Windows 10: IE 11 does not open

Discus and support IE 11 does not open in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I checked as you suggested and it is IE 11. I looked back thru the update and I misread that was an IE update for windows 10. sorry about that.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by rees, Dec 8, 2015.

1. rees Win User

IE 11 does not open

I checked as you suggested and it is IE 11. I looked back thru the update and I misread that was an IE update for windows 10. sorry about that.

Here is an error message that has come up recently "AMD Raid exped time out task 10"

I will report back what the commands reveal.

2. rees Win User

SFC... "did not find any integrity violations"

DISM... image version 10.0.10586.0 20%

3. rees Win User
    rebooted with no change ie still not opening.

4. jds63 Win User

IE 11 does not open

Where exactly are you seeing this error about AMD RAID ? Not sure it is exactly worded right as you put it, but a RAID is a hard drive setup. Could be something to do with some software on PC, SATA Controllers (be where drives are hooked to inside the PC), since i know not much about complete system specs be hard for me to know, try to tell me or show me exactly where this error was. DISM can take time.

jds63, Dec 10, 2015
  5. rees Win User
    Error comes up a few minutes, maybe 5 minutes after boot up. shows up on desktop lower right with norton markings on it. after this disappears I find a triangular caution icon in tray lower right. when I click on this I find a similar message. hard to get it all as it disappears before I can write down. dont seem to be able to copy it.

6. jds63 Win User
    What Norton Product do you have ? Probably Norton performance monitor. Not sure this had anything to do with IE issues.

jds63, Dec 10, 2015
  7. rees Win User
    I have the norton security suite. norton rerported the error.

8. jds63 Win User

IE 11 does not open

Norton keeps history of these, if you can check it and see exactly what it is telling you there. I have Norton Security 2015 as it might be in a different place then yours. I am thinking maybe your Security suite maybe interfering with IE can try to disable the Firewall and Real time protection temporarily. Also possible cause of IE not working malware or virus, so can also do a full scan of system.

Still trying to find out a cause of IE issue. When you turned it off in Programs and Features, did you click Apply and OK and restart the PC and then go back and do the same, but this time turn it on.

Another thing i saw in Internet Options is to check this, see if it is checked in it's box. Internet Options > Advanced Tab > Scroll Down to the area Security > Uncheck "Enable Enhanced Protected Mode

jds63, Dec 10, 2015
  9. jds63 Win User
    Is Chrome or Firefox your default browsers ? Does Microsoft Edge work ?

jds63, Dec 10, 2015
  10. rees Win User
    "Norton keeps history of these,..." I looked in norton - secuity - history but did not find mention of the error. Not sure where else to look.

"Still trying to find out a cause of IE issue. When you turned it off in Programs and Features, did you click Apply and OK and restart the PC and then go back and do the same, but this time turn it on" - YES

"Another thing i saw in Internet Options is to check this, see if it is checked in it's box. Internet Options > Advanced Tab > Scroll Down to the area Security > Uncheck "Enable Enhanced Protected Mode" - was unchecked already.

11. rees Win User
    Chrome is default browser. firefox was just installed yesterday and works. Edge works.

12. jds63 Win User
    See anything in Norton called History in it's settings or main screen ? temporarily unselect Chrome as default.
    Try this with IE, just want to see if it loads. Right click IE and select from the drop down menu Start InPrivate Browsing

jds63, Dec 10, 2015
  13. jds63 Win User

IE 11 does not open

Something on the system is stopping IE either Security suite or another software, corrupted files if any should have been fixed by SFC command you ran, can try these a few times same as i showed you, in same order and reboot.

jds63, Dec 10, 2015
  14. rees Win User
    "See anything in Norton called History in it's settings or main screen?" security all green. In history there are many entries, no reference to the raid error. only red entry was for disabling firewall to see if IE would work.

"Try this with IE, just want to see if it loads. Right click IE and select from the drop down menu Start InPrivate Browsing" - I selected IE as default browser. When I right click on IE there is no option to start in private browsing

15. jds63 Win User
    First issue might be irrelevant to the IE issue, so one at a time.
    Really where are you clicking IE, because i tried it on mine and it shows in All Apps and i have it attached to my Start menu ?

jds63, Dec 10, 2015
Thema:

IE 11 does not open

1. IE 11 does not open - Similar Threads - does open

2. Does anyone know how to fix this problem, so everytime i open roblox only on opera gx it...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Does anyone know how to fix this problem, so everytime i open roblox only on opera gx it...: Its only inverted colors on opera gx, when I open roblox on google its not inverted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-anyone-know-how-to-fix-this-problem-so/639dc5ba-764c-4936-b0bb-9a1aaeade63b
  3. Does anyone know how to fix this problem, so everytime i open roblox only on opera gx it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone know how to fix this problem, so everytime i open roblox only on opera gx it...: Its only inverted colors on opera gx, when I open roblox on google its not inverted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-anyone-know-how-to-fix-this-problem-so/639dc5ba-764c-4936-b0bb-9a1aaeade63b
  4. Does anyone know how to fix this problem, so everytime i open roblox only on opera gx it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I scan and save in PDF and when open. Windows always does optimize to open and it messes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I scan and save in PDF and when open. Windows always does optimize to open and it messes...: I scan and save in PDF and when open. Windows always does optimize to open and it messes the layout of words on pages. How do I open exactly what I scanned...
  6. I scan and save in PDF and when open. Windows always does optimize to open and it messes...

I scan and save in PDF and when open. Windows always does optimize to open and it messes...: I scan and save in PDF and when open. Windows always does optimize to open and it messes the layout of words on pages. How do I open exactly what I scanned...
  7. Double click does not open documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double click does not open documents: I have Version 22H2OSBuild 19045.4170 when I double click my documents no longer open up. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-click-does-not-open-documents/890ff505-0c0a-4811-a25b-4ada9432051d
  8. Double click does not open documents

Double click does not open documents: I have Version 22H2OSBuild 19045.4170 when I double click my documents no longer open up. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-click-does-not-open-documents/890ff505-0c0a-4811-a25b-4ada9432051d
  9. Double click does not open documents

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. What does Windows Explorer and /or google Chrome keep randomly 1- 5 openings reverting to a...

What does Windows Explorer and /or google Chrome keep randomly 1- 5 openings reverting to a...: What does te Windows Explorer and /or google Chrome keep randomly 1- 5 openings reverting to a 'dark' setting when previous set at 'Light'.This has been happening for the past 14 months since receiveing a new HP Elitebook Spec: 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42...