Windows 10: IE 11 crashing

Discus and support IE 11 crashing in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Getting pretty regular "IE has stopped working........" The only data I have is what's in the Event Viewer log. Tried to give MS feedback but when I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by cfourkays, Oct 4, 2014.

1. cfourkays Win User

IE 11 crashing

Getting pretty regular "IE has stopped working........"
    The only data I have is what's in the Event Viewer log.
    Tried to give MS feedback but when I do what they say, "Type Windows Feedback in the Search....",
    it just takes me to a Google Search for, "Windows Feedback".

Here's log info if anyone here is interested:
    IEXPLORE.EXE 11.0.9841.0 54139edb jscript9.dll 11.0.9841.0 5413a25a c0000005 001598be 630 01cfe02a3be74209 C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\jscript9.dll 7fbfbfdc-4c1d-11e4-bea3-bcee7b235c6d

Would be nice to get this info to the devs.

:)

cfourkays, Oct 4, 2014
  2. Eric Ber Win User

IE 11 crashes

To assist you better, kindly answer these questions:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Is there any update after you try the troubleshooting steps that we have provided?
    • Have you tried to update your Windows and see if you will still experience the same issue?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Oct 4, 2014
  3. Rosie_db Win User
    IE 11 crashes

Hi Eric,

Thank you for replying on my above query.

I will surely try the above solution.

I just have one question regarding this issue. While searching in google about this issue I came across one

site where they have mention similar error.

In that they have mention that this error is due to
    Atlthunk.dll library and Microsoft has confirmed that this is a bug and It should be fixed in Windows 10 RS2. Also there will be no fixed for older OS version.

you can find it in below url

Random crashes on Windows 10 64bit with ATL subclassing

If that is the case has the fixed been released by Microsoft, and for which OS version?

Thanks for your help IE 11 crashing :)

Rosy

Rosie_db, Oct 4, 2014
  4. MrNeeds Win User

IE 11 crashing

MrNeeds, Oct 4, 2014
  5. usasma Win User
    Please do the following (haven't tried this in Win10 yet):
    - open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog))
    - expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
    - right click on Administrative Events
    - select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
    - save the file as Admin.evtx
    - zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
    - upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

Also, search your hard driver for files ending in .dmp, .hdmp, and .mdmp
    There may be crash reports buried deep in the file structure.
    If you find them, zip them up and upload them with your next post.

usasma, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

IE 11 crashing

1. IE 11 crashing - Similar Threads - crashing

2. Explorer crashes every time I right click an .ISO file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer crashes every time I right click an .ISO file: I had some old dvd I turned to ISO files. Some time ago I upgraded to win 10 and hadn't tried to open any .iso files. Yesterdey, while trying to open an ISO file, as soon as I right clicked it, explorer crashes and restarts. This is happening for any iso file I try right...
  3. Photo viewer will not link to Maps and crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo viewer will not link to Maps and crashes: When a photo file has gps data, Photos file information shows a map indicating the location. Previously I could click on "Open map" under the map to open Maps app. Now I get no response and the Photos app crashes after several seconds. Has anybody any idea about what has...
  4. Gaming Laptop Keeps Dropping Direct X and thereby crashing my games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming Laptop Keeps Dropping Direct X and thereby crashing my games: Hello, I currently have an Asus K501UW that has two device adapters. 1. Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 2. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M They came with the laptop. The NVIDIA one is most likely the one for gaming, but for whatever reason it switches over to the Intel(R) one, crashing...
  5. Attempting a Windows Update to 1909 Crashes PC Every Time

Attempting a Windows Update to 1909 Crashes PC Every Time: Hey there all! My PC is currently running version 1803, Windows 10 Education. About two weeks ago, I wanted to talk to some of my friends via Xbox Party chat so I attempted to install the Xbox PC Beta app. It told me that my Windows needed an update and I looked it up and I...
  6. bsod. I Crash each time I start up but then it starts ok?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    bsod. I Crash each time I start up but then it starts ok?: bsod. I Crash each time I start up but then it starts ok? The computer starts up OK but then after the desktop coms up the system will crash to the bLue screen, but when I attempt restart it stars and usually runs normally Help...
  7. Windows Explorer closes less than 5 seconds after opening and Control Panel is casuing crashes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Explorer closes less than 5 seconds after opening and Control Panel is casuing crashes: I have tried all troubleshooting I can, but cannot find the issue. I have run ativirus scans, contacting support, and even resetting the laptop. If ANYONE can help me, I would appreciate it....
  8. Onenote crashes with wacom intuos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Onenote crashes with wacom intuos: Hi, I am having problems with Onenote and the pen input, my laptop is a Lenovo IdeaPad L340. All the drivers and the softwares are updated. The program shuts down after not more than 10 sec after I start writing. I have the same problem with the pen input (the tool that...
  9. Roblox crash keeps creating repair loop?

Roblox crash keeps creating repair loop?: Hello, I am having an issue. My daughter keeps getting a black screen of death while playing Roblox, which twice now has resulted in a repair loop that can only be solved by a Windows restore to a few days prior. In the log file it says that drivers/pci.sys is corrupted. I...
  10. NetFx Repair Tool causes Web Browsers to crash

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NetFx Repair Tool causes Web Browsers to crash: My AutoCAD 2019 64 bit stopped working. One of the trouble shooting steps was to run NetFx Repair Tool, so I did. However, once I ran it, now whenever I open Google Chrome OR Internet Explorer, they both flash open for a second and then instantly crash/close. No error...