Windows 10: IE 11 closing/crashing problems with Windows 10 1809

Discus and support IE 11 closing/crashing problems with Windows 10 1809 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The original thread... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lorddv, May 8, 2019.

1. lorddv Win User

IE 11 closing/crashing problems with Windows 10 1809

The original thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/all/ie-11-closingcrashing-problems-with-windows-10/ce08acba-2683-40e8-b454-32604f84fe07?page=1 by Ron_0004 unfortunately appears "locked" despite +200 persons need an answer(!).

This problem drives me crazy.

Similar scenario in my case (except for the entries in the Application log concerning iexplorer.exe/ntdll.dll) as I find well described through most of the 50 replies.

Had no problem with IE 11 until installing 1809 recently.

Has anybody seen/found a solution to this?

A. o. "Intellidance" and "ScottM68" 2019-02-26 replied they each had opened a ticket with Microsoft - any positive outcome?

:)

lorddv, May 8, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 8, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    IE 11 not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 8, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Internet Explorer 11 as well as Edge in Windows 10 crashes

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is
    with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter.
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Step 2: I suggest you to reset the Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Refer the below article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Reset Internet explorer disclaimer:

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer
    Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Step 3: Clear caches and cookies

• Open Microsoft EDGE.

• After that click on (…) “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.

• Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.

• Once you click on this option you will see list of feature, Select Cached data and file.

• Here you need to check the option you want to clear and click “Clear” button.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 8, 2019
Thema:

1. IE 11 closing/crashing problems with Windows 10 1809 - Similar Threads - closing crashing problems

2. windows 10 IE 11

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 IE 11: Why is it that almost every Windows 10 update, every website that I visit tells me that IE 11 is outdated and the day before it ran perfectly. Don't say anything about Edge, Chrome, or Firefox. Using those browsers have caused 4 virus attacks with two coming from using...
  3. No Sleep 'til the Windows are closed (1809 problem)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Sleep 'til the Windows are closed (1809 problem): Despite attempts to prevent it, last week I was upgraded to Win 10 1809.17763.107. It immediately deleted all my "restore" points, reset all my apps to MS defaults, and switched off my "sleep" button. I've reset my apps to my preferences, but can't find any way of...
  4. IE 11 crashes when closed

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 crashes when closed: I have a friend running the latest Windows 10 Home 64 bit with all the updates on a very new Lenovo All-In-One computer. Every time she closes the IE, it crashes and then comes up with a message saying Microsoft will let her know when a solution becomes available. Anyone know...
  5. Windows 10 and IE 11.

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 and IE 11.: I'm having a problem when opening ie 11 on two different pc's. When ie opens to aol.com homepage one pc is fine the other opens with this page. The attached screenshot page is the one I don't want opening that way, with the display on the left of the screen. I would like to...
  6. New Build IE 11 crashes

in Browsers and Email
    New Build IE 11 crashes: Since I've installed the new build, clean install, I can't use IE. It crashes usually at the second window. I didn't do the upgrade on a dedicated laptop, installed as new from the iso. I can use FF and Chrome. Pete 3729
  7. Having problems with IE 11 in Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Having problems with IE 11 in Windows 10: Hi, I started having issues with IE 11 in one of my forums that I have been a member of for 10 years. When I click on a thread to reply or even to start a thread I get this message [img] It says it is a bad address. However, when I go to my forum with Edge, or Google I...
  8. old problem, maybe -- IE 11 not starting in Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    old problem, maybe -- IE 11 not starting in Windows 10: My wife's PC (Win-10) developed aproblem after an update last year when Internet Explorer 11 stopped starting. She uses Chrome and paid little attention to it. IE 11 just does nothing when clicked. Reading all nonsense materials onthe Net about this problem nothing so far...
  9. IE 11 Crashing

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 Crashing: Hi, Hoping somebody could help me with this Happening quite often, 5 times today, very annoying I don't have alot of information other then event viewer and sfc outcome Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations. Event Viewer Faulting...
  10. IE 11 crashing

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 crashing: Getting pretty regular "IE has stopped working........" The only data I have is what's in the Event Viewer log. Tried to give MS feedback but when I do what they say, "Type Windows Feedback in the Search....", it just takes me to a Google Search for, "Windows Feedback"....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ie 11 crash 1809

2. ie 11 crashing randomly win10 1903