE CONTENT MANAGER AS NOT INSTALLED. I HAVE DELETED THEM FROM THE COMMUNITY FOLDER AND RE-INSTALLED, I HAVE TRIED ALL THINGS WITH NO LUCK.I DO HAVE...
  4. ADD ONS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. ADD ONS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. MSFS2020 Add Ons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSFS2020 Add Ons: I have downloaded MSFS2020 Deluxe onto my pc using Microsoft store successfully no issues, now my problem is I have bought London city and M20r as add on and I can't download them they say its in credits, although Xbox wants the same money again for the same add on which is...
  7. Firefox And Add ons

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox And Add ons: I must admit Firefox has improved dramatically in the centuries since I last used it. However, I have installed add on FVD Speed dial (better than Vivaldi or Opera) and after a false start uninstall and reinstall, got it sorted and would like to ask now if: There is any way...
  8. what are add ons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    what are add ons?: what are add ons? How to work with add ons? خزرشهر https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/what-are-add-ons/175b9818-0e26-42a6-9f3d-16be762f1c92
  9. Add-ons For Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Add-ons For Edge Browser: Hi *Party from where I can download Add-ons For Edge Browser ? 19060
  10. Firefox Add-ons attacked

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox Add-ons attacked: NoScript and other popular Firefox add-ons open millions to new attack | Ars Technica 46530

Users found this page by searching for:

1. google maps accelerator ie 11

2. translate with bing accelerator add on ie 11

3. ie 11 accelerator

4. ie 11 accelerators,
  5. add ons accelerator for internet explorer 11